Volleyball Hosts Navy Wednesday On Patriot League Network
Oct. 15, 2013
|Opponent||U.S. Naval Academy Midshipmen|
|Date||Wednesday, October 16, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Patriot League Network (Free Video)|
- Loyola University Maryland returns to Reitz Arena this week for the first of two-straight home games and the first of five in a row that will be played in the State of Maryland.
- The Greyhounds play a single game this week, hosting the U.S. Naval Academy at 7 o'clock on Wednesday, October 16.
Patriot League Network
- Friday's match against Navy will be broadcast on the Patriot League Network. Launched this August, the PLN is a network that includes live events from all 10 Patriot League schools, featuring free coverage of conference games. Selected volleyball matches will be carried throughout the season.
- To watch the action, log on to www.loyolgreyhounds.com/pln.
Success In The Second
- Loyola dropped both of its road Patriot League matches in four sets last weekend, falling on the road at Bucknell University and Colgate University.
- The Greyhounds, however had considerable success in the second sets of both matches, winning each.
- Loyola hit .433 in the second frame against Bucknell, putting down 16 kills with three errors in just 30 swings. Loyola also posted 13 digs while holding the Bison to just eight kills en route to a 25-16 set victory.
- In the match at Colgate, the Greyhounds posted just 11 kills while hitting .200 in the second set, but Loyola's serving and defense carried them to a 25-14 set win. The Greyhounds posted five aces, 14 digs and a pair of blocks in that set versus the Red Raiders.
Against the League
- In Loyola's seven Patriot League matches this season, the Greyhounds have continued to show a large statistical improvement over their play in non-conference matches earlier this year.
- The Greyhounds have hit at a .219 pace, nearly an 80 point improvement of their .142 mark during non-conference action, while they are holding opponents to a .217 clip, slightly down from .225 before Patriot League play started.
- Meanwhile, Loyola is averaging 12.0 kills per set, up from 10.64, and its blocks per set have risen from 1.60 to 1.72.
- The player who has shown the biggest offensive improvement is middle blocker Jac Bullock. She has posted 85 kills in conference play, 3.15 per match, as opposed to 2.64 against non-league opponents.
Bullock On The Block
- Senior middle blocker Jac Bullock posted seven total blocks in both games last weekend, matching her season-high.
- Loyola had its best back-to-back blocking efforts of the year. The Greyhounds' 12 total at Bucknell are their season-high, while 10 at Colgate are tied for second.
- The September 28 four-set victory at Lafayette College was Loyola's first-ever victory in Patriot League play, in any sport.
- Loyola joined the Patriot League as a full member on July 1, 2013, an the 2013-2014 academic year will be the Greyhounds' first in the conference.
Volleyball Wraps Up Season With Weekend Matches
Loyola University Maryland volleyball wraps up its 2015 season this weekend with a pair of...
Colgate Tops Greyhounds Volleyball Sunday...
Colgate University had 11 service aces and accrued just six hitting errors Sunday afternoon,...
Early Lead Fades As Bucknell Beats Volleyball
Loyola University Maryland jumped out to an early first-set lead, but Bucknell University closed ...
Bucknell, Colgate Visit Reitz Arena For Volleyball
Loyola University Maryland volleyball will host Bucknell University and Colgate University in...
Holy Cross Rallies To Beat Volleyball
Loyola University Maryland volleyball had set-point in two sets, and late leads in all three,...
Strong Hitting Leads Army West Point Over...
The U.S. Military Academy posted 46 kills and hit .424 en route to a three-set win over Loyola...
Army West Point, Holy Cross Host Volleyball In ...
The Loyola University Maryland volleyball team will travel to the U.S. Military Academy and...
Lehigh Outlasts Volleyball Saturday Afternoon
Loyola University Maryland opened up an early third-set lead and looked to elongate Saturday...
There are no upcoming events.