- INSIDE ATHLETICS
- FOR THE STUDENTS
Thank you to those who participated in the 2014 Student-Athlete Alumni Challenge. The support from alumni was outstanding and it shows the great pride you have for your teams. There was tight competition during the entire Challenge, but the Men's Golf team and Rowing team took the win and the $10,000 in prize money. The Men's Golf team took the overall with 27% of its alumni giving back to Loyola earning them $5,000. The Rowing team took the biggest increase in alumni giving from the previous year with a 7.8% increase earning them the other $5,000.
Congratulations To Those Teams!
- 890 student-athlete alumni supported Loyola during the challenge
- 4 teams surpassed their overall FY 2012-13 giving (rowing, women's basketball,
women's volleyball, and men's golf)
- 268 student-athlete alumni donated this year to Loyola that did not
make a gift in FY 2012-2013
- 106 young alumni (graduated in the last 5 years) made a gift during the challenge
- Overall 19% participation rate from student-athlete alumni (as of 2/28/14)
Ways To Win:
1) The team with the highest percentage of alumni giving to Loyola by February 28th will win $5,000.
2) The team with the largest percentage increase of alumni giving compared to the previous academic year will win $5,000. In other words, help your team have more athletic alumni supporting Loyola in 9 months than the previous 12 months (June 1, 2012- May 31, 2013).
See The Alumni Who Have Made Their Gift Already This Year:
*If you played more than one sport your gift will count towards the alumni giving totals for each team.
*The alumni giving percentages are determined by solicitable alumni that played a varsity sport at Loyola. A solicitable alumnus/na is someone who has at least one active form of contact information and has not requested that he/she no longer be communicated with by the University.
* Loyola Athletics strives to maintain an accurate athletic alumni database. Please let us know if you spot a correction that needs to be made by emailing email@example.com.