Final Road Trip This Weekend For Volleyball
Nov. 6, 2013
|Opponent||Holy Cross Crusaders|
|Date||Friday, November 8, 2013|
|Location||Worcester, Mass. | Holy Cross Field House|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Free Video (Patriot League Network)|
|Opponent||Army Black Knights|
|Date||Saturday, November 9, 2013|
|Location||West Point, N.Y. | Gillis Field House|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
- Loyola University Maryland volleyball will make its final road trip of the 2013 season this weekend when it heads north for a pair of games.
- The Greyhounds will travel first to Worcester, Mass., for a 7 o’clock game on Friday, November 8, at College of the Holy Cross. They then head to West Point, N.Y., for a Saturday night contest at 7:30 p.m. against the United States Military Academy.
- Jac Bullock entered Friday night’s match against Lafayette needing just seven kills to reach the 1,000 kill plateau for her career. She tallied six in the first set alone and the hit the plateau early in the second frame.
- Bullock has averaged 2.37 kills per set and has been a starter for the Greyhounds since arriving on campus in 2010.
- Over the past two seasons, she has raised that average to 3.06 per set while hitting .308 in 2012 and 2013.
- Her 2.95 kills per set rank fifth in the Patriot League this season, while her 3.22 kills per set in League action rank third. Bullock’s .323 hitting percentage in League play ranks 10th in the conference.
Raising Her Game
- Junior middle blocker Mindy Maloney has stepped up her play considerably during Patriot League play this season. In 12 conference matches, she leads the Patriot League in hitting percentage (.400) against conference opponents. Her mark is 18 points higher than the player in second place on the list, American University’s Kelly McCaddin.
- Maloney’s hitting percentage in Patriot League play is more than nearly 200 points higher than what she hit in 10 non-conference matches (.210).
- Additionally, she has improved her blocking and is averaging 1.05 per set in conference action, good for fourth in the League. She averaged 0.75 against non-conference opponents, and her 0.91 overall average is fifth in the League.
Last Time Out
- The Greyhounds lost a pair of 3-1 matches last weekend against Lafayette College and Lehigh University. Bullock had a combined 30 kills in the two matches.
Maloney Just Misses Record
- Mindy Maloney had a career game on Wednesday, October 16, against the U.S. Naval Academy. The junior middle blocker recorded 13 kills in just 16 attempts for a hitting percentage of .812.
- Her 13 kills tied her career-high from a year ago when she registered the same total at Niagara University in a four-set match.
- Maloney’s .812 hitting percentage was just shy of the school single-match record of .854 set in 1992 by Kim Colavito against East Carolina University. Maloney’s mark is the best by a Loyola player since at least 2001.
Volleyball Drops Three-Set Match At Bucknell
The Loyola University Maryland volleyball team dropped a three-set match to Bucknell at Davis Gym...
Andersen, Maloney Celebrated On Volleyball...
Loyola University Maryland volleyball honors its seniors, Lauren Andersen and Mindy Maloney, in a...
Army Fends Off Volleyball In Friday Night Match
Molly Cichosz had 12 kills for Loyola University Maryland, and Mindy Maloney was in on three...
Senior Day Saturday As Volleyball Hosts Weekend...
Loyola University Maryland volleyball will honor its two seniors - Lauren Andersen and Mindy...
Volleyball Closes Weekend Road Trip With Loss...
Jane Lukas had a match-high 16 kills for Loyola University Maryland, but Lafayette College swept ...
Mountain Hawks Take Down Volleyball In Friday...
Lehigh University trailed late in the first set, but it scored seven of the set's last 10 points ...
Volleyball Makes Weekend Swing Through Lehigh...
Loyola University Maryland volleyball plays two road games this weekend in Pennsylvania's Lehigh ...
Midshipmen Rally To Top Volleyball In Four
Molly Cichosz had 17 kills in the match to lead all players, and Loyola University Maryland won...
There are no upcoming events.