Volleyball Hosts Army Tonight, Makes Patriot League Network Debut
Oct. 1, 2013
|Date||Wednesday, October 2, 2013|
|Location||Washington, D.C. | Bender Arena|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Opponent||Army Black Knights|
|Date||Friday, October 4, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Free Video (Patriot League Network)|
|Opponent||Holy Cross Crusaders|
|Date||Saturday, October 5, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
Three Times The Fun
- Loyola University Maryland will play a trio of Patriot League matches this week, traveling to Washington, D.C., for the first. The Greyhounds will face American University on Wednesday, October 2, at 7 p.m., the first of three midweek games over the course this month.
- The Greyhounds then host their first-ever Patriot League matches over the weekend when the U.S. Military Academy visits on Friday night at 7 o'clock in Reitz Arena. A 2 o'clock contest on Saturday afternoon versus College of the Holy Cross wraps up the week of play.
Patriot League Network
- Friday's match against Army will be the first Greyhounds' first on the Patriot League Network. Launched this August, the PLN is a network that includes live events from all 10 Patriot League schools, featuring free coverage of conference games. Selected volleyball matches will be carried throughout the season.
- To watch the action, log on to www.loyolgreyhounds.com/pln.
- Saturday's four-set victory at Lafayette College was Loyola's first-ever victory in Patriot League play, in any sport.
- Loyola joined the Patriot League as a full member on July 1, 2013, an the 2013-2014 academic year will be the Greyhounds' first in the conference.
- Against the Leopards, the Greyhounds hit .500 or better in three of the four sets and finished with a .421 hitting percentage, the best for a Loyola team in over 12 years.
- It was the first time, as well, in the last 12 years that Loyola has hit .400 or better in a match. The last time came on September 22, 2002, when the Greyhounds defeated Coppin State College in three. They hit .469 in the process with 49 kills and 11 errors in 81 attempts. Mary Hamsher hit .667 in that match, a school record for a player with 20 or more kills. She put 22 away with just two errors in 30 swings.
Setting It Up
- Junior setter Lauren Andersen directed the offensive outburst against the Leopards, finishing three kills shy of a triple-double with seven kills, 48 assists and 12 digs.
- Andersen's 48 assists tied her career-high in a four-set match, and her seven kills were an overall career-best.
- After the match against Lafayette, the Greyhounds enjoyed a meal at the nearby home of sisters Faye and Jane Lukas.
- The sisters both had outstanding matches while playing about five miles from their hometown of Stockertown, Pa. Faye (.325) had 14 kills, while, and Jane Lukas posted nine kills and a .353 mark.
Early Lead Fades As Bucknell Beats Volleyball
Loyola University Maryland jumped out to an early first-set lead, but Bucknell University closed ...
Bucknell, Colgate Visit Reitz Arena For Volleyball
Loyola University Maryland volleyball will host Bucknell University and Colgate University in...
Holy Cross Rallies To Beat Volleyball
Loyola University Maryland volleyball had set-point in two sets, and late leads in all three,...
Strong Hitting Leads Army West Point Over...
The U.S. Military Academy posted 46 kills and hit .424 en route to a three-set win over Loyola...
Army West Point, Holy Cross Host Volleyball In ...
The Loyola University Maryland volleyball team will travel to the U.S. Military Academy and...
Lehigh Outlasts Volleyball Saturday Afternoon
Loyola University Maryland opened up an early third-set lead and looked to elongate Saturday...
Werts, McShea Record Double-Doubles But...
Molly Werts and Kelly McShea led the Loyola University Maryland volleyball team with a pair of...
Lafayette, Lehigh Visit Reitz Arena For Weekend...
The Loyola University Maryland volleyball team will host a pair of games this weekend when...
There are no upcoming events.