Congratulations and thanks to the Swimming & Diving alumni for sweeping the 2015 Alumni Challege with a 29% overall giving participation rate, and a 7% increase in total giving over last year's team alumni participation.
With almost 100 former swimmers and divers making a gift in the final 48 hours of the Challenge, the H2Ounds raised more than $5,000 for the program IN ADDITION to the $10,000 in gift money that the program will receive as double winners of the Challenge.
Thank you to everyone who particpated in this year's Alumni Challenge. As you can see in the graphs and Honor Roll below, an impressive amount of alumni participated. All of our programs benefitted from the generosity and Greyhound pride of all of the alumni listed in the Honor Rolls below.
Highlights of the Challenge include:
- Almost 300 gifts generated in 16-day window. Almost half of those gifts came from former student-athletes who did not make a gift last year.
- The Athletic Alumni Challenge concluded in conjunction with Loyola's Day of Giving Challenge, which generated a record-906 donors to the University in a single day, and raised more than $150,000 in support for the University.
- While gifts were made by former student-athletes to all areas of the University, more than $65,000 was generated in support for the Greyhounds Athletics Fund and team-based enhancement accounts.
- In total, 20% of all student-athletes have made a gift to Loyola in 2014-15, which surpasses the University's overall undergraduate alumni giving rate.
Click here for the Challenge rules
Alumni Challenge Final Honor Rolls of Donors
- A former student-athlete has donated $10,000 to the Greyhounds.$5,000 will go to the team with the highest overall participation percentage as of April 16 and $5,000 will go to the team that shows the biggest increase over last year's participation rate. Every team has a shot to win!
- It's about participation.Of course we want to raise money to support our student-athletes, but giving participation rates are the single-best metric for demonstrating the impact Loyola Athletics has on the lives of our alumni and student-athletes.
- Give where it is most meaningful to you.You can give to your old team, to the Evergreen Fund, or any area of the University that matters to you. It all counts in this Challenge.
- The counting for the Challenge began on June 1, 2014.If you have given at least $20 to Loyola since then, you have done your part and will be counted in your team's giving participation.
- Beginning April 1, we will post each team's Honor Roll of Donors and Challenge Leaderboards. Take pride in seeing your name on the list - you are contributing to the success of Loyola and Greyhounds Athletics. Once you've done your part, please help us recruit your old teammates and get them committed to Loyola and the Challenge.
- If you played more than one sport, your gift will count towards the alumni giving totals for each team. Participation could mean you were a four-year starter or a one-year benchwarmer, if you wore the uniform, even just once, consider yourself an alum of that sport.
- The alumni giving percentages are determined by solicitable alumni that played a varsity sport at Loyola. A solicitable alumnus/na is someone who has at least one active form of contact information and has not requested that he/she no longer be communicated with by the University.
- Loyola Athletics strives to maintain an accurate athletic alumni database. Please let us know if you spot a correction that needs to be made by emailing email@example.com.
Men's Soccer Opens Season At Home Friday...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will open its 73rd season of competition on...
Women's Soccer Closes Out August At Temple And ...
Loyola University Maryland women's soccer kicks off a five-game non-conference road swing,...
Men's Lacrosse Welcomes 15 Newcomers For 2015-2016
Loyola University Maryland Head Coach Charley Toomey, the Greyhounds staff and several returning ...
Lesher, Paton, Thomas, VanThof Make Patriot...
In two years since joining the Patriot League, the Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse...
Registration For 13th-Annual Diane Geppi Aikens...
Registration for the 13th-Annual Diane Geppi Aikens Memorial 5k run and 1-mile fun walk is now...
Women's Soccer Drops Afternoon Match To Monmouth
In a match that was rescheduled for Tuesday morning due to lightning delays the night before,...
Fletcher, Ward Named To Patriot League 25th...
Despite playing just one season in the Patriot League, former Loyola University Maryland men's...
Rowing To Hold Open Walk-On Tryouts
The Loyola University Maryland men's and women's rowing teams are seeking freshmen and sophomores...
Friday, Aug 28 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer Saint Francis Pa T, 0-0 (2OT) Live Stats Video Women's Soccer at Temple L, 4-0 Live Stats|Video
Saturday, Aug 29 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Volleyball vs UMBC 11:00 AM Live Stats Women's Volleyball at Robert Morris 6:00 PM Live Stats | Video
Sunday, Aug 30 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Soccer at Cornell 1:00 PM Live Stats Women's Volleyball vs Canisius 2:00 PM Live Stats Monday, Aug 31 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer at La Salle 7:00 PM Tuesday, Sept 1 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Volleyball Howard 7:00 PM Live Stats Friday, Sept 4 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Soccer at Saint Francis Pa 4:00 PM Women's Volleyball vs Georgia State 12:30 PM Women's Tennis at Bucknell Invitational 2:00 PM Men's Tennis at Bucknell Invitational 2:00 PM Women's Volleyball at High Point 5:00 PM Video
Cross Country at Mount St Marys Duals All Day Saturday, Sept 5 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer Old Dominion 7:00 PM Live Stats Video Men's Tennis at Bucknell Invitational 9:00 AM Women's Tennis at Bucknell Invitational 9:00 AM Sunday, Sept 6 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Tennis at Bucknell Invitational 9:00 AM Men's Tennis at Bucknell Invitational 9:00 AM Tuesday, Sept 8 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer at Duke 7:00 PM Friday, Sept 11 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Soccer at UMBC 7:30 PM Men's Tennis at Villanova Invitational 12:00 PM Women's Tennis at Saint Josephs Invitational 1:00 PM Saturday, Sept 12 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer UMBC 7:00 PM Live Stats Video Men's Tennis at Villanova Invitational 9:00 AM Women's Tennis at Saint Josephs Invitational 9:00 AM Men's Golf vs Rod Myers Invitational All Day Cross Country at Salty Dog Invite All Day Sunday, Sept 13 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Soccer vs Towson 12:00 PM Women's Tennis at Saint Josephs Invitational 9:00 AM Men's Tennis at Villanova Invitational 9:00 AM Men's Golf vs Rod Myers Invitational All Day Saturday, Sept 19 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer at George Washington 1:00 PM Live Stats Women's Soccer Lafayette 7:00 PM Live Stats Video Women's Lacrosse Alumnae Game 11:00 AM Monday, Sept 21 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Golf vs Fighting Irish Golf Classic All Day Tuesday, Sept 22 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Golf vs Fighting Irish Golf Classic All Day
Friday, Aug 21 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Women's Soccer Delaware L, 2-1 (2OT) Live Stats | Video Monday, Aug 24 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Women's Soccer Monmouth Postponed Live Stats | Video Tuesday, Aug 25 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Women's Soccer Monmouth L, 2-0 | Video Friday, Aug 28 SPORT EVENT RESULT COVERAGE Men's Soccer Saint Francis (Pa.) T, 0-0 (2OT) Live Stats | Video Women's Soccer Temple L, 4-0 Live Stats|Video