Final Road Trip This Weekend For Volleyball
Nov. 6, 2013
|Opponent||Holy Cross Crusaders|
|Date||Friday, November 8, 2013|
|Location||Worcester, Mass. | Holy Cross Field House|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Free Video (Patriot League Network)|
|Opponent||Army Black Knights|
|Date||Saturday, November 9, 2013|
|Location||West Point, N.Y. | Gillis Field House|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
- Loyola University Maryland volleyball will make its final road trip of the 2013 season this weekend when it heads north for a pair of games.
- The Greyhounds will travel first to Worcester, Mass., for a 7 o’clock game on Friday, November 8, at College of the Holy Cross. They then head to West Point, N.Y., for a Saturday night contest at 7:30 p.m. against the United States Military Academy.
- Jac Bullock entered Friday night’s match against Lafayette needing just seven kills to reach the 1,000 kill plateau for her career. She tallied six in the first set alone and the hit the plateau early in the second frame.
- Bullock has averaged 2.37 kills per set and has been a starter for the Greyhounds since arriving on campus in 2010.
- Over the past two seasons, she has raised that average to 3.06 per set while hitting .308 in 2012 and 2013.
- Her 2.95 kills per set rank fifth in the Patriot League this season, while her 3.22 kills per set in League action rank third. Bullock’s .323 hitting percentage in League play ranks 10th in the conference.
Raising Her Game
- Junior middle blocker Mindy Maloney has stepped up her play considerably during Patriot League play this season. In 12 conference matches, she leads the Patriot League in hitting percentage (.400) against conference opponents. Her mark is 18 points higher than the player in second place on the list, American University’s Kelly McCaddin.
- Maloney’s hitting percentage in Patriot League play is more than nearly 200 points higher than what she hit in 10 non-conference matches (.210).
- Additionally, she has improved her blocking and is averaging 1.05 per set in conference action, good for fourth in the League. She averaged 0.75 against non-conference opponents, and her 0.91 overall average is fifth in the League.
Last Time Out
- The Greyhounds lost a pair of 3-1 matches last weekend against Lafayette College and Lehigh University. Bullock had a combined 30 kills in the two matches.
Maloney Just Misses Record
- Mindy Maloney had a career game on Wednesday, October 16, against the U.S. Naval Academy. The junior middle blocker recorded 13 kills in just 16 attempts for a hitting percentage of .812.
- Her 13 kills tied her career-high from a year ago when she registered the same total at Niagara University in a four-set match.
- Maloney’s .812 hitting percentage was just shy of the school single-match record of .854 set in 1992 by Kim Colavito against East Carolina University. Maloney’s mark is the best by a Loyola player since at least 2001.
Balanced Bryant Downs Volleyball Saturday Morning
Five Bryant University players had five or more kills, and three posted 10-plus digs, as the...
Hampton Outlasts Volleyball To Open Mason...
Stacey Kazalas had a career-high 18 kills as one of three Loyola University Maryland players with...
Tournament Play Wraps Up This Weekend For...
Loyola University Maryland volleyball plays its final tournament of the regular-season this...
Strong Hitting Leads Howard Over Volleyball
Howard University hit .478, and the Bison defeated Loyola University Maryland volleyball in three...
Midweek Match Takes Volleyball To D.C. To Face ...
Loyola University Maryland volleyball will play its final midweek match of the 2016 season on...
Yale Defeats Volleyball In Dog Pound Challenge ...
Haley Puddy hit a season-best .500, but Yale University held the rest of Loyola University...
Volleyball Topples Terriers In Friday Night Affair
Loyola University Maryland volleyball the last 13 points of Friday night's match against Saint...
Connecticut Downs Volleyball In Dog Pound...
The University of Connecticut hit .361 and sided out at an 83 percent success rate to defeat...
Friday, Sept 30 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Holy Cross Worcester, Mass. 7:00 PM Video
Saturday, Oct 1 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Army West Point West Point, N.Y. 4:00 PM Live Stats Saturday, Oct 8 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Bucknell Reitz Arena 2:00 PM Sunday, Oct 9 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Colgate Reitz Arena 2:00 PM Friday, Oct 14 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE American Reitz Arena 7:00 PM Saturday, Oct 15 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Annapolis, Md. 4:00 PM