Bucknell, Colgate To Host Volleyball On Weekend Trip
Oct. 10, 2013
|Date||Friday, October 11, 2013|
|Location||Lewisburg, Pa. | Davis Gym|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
|Opponent||Colgate Red Raiders|
|Date||Saturday, October 12, 2013|
|Location||Hamilton, N.Y. | Cottrell Court|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
On The Road Again
- Loyola University Maryland hits the road for a pair of Patriot League matches this weekend, traveling north to face Bucknell University and Colgate University.
- The Greyhounds will stop in Lewisburg, Pa., for a 7 o’clock match on Friday, October 11, against the Bison before continuing to Hamilton, N.Y., for a 4 o’clock match on Saturday, October 12, at Colgate.
Split Last Weekend
- The Greyhounds engineered a split of last weekend’s matches after losing a tight, five-set match to the U.S. Military Academy on Friday night. Loyola rebounded to post a four-set win over College of the Holy Cross on Saturday afternoon.
- Faye Lukas (3.78) and Jac Bullock (3.44) combined to average 7.22 kills per set in the two matches, hitting at a combined .278 clip.
- Bullock was named tot he Patriot League weekly honor roll for the second time this year after posting 3.44 kills per set and a .413 hitting percentage.
Against the League
- In Loyola’s five Patriot League matches this season, the Greyhounds are hitting at a .254 percentage, an improvement of nearly 80 points over their overall mark of .175 this year.
- They are doing so while opponents posting 12.21 kills per set to their opponents’ 11.79. Loyola’s 12.21 per set are more than a kill better than its overall average of 11.13.
- Defensively, the Greyhounds have also been better, digging 13.37 balls per set as opposed to an average of 12.61.
High In Digs
- The Greyhounds posted 90 digs in the four-set win over Holy Cross last Saturday, their most this season. Freshman libero Micah Duzey led the way with a career-high 25, while Lauren Andersen had 16 and Faye Lukas, 13.
- The September 28 four-set victory at Lafayette College was Loyola’s first-ever victory in Patriot League play, in any sport.
- Loyola joined the Patriot League as a full member on July 1, 2013, an the 2013-2014 academic year will be the Greyhounds’ first in the conference.
- Against the Leopards, the Greyhounds hit .500 or better in three of the four sets and finished with a .421 hitting percentage, the best for a Loyola team in over 12 years.
- It was the first time, as well, in the last 12 years that Loyola has hit .400 or better in a match. The last time came on September 22, 2002, when the Greyhounds defeated Coppin State College in three. They hit .469 in the process with 49 kills and 11 errors in 81 attempts. Mary Hamsher hit .667 in that match, a school record for a player with 20 or more kills. She put 22 away with just two errors in 30 swings.
Loyola Athletics Announces Volleyball Coaching ...
Loyola University Maryland announced today that Jake Lawrence, who has served as head volleyball ...
Volleyball Adds Three With National Letters of ...
The Loyola University Maryland volleyball team has signed three players - Alisah Cash, Haley...
Volleyball Season Wraps Up With Loss At Colgate
Mindy Maloney had six kills in her final collegiate match, as Loyola University Maryland...
Volleyball Drops Three-Set Match At Bucknell
The Loyola University Maryland volleyball team dropped a three-set match to Bucknell at Davis Gym...
Andersen, Maloney Celebrated On Volleyball...
Loyola University Maryland volleyball honors its seniors, Lauren Andersen and Mindy Maloney, in a...
Army Fends Off Volleyball In Friday Night Match
Molly Cichosz had 12 kills for Loyola University Maryland, and Mindy Maloney was in on three...
Senior Day Saturday As Volleyball Hosts Weekend...
Loyola University Maryland volleyball will honor its two seniors - Lauren Andersen and Mindy...
Volleyball Closes Weekend Road Trip With Loss...
Jane Lukas had a match-high 16 kills for Loyola University Maryland, but Lafayette College swept ...