Volleyball Continues Play At Home Against Navy
|Date||Saturday, October 21, 2017|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
• Loyola sits 9-13 overall in the 2017 season, and is 3-6 in the Patriot League.
• Loyola went 3-6 on the road in tournaments this season.
• The Greyhounds hosted the Charm City Challenge and finished 2-1.
• Ann Ernst leads the team with 257 kills (3.42 k/s) and is currently ranked fourth in the Patriot League in kills as well as leading Loyola with 19 service aces.
• Ashley Kozer is on top of the team with 481 assists (5.80 Ast/set) and is ranked ninth in the Patriot League.
• Elena Scarano ranks 10th in the conference for digs with an average of 3.19 per set.
• Loyola has landed four spots on the Patriot League Player of the Week honorable mention list so far this season, while Ashley Kozer was named Rookie of the Week (Sept. 18 and Oct. 16), and Mackenzie Fedota was named Rookie of the Week (Oct. 8).
• Loyola faced tough opponents as the team played the top four ranked preseason Patriot League team favorites on the road to open conference play.
• Loyola’s match against Navy will be the third game of a stretch of six-straight matches at home.
Scouting the Midshipmen:
• Navy is 17-4 overall in the 2017 season and 7-1 in the Patriot League.
• Loyola will be the Mids third-straight match on the road.
• Navy leads the series versus Loyola, 9-0, since the Greyhounds joined the Patriot League.
• Patricia Mattingly is ranked second in the conference in assists with 692 (9.23 AVG/s).
• Maddi Sgattoni is second in the Patriot League in service aces with 28 (0.39 AVG/s).
• Katie Patrick is second in the conference with 93 blocks (1.24 AVG/s).
• Sydney Shearn ranks second with 274 digs (5.37 AVG/s) in the Patriot League.
• Navy is in the top Patriot League team statistics with hitting percentage (third), assists (second), kills (second), blocks (third), and digs (second).
Loyola hosts Army on Saturday, October 28 at 7 p.m. at Reitz Arena.
W. Volleyball | 5/16/2018
Seven Greyhound Teams Recognized By NCAA For Academic Success
W. Volleyball | 2/2/2018
Volleyball Ties For League-Lead In Academic Honor Roll Recipients
W. Volleyball | 11/11/2017
Holy Cross Defeats Volleyball In Final Match Of Season
W. Volleyball | 11/8/2017
Loyola Athletics Ranks Seventh In NCAA's Division I Graduation Rate
W. Volleyball | 11/07/2017
Strong Hitting Effort Leads Volleyball Past Leopards
W. Volleyball | 11/06/2017
Volleyball Closes The Season Against Lafayette And Holy Cross
W. Volleyball | 11/04/2017
Bucknell Rallies To Top Volleyball
W. Volleyball | 11/03/2017
Mountain Hawks Knock Off Volleyball Friday Night
W. Volleyball | 11/01/2017
Lehigh, Bucknell Up Next For Volleyball
W. Volleyball | 10/29/2017