Final Road Trip This Weekend For Volleyball
Nov. 6, 2013
|Opponent||Holy Cross Crusaders|
|Date||Friday, November 8, 2013|
|Location||Worcester, Mass. | Holy Cross Field House|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Free Video (Patriot League Network)|
|Opponent||Army Black Knights|
|Date||Saturday, November 9, 2013|
|Location||West Point, N.Y. | Gillis Field House|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
- Loyola University Maryland volleyball will make its final road trip of the 2013 season this weekend when it heads north for a pair of games.
- The Greyhounds will travel first to Worcester, Mass., for a 7 o’clock game on Friday, November 8, at College of the Holy Cross. They then head to West Point, N.Y., for a Saturday night contest at 7:30 p.m. against the United States Military Academy.
- Jac Bullock entered Friday night’s match against Lafayette needing just seven kills to reach the 1,000 kill plateau for her career. She tallied six in the first set alone and the hit the plateau early in the second frame.
- Bullock has averaged 2.37 kills per set and has been a starter for the Greyhounds since arriving on campus in 2010.
- Over the past two seasons, she has raised that average to 3.06 per set while hitting .308 in 2012 and 2013.
- Her 2.95 kills per set rank fifth in the Patriot League this season, while her 3.22 kills per set in League action rank third. Bullock’s .323 hitting percentage in League play ranks 10th in the conference.
Raising Her Game
- Junior middle blocker Mindy Maloney has stepped up her play considerably during Patriot League play this season. In 12 conference matches, she leads the Patriot League in hitting percentage (.400) against conference opponents. Her mark is 18 points higher than the player in second place on the list, American University’s Kelly McCaddin.
- Maloney’s hitting percentage in Patriot League play is more than nearly 200 points higher than what she hit in 10 non-conference matches (.210).
- Additionally, she has improved her blocking and is averaging 1.05 per set in conference action, good for fourth in the League. She averaged 0.75 against non-conference opponents, and her 0.91 overall average is fifth in the League.
Last Time Out
- The Greyhounds lost a pair of 3-1 matches last weekend against Lafayette College and Lehigh University. Bullock had a combined 30 kills in the two matches.
Maloney Just Misses Record
- Mindy Maloney had a career game on Wednesday, October 16, against the U.S. Naval Academy. The junior middle blocker recorded 13 kills in just 16 attempts for a hitting percentage of .812.
- Her 13 kills tied her career-high from a year ago when she registered the same total at Niagara University in a four-set match.
- Maloney’s .812 hitting percentage was just shy of the school single-match record of .854 set in 1992 by Kim Colavito against East Carolina University. Maloney’s mark is the best by a Loyola player since at least 2001.
71 Student-Athletes Named To Fall Patriot...
Loyola University Maryland placed 71 student-athletes on their respective sports' Patriot League ...
Volleyball Closes 2015 Season With Loss To...
Molly Cichosz and Haley Puddy combined for 21 kills, but the U.S. Naval Academy defeated Loyola...
Volleyball Drops Three-Set Match At American...
The Loyola University Maryland volleyball team dropped a three-set match at American Friday night.
Volleyball Wraps Up Season With Weekend Matches
Loyola University Maryland volleyball wraps up its 2015 season this weekend with a pair of...
Colgate Tops Greyhounds Volleyball Sunday...
Colgate University had 11 service aces and accrued just six hitting errors Sunday afternoon,...
Early Lead Fades As Bucknell Beats Volleyball
Loyola University Maryland jumped out to an early first-set lead, but Bucknell University closed ...
Bucknell, Colgate Visit Reitz Arena For Volleyball
Loyola University Maryland volleyball will host Bucknell University and Colgate University in...
Holy Cross Rallies To Beat Volleyball
Loyola University Maryland volleyball had set-point in two sets, and late leads in all three,...