Volleyball Closes The Season Against Lafayette And Holy Cross
|Date||Tuesday, November 7, 2017|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Watch|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
|Opponent||Holy Cross Crusaders|
|Date||Saturday, November 11, 2017|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
|Location||Worcester, Mass.|The Hart Center at the Luth Athletic Complex|
The Greyhounds (9-18 overall, 3-11 Patriot League):
• Loyola looks for its best Patriot League finish since the team finished sixth, with a 5-11 record, in 2013.
• The Greyhounds are No. 6 overall in the Patriot League.
• Ann Ernst leads the team with 336 kills (3.39 k/s) and is currently ranked fifth in the Patriot League in kills as well as leading Loyola with 21 service aces.
• Ashley Kozer is on top of the team with 640 assists (6.46 Ast/set) and is ranked seventh in the Patriot League.
• Loyola has landed four spots on the Patriot League Player of the Week honorable mention list so far this season, while Ashley Kozer was named Rookie of the Week (Sept. 18 and Oct. 16), and Mackenzie Fedota was named Rookie of the Week (Oct. 8).
• Loyola lost to Lafayette, 3-1, but beat Holy Cross earlier this season.
Scouting the Leopards (5-22 overall, 2-12 Patriot League):
• Lafayette ranks fourth in the Patriot League in service aces with an average of 1.38 per set.
• Sonia Musso is No. 4 in the conference in service aces (0.30 AVG/s).
• Lexie Caraveo ranks ninth in the Patriot League in service aces (0.27 AVG/s) and No. 6 in digs (3.78 AVG/s).
• Lafayette stands at No. 8 in the conference overall.
• The Leopards are 1-8 for away matches.
• Loyola fell to Lafayette, 3-1, earlier this season.
Scouting the Crusaders (4-23 overall, 1-13 Patriot League):
• Holy Cross is No. 2 in the Patriot League in digs (16.69 AVG/s) and No. 3 in service aces (1.39 AVG/s).
• The Crusaders are No. 9 overall in the Patriot League.
• Sophie VanSeveren leads the conference in digs (5.73 AVG/s).
• Kathleen Philo ranks sixth in the Patriot League in service aces (0.29 AVG/s) and 10th in assists (5.32 AVG/s).
• Katie Kerins is No. 6 in kills (3.13).
• Holy Cross is 3-6 in home matches.
• Loyola beat the Crusaders, 3-0, earlier this season.
Bucknell Rallies To Top Volleyball
Haley Puddy and Ann Ernst each had 17 kills for Loyola, but Bucknell rallied from a second-set...
Mountain Hawks Knock Off Volleyball Friday Night
Loyola led 20-17 in the first set, but Lehigh rallied to win that frame en route to a three-set...
Lehigh, Bucknell Up Next For Volleyball
Volleyball hosts Lehigh on Friday before going on the road to face Bucknell on Saturday.
Colgate Stages First-Set Rally To Propel Itself...
Colgate rallied from a late first-set deficit to get past Loyola, 26-24, 25-20, 25-20, on Sunday ...
Army West Point Takes Down Volleyball In Three
Loyola volleyball team honored its seniors – Molly Cichosz, Stacey Kazalas, Elena Scarano, ...
Weekend Sees Volleyball Host Army And Colgate
The Loyola volleyball team hosts Army on Saturday and Colgate on Sunday for back-to-back home...
Navy Tops Volleyball Saturday Afternoon
Ann Ernst posted a double-double with 11 kills and 10 digs for Loyola, but the Navy topped the...
Volleyball Continues Play At Home Against Navy
Loyola volleyball is back in action Saturday, October 21, in Reitz Arena where the Greyhounds...
There are no upcoming events.