Single Match At Rider This Weekend For Volleyball
Oct. 18, 2012
|Date||Saturday, October 20, 2012|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Location||Lawrenceville, N.J. | Alumni Gym|
- Coming off a stretch of six Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference matches in the span of 10 days, the Loyola University Maryland has just a single road contest coming up this weekend.
- The Greyhounds travel to Lawrenceville, N.J., when they’ll face Rider University on Saturday, October 20, at 1 o’clock.
A Look At The Competition
- Rider snapped a two-match losing skid on Wednesday evening when it defeated Saint Peter’s University in three sets. The Broncs are 10-10 overall this season, 4-7 in MAAC action.
- Loyola edged Rider in five sets to open the league schedule for both teams on September 7 in Baltimore.
- Loyola put together back-to-back wins for the first time during the month of October last weekend, defeating Marist College in five sets on Sunday afternoon before beating Saint Peter’s in three on Monday evening.
Top Of Her Game
- Junior middle blocker Jac Bullock shot to the top of the MAAC charts in hitting percentage with a stellar week of action against league competition.
- She logged career-highs in kills (22) and hitting percentage (.618) on Sunday afternoon as Loyola topped Marist. Her 22 kills came on just 34 attempts, and she had only one error. Her .618 hitting percentage is the best by a MAAC player this season, and her 22 kills are tied for eighth.
- Bullock has hit .509 (63-6-112) in Loyola’s last five matches to raise her hitting percentage to .350 this season, best in the league.
- She has posted 10 or more kills in each of the Greyhounds’ last 11 matches, and 17 of the team’s last 18.
- In MAAC action this season, Bullock has swung at a .374 clip, best in the MAAC by 21 percentage points. She is also sixth in kills per set (3.45) during the same time span.
A Boost From Maloney
- Prior to Loyola’s September 23 match at Niagara University, sophomore middle blocker Mindy Maloney had not logged more than nine kills in a match. That day, she broke out for 13 against the three-time defending MAAC Champion Purple Eagles.
- Since then, she has posted 10 or more kills in five of nine matches for the Greyhounds.
- Over the last nine matches, Maloney is hitting .353 with 82 kills, an average of 2.34 per set. She is also tops on the team during that stretch with 32 total blocks.
- Overall this season, Maloney is eighth in the conference in hitting percentage (.292).
Volleyball Closes 2015 Season With Loss To...
Molly Cichosz and Haley Puddy combined for 21 kills, but the U.S. Naval Academy defeated Loyola...
Volleyball Drops Three-Set Match At American...
The Loyola University Maryland volleyball team dropped a three-set match at American Friday night.
Volleyball Wraps Up Season With Weekend Matches
Loyola University Maryland volleyball wraps up its 2015 season this weekend with a pair of...
Colgate Tops Greyhounds Volleyball Sunday...
Colgate University had 11 service aces and accrued just six hitting errors Sunday afternoon,...
Early Lead Fades As Bucknell Beats Volleyball
Loyola University Maryland jumped out to an early first-set lead, but Bucknell University closed ...
Bucknell, Colgate Visit Reitz Arena For Volleyball
Loyola University Maryland volleyball will host Bucknell University and Colgate University in...
Holy Cross Rallies To Beat Volleyball
Loyola University Maryland volleyball had set-point in two sets, and late leads in all three,...
Strong Hitting Leads Army West Point Over...
The U.S. Military Academy posted 46 kills and hit .424 en route to a three-set win over Loyola...
There are no upcoming events.