Bucknell, Colgate To Host Volleyball On Weekend Trip
Oct. 10, 2013
|Date||Friday, October 11, 2013|
|Location||Lewisburg, Pa. | Davis Gym|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
|Opponent||Colgate Red Raiders|
|Date||Saturday, October 12, 2013|
|Location||Hamilton, N.Y. | Cottrell Court|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
On The Road Again
- Loyola University Maryland hits the road for a pair of Patriot League matches this weekend, traveling north to face Bucknell University and Colgate University.
- The Greyhounds will stop in Lewisburg, Pa., for a 7 o’clock match on Friday, October 11, against the Bison before continuing to Hamilton, N.Y., for a 4 o’clock match on Saturday, October 12, at Colgate.
Split Last Weekend
- The Greyhounds engineered a split of last weekend’s matches after losing a tight, five-set match to the U.S. Military Academy on Friday night. Loyola rebounded to post a four-set win over College of the Holy Cross on Saturday afternoon.
- Faye Lukas (3.78) and Jac Bullock (3.44) combined to average 7.22 kills per set in the two matches, hitting at a combined .278 clip.
- Bullock was named tot he Patriot League weekly honor roll for the second time this year after posting 3.44 kills per set and a .413 hitting percentage.
Against the League
- In Loyola’s five Patriot League matches this season, the Greyhounds are hitting at a .254 percentage, an improvement of nearly 80 points over their overall mark of .175 this year.
- They are doing so while opponents posting 12.21 kills per set to their opponents’ 11.79. Loyola’s 12.21 per set are more than a kill better than its overall average of 11.13.
- Defensively, the Greyhounds have also been better, digging 13.37 balls per set as opposed to an average of 12.61.
High In Digs
- The Greyhounds posted 90 digs in the four-set win over Holy Cross last Saturday, their most this season. Freshman libero Micah Duzey led the way with a career-high 25, while Lauren Andersen had 16 and Faye Lukas, 13.
- The September 28 four-set victory at Lafayette College was Loyola’s first-ever victory in Patriot League play, in any sport.
- Loyola joined the Patriot League as a full member on July 1, 2013, an the 2013-2014 academic year will be the Greyhounds’ first in the conference.
- Against the Leopards, the Greyhounds hit .500 or better in three of the four sets and finished with a .421 hitting percentage, the best for a Loyola team in over 12 years.
- It was the first time, as well, in the last 12 years that Loyola has hit .400 or better in a match. The last time came on September 22, 2002, when the Greyhounds defeated Coppin State College in three. They hit .469 in the process with 49 kills and 11 errors in 81 attempts. Mary Hamsher hit .667 in that match, a school record for a player with 20 or more kills. She put 22 away with just two errors in 30 swings.
Volleyball Closes 2015 Season With Loss To...
Molly Cichosz and Haley Puddy combined for 21 kills, but the U.S. Naval Academy defeated Loyola...
Volleyball Drops Three-Set Match At American...
The Loyola University Maryland volleyball team dropped a three-set match at American Friday night.
Volleyball Wraps Up Season With Weekend Matches
Loyola University Maryland volleyball wraps up its 2015 season this weekend with a pair of...
Colgate Tops Greyhounds Volleyball Sunday...
Colgate University had 11 service aces and accrued just six hitting errors Sunday afternoon,...
Early Lead Fades As Bucknell Beats Volleyball
Loyola University Maryland jumped out to an early first-set lead, but Bucknell University closed ...
Bucknell, Colgate Visit Reitz Arena For Volleyball
Loyola University Maryland volleyball will host Bucknell University and Colgate University in...
Holy Cross Rallies To Beat Volleyball
Loyola University Maryland volleyball had set-point in two sets, and late leads in all three,...
Strong Hitting Leads Army West Point Over...
The U.S. Military Academy posted 46 kills and hit .424 en route to a three-set win over Loyola...
There are no upcoming events.