Lehigh, Bucknell Up Next For Volleyball
|Opponent||Lehigh Mountain Hawks|
|Date||Friday, November 3, 2017|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
|Date||Saturday, November 4, 2017|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
|Location||Lewisburg, Pa. | Davis Gym|
The Greyhounds (9-16 overall, 3-9 Patriot League):
• Loyola is at the end of a six-match home stretch as it hosts Lehigh Friday.
• Ann Ernst leads the team with 311 kills (3.38 k/s) and is currently ranked fifth in the Patriot League in kills as well as leading Loyola with 20 service aces.
• Ashley Kozer is on top of the team with 564 assists (6.13 Ast/set) and is ranked seventh in the Patriot League.
• Loyola has landed four spots on the Patriot League Player of the Week honorable mention list so far this season, while Ashley Kozer was named Rookie of the Week (Sept. 18 and Oct. 16), and Mackenzie Fedota was named Rookie of the Week (Oct. 8).
• Loyola lost to both Lehigh and Bucknell in the same weekend earlier this season.
Scouting the Mountain Hawks (16-10 overall, 7-5 Patriot League):
• Lehigh ranks fourth in the Patriot League in hitting percentage (.229 AVG/s), assists (12.66 AVG/s), blocks (2.11 AVG/s), and is in third place in kills (13.84 AVG/s).
• Ana Sparenberg is third in the League in kills (3.58 AVG/s).
• As it stands currently, the Mountain Hawks are No. 4 in the conference.
• The Mountain Hawks have a record of 3-5 for away games.
• Lehigh leads the series record, 9-0, since Loyola joined the Patriot League.
Scouting the Bison (12-12 overall, 6-6 Patriot League):
• The team ranks third in the conference with assists (12.82 AVG/s), service aces (1.41 AVG/s), digs (16.54 AVG/s), and is in second place in kills (13.78 AVG/s).
• Bucknell is currently ranked No. 6 in the Patriot League standings.
• The team leads the conference in blocks (2.47 AVG/s).
• Mimi Richards is No. 1 in the Patriot League in blocks (1.38 AVG/s).
• Brooke Stark is fourth in service aces (0.34 AVG/s).
• Bucknell has a winning record for matches played at home (7-2).
• The Bison lead the series, 7-2, since Loyola joined the Patriot League.
• The Greyhounds fell to Lehigh, 3-1, and Bucknell, 3-1, earlier this season.
• Lehigh and Bucknell were picked to finish No. 5 and No. 6, respectively, in the Patriot League preseason poll.
• The last time Loyola competed against these two teams was October 7 and October 8 in back-to-back matches like this weekend.
Loyola will host Lafayette on Tuesday Nov. 7 at 7 p.m. in Reitz Arena.