Volleyball Hosts Army Tonight, Makes Patriot League Network Debut
Oct. 1, 2013
|Date||Wednesday, October 2, 2013|
|Location||Washington, D.C. | Bender Arena|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Opponent||Army Black Knights|
|Date||Friday, October 4, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Free Video (Patriot League Network)|
|Opponent||Holy Cross Crusaders|
|Date||Saturday, October 5, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
Three Times The Fun
- Loyola University Maryland will play a trio of Patriot League matches this week, traveling to Washington, D.C., for the first. The Greyhounds will face American University on Wednesday, October 2, at 7 p.m., the first of three midweek games over the course this month.
- The Greyhounds then host their first-ever Patriot League matches over the weekend when the U.S. Military Academy visits on Friday night at 7 o'clock in Reitz Arena. A 2 o'clock contest on Saturday afternoon versus College of the Holy Cross wraps up the week of play.
Patriot League Network
- Friday's match against Army will be the first Greyhounds' first on the Patriot League Network. Launched this August, the PLN is a network that includes live events from all 10 Patriot League schools, featuring free coverage of conference games. Selected volleyball matches will be carried throughout the season.
- To watch the action, log on to www.loyolgreyhounds.com/pln.
- Saturday's four-set victory at Lafayette College was Loyola's first-ever victory in Patriot League play, in any sport.
- Loyola joined the Patriot League as a full member on July 1, 2013, an the 2013-2014 academic year will be the Greyhounds' first in the conference.
- Against the Leopards, the Greyhounds hit .500 or better in three of the four sets and finished with a .421 hitting percentage, the best for a Loyola team in over 12 years.
- It was the first time, as well, in the last 12 years that Loyola has hit .400 or better in a match. The last time came on September 22, 2002, when the Greyhounds defeated Coppin State College in three. They hit .469 in the process with 49 kills and 11 errors in 81 attempts. Mary Hamsher hit .667 in that match, a school record for a player with 20 or more kills. She put 22 away with just two errors in 30 swings.
Setting It Up
- Junior setter Lauren Andersen directed the offensive outburst against the Leopards, finishing three kills shy of a triple-double with seven kills, 48 assists and 12 digs.
- Andersen's 48 assists tied her career-high in a four-set match, and her seven kills were an overall career-best.
- After the match against Lafayette, the Greyhounds enjoyed a meal at the nearby home of sisters Faye and Jane Lukas.
- The sisters both had outstanding matches while playing about five miles from their hometown of Stockertown, Pa. Faye (.325) had 14 kills, while, and Jane Lukas posted nine kills and a .353 mark.
Army West Point, Holy Cross Visit Reitz For...
Loyola University Maryland volleyball will host a pair of matches this weekend as the U.S....
Lafayette Gets Past Volleyball In Three
Lafayette College pulled away at the end of each set in an otherwise tight contest, defeating...
Mountain Hawks Defeat Volleyball In Patriot...
Haley Puddy hit .500 and had 11 kills for Loyola University Maryland, but Lehigh University held ...
Patriot League Play Commences In Lehigh Valley ...
The Loyola University Maryland volleyball team will open its third season of play in the Patriot ...
George Washington Holds Off Volleyball In Four-...
Loyola University Maryland hit .226 in its regular-season non-conference finale Tuesday night,...
George Washington Hosts Volleyball Tuesday Night
Loyola University Maryland volleyball will play its final regular-season non-conference match of ...
Bears Rally To Escape Volleyball At Delaware...
Morgan State University rallied from a first-set loss Saturday at the Delaware Invitational to...
Blue Hens, Pioneers Top Volleyball On Delaware ...
Loyola University Maryland volleyball lost a pair of matches Friday on the first day of the...
Friday, Oct 9 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Bucknell Lewisburg, Pa. L, 3-0 Live Stats Video
Saturday, Oct 10 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Colgate Hamilton, N.Y. 4:00 PM Live Stats Video
Wednesday, Oct 14 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE American Reitz Arena 7:00 PM Video Friday, Oct 16 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Annapolis, Md. 7:00 PM Naval Academy Access & Parking
Friday, Oct 23 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lafayette Reitz Arena 7:00 PM Saturday, Oct 24 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lehigh Reitz Arena 2:00 PM