Single Match At Rider This Weekend For Volleyball
Oct. 18, 2012
|Date||Saturday, October 20, 2012|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Location||Lawrenceville, N.J. | Alumni Gym|
- Coming off a stretch of six Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference matches in the span of 10 days, the Loyola University Maryland has just a single road contest coming up this weekend.
- The Greyhounds travel to Lawrenceville, N.J., when they’ll face Rider University on Saturday, October 20, at 1 o’clock.
A Look At The Competition
- Rider snapped a two-match losing skid on Wednesday evening when it defeated Saint Peter’s University in three sets. The Broncs are 10-10 overall this season, 4-7 in MAAC action.
- Loyola edged Rider in five sets to open the league schedule for both teams on September 7 in Baltimore.
- Loyola put together back-to-back wins for the first time during the month of October last weekend, defeating Marist College in five sets on Sunday afternoon before beating Saint Peter’s in three on Monday evening.
Top Of Her Game
- Junior middle blocker Jac Bullock shot to the top of the MAAC charts in hitting percentage with a stellar week of action against league competition.
- She logged career-highs in kills (22) and hitting percentage (.618) on Sunday afternoon as Loyola topped Marist. Her 22 kills came on just 34 attempts, and she had only one error. Her .618 hitting percentage is the best by a MAAC player this season, and her 22 kills are tied for eighth.
- Bullock has hit .509 (63-6-112) in Loyola’s last five matches to raise her hitting percentage to .350 this season, best in the league.
- She has posted 10 or more kills in each of the Greyhounds’ last 11 matches, and 17 of the team’s last 18.
- In MAAC action this season, Bullock has swung at a .374 clip, best in the MAAC by 21 percentage points. She is also sixth in kills per set (3.45) during the same time span.
A Boost From Maloney
- Prior to Loyola’s September 23 match at Niagara University, sophomore middle blocker Mindy Maloney had not logged more than nine kills in a match. That day, she broke out for 13 against the three-time defending MAAC Champion Purple Eagles.
- Since then, she has posted 10 or more kills in five of nine matches for the Greyhounds.
- Over the last nine matches, Maloney is hitting .353 with 82 kills, an average of 2.34 per set. She is also tops on the team during that stretch with 32 total blocks.
- Overall this season, Maloney is eighth in the conference in hitting percentage (.292).
Loyola Athletics Announces Volleyball Coaching ...
Loyola University Maryland announced today that Jake Lawrence, who has served as head volleyball ...
Volleyball Adds Three With National Letters of ...
The Loyola University Maryland volleyball team has signed three players - Alisah Cash, Haley...
Volleyball Season Wraps Up With Loss At Colgate
Mindy Maloney had six kills in her final collegiate match, as Loyola University Maryland...
Volleyball Drops Three-Set Match At Bucknell
The Loyola University Maryland volleyball team dropped a three-set match to Bucknell at Davis Gym...
Andersen, Maloney Celebrated On Volleyball...
Loyola University Maryland volleyball honors its seniors, Lauren Andersen and Mindy Maloney, in a...
Army Fends Off Volleyball In Friday Night Match
Molly Cichosz had 12 kills for Loyola University Maryland, and Mindy Maloney was in on three...
Senior Day Saturday As Volleyball Hosts Weekend...
Loyola University Maryland volleyball will honor its two seniors - Lauren Andersen and Mindy...
Volleyball Closes Weekend Road Trip With Loss...
Jane Lukas had a match-high 16 kills for Loyola University Maryland, but Lafayette College swept ...
Saturday, Aug 29 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE UMBC Moon Township, Pa. 11:00 AM Robert Morris Moon Township, Pa. 6:00 PM