Final Road Trip This Weekend For Volleyball
Nov. 6, 2013
|Opponent||Holy Cross Crusaders|
|Date||Friday, November 8, 2013|
|Location||Worcester, Mass. | Holy Cross Field House|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Free Video (Patriot League Network)|
|Opponent||Army Black Knights|
|Date||Saturday, November 9, 2013|
|Location||West Point, N.Y. | Gillis Field House|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
- Loyola University Maryland volleyball will make its final road trip of the 2013 season this weekend when it heads north for a pair of games.
- The Greyhounds will travel first to Worcester, Mass., for a 7 o’clock game on Friday, November 8, at College of the Holy Cross. They then head to West Point, N.Y., for a Saturday night contest at 7:30 p.m. against the United States Military Academy.
- Jac Bullock entered Friday night’s match against Lafayette needing just seven kills to reach the 1,000 kill plateau for her career. She tallied six in the first set alone and the hit the plateau early in the second frame.
- Bullock has averaged 2.37 kills per set and has been a starter for the Greyhounds since arriving on campus in 2010.
- Over the past two seasons, she has raised that average to 3.06 per set while hitting .308 in 2012 and 2013.
- Her 2.95 kills per set rank fifth in the Patriot League this season, while her 3.22 kills per set in League action rank third. Bullock’s .323 hitting percentage in League play ranks 10th in the conference.
Raising Her Game
- Junior middle blocker Mindy Maloney has stepped up her play considerably during Patriot League play this season. In 12 conference matches, she leads the Patriot League in hitting percentage (.400) against conference opponents. Her mark is 18 points higher than the player in second place on the list, American University’s Kelly McCaddin.
- Maloney’s hitting percentage in Patriot League play is more than nearly 200 points higher than what she hit in 10 non-conference matches (.210).
- Additionally, she has improved her blocking and is averaging 1.05 per set in conference action, good for fourth in the League. She averaged 0.75 against non-conference opponents, and her 0.91 overall average is fifth in the League.
Last Time Out
- The Greyhounds lost a pair of 3-1 matches last weekend against Lafayette College and Lehigh University. Bullock had a combined 30 kills in the two matches.
Maloney Just Misses Record
- Mindy Maloney had a career game on Wednesday, October 16, against the U.S. Naval Academy. The junior middle blocker recorded 13 kills in just 16 attempts for a hitting percentage of .812.
- Her 13 kills tied her career-high from a year ago when she registered the same total at Niagara University in a four-set match.
- Maloney’s .812 hitting percentage was just shy of the school single-match record of .854 set in 1992 by Kim Colavito against East Carolina University. Maloney’s mark is the best by a Loyola player since at least 2001.
Mountain Hawks Defeat Volleyball In Patriot...
Haley Puddy hit .500 and had 11 kills for Loyola University Maryland, but Lehigh University held ...
Patriot League Play Commences In Lehigh Valley ...
The Loyola University Maryland volleyball team will open its third season of play in the Patriot ...
George Washington Holds Off Volleyball In Four-...
Loyola University Maryland hit .226 in its regular-season non-conference finale Tuesday night,...
George Washington Hosts Volleyball Tuesday Night
Loyola University Maryland volleyball will play its final regular-season non-conference match of ...
Bears Rally To Escape Volleyball At Delaware...
Morgan State University rallied from a first-set loss Saturday at the Delaware Invitational to...
Blue Hens, Pioneers Top Volleyball On Delaware ...
Loyola University Maryland volleyball lost a pair of matches Friday on the first day of the...
Join Loyola Volleyball For Alumnae Weekend -...
Join Loyola University Maryland volleyball for its 2015 Alumnae Weekend on Oct. 23-24.
Tournament Action Wraps Up This Weekend For...
The Loyola University Maryland volleyball team plays its final tournament of the 2015 regular-sea...
Friday, Oct 9 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Bucknell Lewisburg, Pa. 7:00 PM Live Stats Video
Saturday, Oct 10 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Colgate Hamilton, N.Y. 4:00 PM Live Stats Video
Wednesday, Oct 14 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE American Reitz Arena 7:00 PM Friday, Oct 16 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Annapolis, Md. 7:00 PM Naval Academy Access & Parking
Friday, Oct 23 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lafayette Reitz Arena 7:00 PM Saturday, Oct 24 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lehigh Reitz Arena 2:00 PM