Volleyball Travels To New York To Face Army And Colgate This Weekend
|Opponent||Army Black Knights|
|Date||Friday, September 29, 2017|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
|Location||West Point, N.Y. | Gillis Field House|
|Date||Saturday, September 30, 2017|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Location||Hamilton, N.Y. | Cotterell Court|
• Loyola sits 6-9 overall in the 2017 season.
• The team is 0-2 in the Patriot League.
• The Greyhounds were downed, 3-0, in the Springhill Suites Mayfaire Invitational to open the 2017 season.
• Loyola lost in a close match to La Salle, 3-2, but defeated Akron, 3-1, and Tennessee Tech, 3-1, at the Akron Invitational.
• The Greyhounds hosted the Charm City Challenge and finished 2-1.
• The George Mason Classic resulted in 1-2 for Loyola.
• Ann Ernst leads the team with 198 kills (3.54 k/s) and is currently ranked fourth in the Patriot League in kills.
• Molly Werts is top of the team with 278 assists (4.96 Ast/set).
• Corri Waters has earned a hitting percentage of .300 and is currently in the lead for the Greyhounds.
• Loyola has landed three spots on the Patriot League Player of the Week list so far this season.
• The Greyhounds are off to their best start to the season since 2012.
• Loyola faces tough opponents as the team plays the top four ranked preseason Patriot League team favorites on the road to open conference play.
Scouting the Black Knights:
• Army sits 9-6 overall in the 2017 season.
• The team is 2-0 in the Patriot League with wins over Bucknell, 3-0, and Lafayette, 3-0.
• Both the Black Knights and the Greyhounds played Akron this season and both teams won: Army (3-0) and Loyola (3-1).
• Senior Amber Clay leads the team in kills with 155 (3.30 k/set).
• Army has three members in the top-10 in hitting percentage in the Patriot League with senior Carolyn Bockrath (first), Vanessa Wesley (fourth) and Rachel Gearon (fifth).
• Freshman setter Ana Oglivie leads the Black Knights and the Patriot League in a service aces with 20 (0.43 SA/set) and the Black Knights in digs with 155 (3.37 DIG/set).
• Army is top of the rankings in Patriot League service aces with an average of 1.63 per set.
• The team only lost one player due to graduation after the 2016-2017 season, so they have a roster of well-seasoned competitors.
• The Black Knights were ranked second in the conference in the preseason Patriot League poll.
• Since joining the Patriot League, Loyola has beaten Army once, 3-2, in 2013.
Scouting the Raiders:
• Colgate is 9-5 overall in the 2017 season.
• The team is 0-2 in the Patriot League with losses to Lehigh, 3-0, and Bucknell, 3-1.
• Loyola fell to La Salle, 3-2, while Colgate beat the Explorers, 3-0.
• The Raiders lead the conference in assists, averaging 13.46 per set, and kills with 14.38 per set on average.
• Senior Lauren Sanderson is in the top spot in the Patriot League with 540 assists (11.25 AVG/set).
• Alli Lowe sits second in the conference rankings and top of Colgate with 172 kills (3.58 k/sets).
• Defensively, junior Peighton McRobie has racked up 204 digs.
• Colgate was ranked behind Army in the third spot for Patriot League preseason favorite.
• The Raiders will face Navy the night before their match against Loyola.
• Since Loyola joined the Patriot League, Colgate leads the series, 8-0.
Loyola travels to Bethlehem, Pa. to face Lehigh on Saturday, Oct. 7, 2017 at 5 p.m.
Leopards Hold Off Volleyball In Four
Haley Puddy hit .407 and was one off her career-high with 16 kills, but Lafayette\ defeated the...
Fedota Earns Patriot League Rookie of The Week ...
Mackenzie Fedota was named Patriot League Rookie of the Week on Monday after hitting .359 with 18...
Jarvis Posts Career-High, But Bucknell Nips...
Molly Jarvis had a career-high 15 kills Sunday afternoon, but Bucknell outlasted the Loyola...
Volleyball Takes Third Set, But Lehigh Wins...
Haley Puddy had 14 kills to lead Loyola volleyball, but the Greyhounds fell in four at Lehigh on ...
Volleyball Plays Three Games In Four Days To...
Loyola University Maryland volleyball is on the road to face Lehigh on Saturday before returning...
Volleyball Outlasts Colgate In Five To Complete...
Loyola women’s volleyball held off host Colgate, 9-25, 25-22, 25-17, 19-25, 15-11, on...
Balanced Attack Leads Volleyball Past Army West...
Loyola deployed a balanced offensive attack, as five players had seven or more kills, to beat the...
Volleyball Travels To New York To Face Army And...
Loyola women's volleyball faces tough Patriot League competitors, Army and Colgate, this Friday...