Congratulations and thanks to the Swimming & Diving alumni for sweeping the 2015 Alumni Challege with a 29% overall giving participation rate, and a 7% increase in total giving over last year's team alumni participation.
With almost 100 former swimmers and divers making a gift in the final 48 hours of the Challenge, the H2Ounds raised more than $5,000 for the program IN ADDITION to the $10,000 in gift money that the program will receive as double winners of the Challenge.
Thank you to everyone who particpated in this year's Alumni Challenge. As you can see in the graphs and Honor Roll below, an impressive amount of alumni participated. All of our programs benefitted from the generosity and Greyhound pride of all of the alumni listed in the Honor Rolls below.
Highlights of the Challenge include:
- Almost 300 gifts generated in 16-day window. Almost half of those gifts came from former student-athletes who did not make a gift last year.
- The Athletic Alumni Challenge concluded in conjunction with Loyola's Day of Giving Challenge, which generated a record-906 donors to the University in a single day, and raised more than $150,000 in support for the University.
- While gifts were made by former student-athletes to all areas of the University, more than $65,000 was generated in support for the Greyhounds Athletics Fund and team-based enhancement accounts.
- In total, 20% of all student-athletes have made a gift to Loyola in 2014-15, which surpasses the University's overall undergraduate alumni giving rate.
Click here for the Challenge rules
Alumni Challenge Final Honor Rolls of Donors
- A former student-athlete has donated $10,000 to the Greyhounds.$5,000 will go to the team with the highest overall participation percentage as of April 16 and $5,000 will go to the team that shows the biggest increase over last year's participation rate. Every team has a shot to win!
- It's about participation.Of course we want to raise money to support our student-athletes, but giving participation rates are the single-best metric for demonstrating the impact Loyola Athletics has on the lives of our alumni and student-athletes.
- Give where it is most meaningful to you.You can give to your old team, to the Evergreen Fund, or any area of the University that matters to you. It all counts in this Challenge.
- The counting for the Challenge began on June 1, 2014.If you have given at least $20 to Loyola since then, you have done your part and will be counted in your team's giving participation.
- Beginning April 1, we will post each team's Honor Roll of Donors and Challenge Leaderboards. Take pride in seeing your name on the list - you are contributing to the success of Loyola and Greyhounds Athletics. Once you've done your part, please help us recruit your old teammates and get them committed to Loyola and the Challenge.
- If you played more than one sport, your gift will count towards the alumni giving totals for each team. Participation could mean you were a four-year starter or a one-year benchwarmer, if you wore the uniform, even just once, consider yourself an alum of that sport.
- The alumni giving percentages are determined by solicitable alumni that played a varsity sport at Loyola. A solicitable alumnus/na is someone who has at least one active form of contact information and has not requested that he/she no longer be communicated with by the University.
- Loyola Athletics strives to maintain an accurate athletic alumni database. Please let us know if you spot a correction that needs to be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quinn Named Men's Basketball Assistant Coach
Trevor Quinn, a native of Severna Park, Maryland, and a 2005 graduate of Goucher College, was...
Dengler Earns All-America Scholar Honors From GCAA
Loyola University Maryland golf rising senior Jimmy Dengler has been named a Cleveland Golf/Srixo...
Track & Field Earns USTFCCCA All-Academic Team ...
The Loyola University Maryland women's track and field team was named to the U.S. Track and Field...
Nominations Open For Loyola Athletics Hall Of Fame
Nominations are open for the Loyola University Maryland Athletics Hall of Fame Class of 2016....
Coan Wins Silver Medal With 4x100 Relay Team At...
Two Loyola University Maryland rising sophomores, Mckenzie Coan and Alyssa Gialamas, will compete...
Volleyball Announces 2015 Schedule
Loyola University Maryland volleyball will open the 2015 season on Aug. 29 at the Robert Morris...
152 Student-Athletes Earn Patriot League...
Loyola University Maryland placed 152 student-athletes on their respective sports' Patriot League...
Women's Soccer Announces 2015 Schedule
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team has announced its 16-game 2015 schedule,...
Friday, Aug 21 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Soccer Delaware 7:00 PM Video Monday, Aug 24 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Soccer Monmouth 7:00 PM Friday, Aug 28 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer Saint Francis Pa 6:00 PM Women's Soccer at Temple 4:00 PM Saturday, Aug 29 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Volleyball vs UMBC 11:00 AM Women's Volleyball at Robert Morris 6:00 PM Sunday, Aug 30 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Soccer at Cornell 1:00 PM Women's Volleyball vs Canisius 2:00 PM Monday, Aug 31 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Men's Soccer at La Salle 7:00 PM Tuesday, Sept 1 SPORT EVENT TIME COVERAGE Women's Volleyball Howard 7:00 PM
There are no event results at this time.