Congratulations and thanks to the Swimming & Diving alumni for sweeping the 2015 Alumni Challege with a 29% overall giving participation rate, and a 7% increase in total giving over last year's team alumni participation.
With almost 100 former swimmers and divers making a gift in the final 48 hours of the Challenge, the H2Ounds raised more than $5,000 for the program IN ADDITION to the $10,000 in gift money that the program will receive as double winners of the Challenge.
Thank you to everyone who particpated in this year's Alumni Challenge. As you can see in the graphs and Honor Roll below, an impressive amount of alumni participated. All of our programs benefitted from the generosity and Greyhound pride of all of the alumni listed in the Honor Rolls below.
Highlights of the Challenge include:
- Almost 300 gifts generated in 16-day window. Almost half of those gifts came from former student-athletes who did not make a gift last year.
- The Athletic Alumni Challenge concluded in conjunction with Loyola's Day of Giving Challenge, which generated a record-906 donors to the University in a single day, and raised more than $150,000 in support for the University.
- While gifts were made by former student-athletes to all areas of the University, more than $65,000 was generated in support for the Greyhounds Athletics Fund and team-based enhancement accounts.
- In total, 20% of all student-athletes have made a gift to Loyola in 2014-15, which surpasses the University's overall undergraduate alumni giving rate.
Click here for the Challenge rules
Alumni Challenge Final Honor Rolls of Donors
- A former student-athlete has donated $10,000 to the Greyhounds.$5,000 will go to the team with the highest overall participation percentage as of April 16 and $5,000 will go to the team that shows the biggest increase over last year's participation rate. Every team has a shot to win!
- It's about participation.Of course we want to raise money to support our student-athletes, but giving participation rates are the single-best metric for demonstrating the impact Loyola Athletics has on the lives of our alumni and student-athletes.
- Give where it is most meaningful to you.You can give to your old team, to the Evergreen Fund, or any area of the University that matters to you. It all counts in this Challenge.
- The counting for the Challenge began on June 1, 2014.If you have given at least $20 to Loyola since then, you have done your part and will be counted in your team's giving participation.
- Beginning April 1, we will post each team's Honor Roll of Donors and Challenge Leaderboards. Take pride in seeing your name on the list - you are contributing to the success of Loyola and Greyhounds Athletics. Once you've done your part, please help us recruit your old teammates and get them committed to Loyola and the Challenge.
- If you played more than one sport, your gift will count towards the alumni giving totals for each team. Participation could mean you were a four-year starter or a one-year benchwarmer, if you wore the uniform, even just once, consider yourself an alum of that sport.
- The alumni giving percentages are determined by solicitable alumni that played a varsity sport at Loyola. A solicitable alumnus/na is someone who has at least one active form of contact information and has not requested that he/she no longer be communicated with by the University.
- Loyola Athletics strives to maintain an accurate athletic alumni database. Please let us know if you spot a correction that needs to be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eight Greyhound Teams Recognized By NCAA For...
Eight Loyola University Maryland athletic teams were recognized Wednesday by the NCAA for being...
Frazier, Sherlock Earn USILA All-America Honors
Senior defender Pat Frazier and sophomore midfielder Brian Sherlock were named earned United...
Three Loyola Student-Athletes Named Sellinger...
Three Loyola University Maryland student-athletes were among those named to the Sellinger...
Thomas, VanThof, Lesher Pick Up IWLCA All-Ameri...
Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse senior Annie Thomas was named to the IWLCA All-Americ...
Frazier Named USILA Scholar All-American
The United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association (USILA) named recent Loyola University...
Golf Wraps Up Competition At NCAA Regional
Connor Flach shot a final-round 1-under par 71 on Saturday, and the Loyola University Maryland...
Syracuse Gets Past Women's Lacrosse, 10-7, In...
Kara Burke scored three goals and tied the Loyola University Maryland single-season record with...
Women's Eight Competes In Patriot League...
he Loyola University Maryland women's rowing team completed competition at the 2015 Patriot...
There are no upcoming events.
There are no event results at this time.