Volleyball Hosts Army Tonight, Makes Patriot League Network Debut
Oct. 1, 2013
|Date||Wednesday, October 2, 2013|
|Location||Washington, D.C. | Bender Arena|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Opponent||Army Black Knights|
|Date||Friday, October 4, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Free Video (Patriot League Network)|
|Opponent||Holy Cross Crusaders|
|Date||Saturday, October 5, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
Three Times The Fun
- Loyola University Maryland will play a trio of Patriot League matches this week, traveling to Washington, D.C., for the first. The Greyhounds will face American University on Wednesday, October 2, at 7 p.m., the first of three midweek games over the course this month.
- The Greyhounds then host their first-ever Patriot League matches over the weekend when the U.S. Military Academy visits on Friday night at 7 o'clock in Reitz Arena. A 2 o'clock contest on Saturday afternoon versus College of the Holy Cross wraps up the week of play.
Patriot League Network
- Friday's match against Army will be the first Greyhounds' first on the Patriot League Network. Launched this August, the PLN is a network that includes live events from all 10 Patriot League schools, featuring free coverage of conference games. Selected volleyball matches will be carried throughout the season.
- To watch the action, log on to www.loyolgreyhounds.com/pln.
- Saturday's four-set victory at Lafayette College was Loyola's first-ever victory in Patriot League play, in any sport.
- Loyola joined the Patriot League as a full member on July 1, 2013, an the 2013-2014 academic year will be the Greyhounds' first in the conference.
- Against the Leopards, the Greyhounds hit .500 or better in three of the four sets and finished with a .421 hitting percentage, the best for a Loyola team in over 12 years.
- It was the first time, as well, in the last 12 years that Loyola has hit .400 or better in a match. The last time came on September 22, 2002, when the Greyhounds defeated Coppin State College in three. They hit .469 in the process with 49 kills and 11 errors in 81 attempts. Mary Hamsher hit .667 in that match, a school record for a player with 20 or more kills. She put 22 away with just two errors in 30 swings.
Setting It Up
- Junior setter Lauren Andersen directed the offensive outburst against the Leopards, finishing three kills shy of a triple-double with seven kills, 48 assists and 12 digs.
- Andersen's 48 assists tied her career-high in a four-set match, and her seven kills were an overall career-best.
- After the match against Lafayette, the Greyhounds enjoyed a meal at the nearby home of sisters Faye and Jane Lukas.
- The sisters both had outstanding matches while playing about five miles from their hometown of Stockertown, Pa. Faye (.325) had 14 kills, while, and Jane Lukas posted nine kills and a .353 mark.
Balanced Bryant Downs Volleyball Saturday Morning
Five Bryant University players had five or more kills, and three posted 10-plus digs, as the...
Hampton Outlasts Volleyball To Open Mason...
Stacey Kazalas had a career-high 18 kills as one of three Loyola University Maryland players with...
Tournament Play Wraps Up This Weekend For...
Loyola University Maryland volleyball plays its final tournament of the regular-season this...
Strong Hitting Leads Howard Over Volleyball
Howard University hit .478, and the Bison defeated Loyola University Maryland volleyball in three...
Midweek Match Takes Volleyball To D.C. To Face ...
Loyola University Maryland volleyball will play its final midweek match of the 2016 season on...
Yale Defeats Volleyball In Dog Pound Challenge ...
Haley Puddy hit a season-best .500, but Yale University held the rest of Loyola University...
Volleyball Topples Terriers In Friday Night Affair
Loyola University Maryland volleyball the last 13 points of Friday night's match against Saint...
Connecticut Downs Volleyball In Dog Pound...
The University of Connecticut hit .361 and sided out at an 83 percent success rate to defeat...
Friday, Sept 30 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Holy Cross Worcester, Mass. 7:00 PM Video
Saturday, Oct 1 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Army West Point West Point, N.Y. 4:00 PM Live Stats Saturday, Oct 8 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Bucknell Reitz Arena 2:00 PM Sunday, Oct 9 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Colgate Reitz Arena 2:00 PM Friday, Oct 14 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE American Reitz Arena 7:00 PM Saturday, Oct 15 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Annapolis, Md. 4:00 PM