Volleyball Travels To New York To Face Army And Colgate This Weekend
|Opponent||Army Black Knights|
|Date||Friday, September 29, 2017|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
|Location||West Point, N.Y. | Gillis Field House|
|Date||Saturday, September 30, 2017|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Location||Hamilton, N.Y. | Cotterell Court|
• Loyola sits 6-9 overall in the 2017 season.
• The team is 0-2 in the Patriot League.
• The Greyhounds were downed, 3-0, in the Springhill Suites Mayfaire Invitational to open the 2017 season.
• Loyola lost in a close match to La Salle, 3-2, but defeated Akron, 3-1, and Tennessee Tech, 3-1, at the Akron Invitational.
• The Greyhounds hosted the Charm City Challenge and finished 2-1.
• The George Mason Classic resulted in 1-2 for Loyola.
• Ann Ernst leads the team with 198 kills (3.54 k/s) and is currently ranked fourth in the Patriot League in kills.
• Molly Werts is top of the team with 278 assists (4.96 Ast/set).
• Corri Waters has earned a hitting percentage of .300 and is currently in the lead for the Greyhounds.
• Loyola has landed three spots on the Patriot League Player of the Week list so far this season.
• The Greyhounds are off to their best start to the season since 2012.
• Loyola faces tough opponents as the team plays the top four ranked preseason Patriot League team favorites on the road to open conference play.
Scouting the Black Knights:
• Army sits 9-6 overall in the 2017 season.
• The team is 2-0 in the Patriot League with wins over Bucknell, 3-0, and Lafayette, 3-0.
• Both the Black Knights and the Greyhounds played Akron this season and both teams won: Army (3-0) and Loyola (3-1).
• Senior Amber Clay leads the team in kills with 155 (3.30 k/set).
• Army has three members in the top-10 in hitting percentage in the Patriot League with senior Carolyn Bockrath (first), Vanessa Wesley (fourth) and Rachel Gearon (fifth).
• Freshman setter Ana Oglivie leads the Black Knights and the Patriot League in a service aces with 20 (0.43 SA/set) and the Black Knights in digs with 155 (3.37 DIG/set).
• Army is top of the rankings in Patriot League service aces with an average of 1.63 per set.
• The team only lost one player due to graduation after the 2016-2017 season, so they have a roster of well-seasoned competitors.
• The Black Knights were ranked second in the conference in the preseason Patriot League poll.
• Since joining the Patriot League, Loyola has beaten Army once, 3-2, in 2013.
Scouting the Raiders:
• Colgate is 9-5 overall in the 2017 season.
• The team is 0-2 in the Patriot League with losses to Lehigh, 3-0, and Bucknell, 3-1.
• Loyola fell to La Salle, 3-2, while Colgate beat the Explorers, 3-0.
• The Raiders lead the conference in assists, averaging 13.46 per set, and kills with 14.38 per set on average.
• Senior Lauren Sanderson is in the top spot in the Patriot League with 540 assists (11.25 AVG/set).
• Alli Lowe sits second in the conference rankings and top of Colgate with 172 kills (3.58 k/sets).
• Defensively, junior Peighton McRobie has racked up 204 digs.
• Colgate was ranked behind Army in the third spot for Patriot League preseason favorite.
• The Raiders will face Navy the night before their match against Loyola.
• Since Loyola joined the Patriot League, Colgate leads the series, 8-0.
Loyola travels to Bethlehem, Pa. to face Lehigh on Saturday, Oct. 7, 2017 at 5 p.m.