Patriot League Action Commences Friday For Volleyball
Sept. 25, 2013
|Opponent||Lehigh Mountain Hawks|
|Date||Friday, September 27, 2013|
|Location||Bethlehem, Pa. | Leeman-Turner Arena at Grace Hall|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
|Date||Saturday, September 28, 2013|
|Location||Easton, Pa. | Kirby Sports Center|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
Patriot League Play
- Loyola University Maryland volleyball commences its inaugural season in the Patriot League this weekend with a pair of matches in the Lehigh Valley where it will play the first of 16 conference contests.
- Lehigh University hosts the Greyhounds on Friday, September 27, at 7 p.m. in Leeman-Turner Arena, and Lafayette College meets Loyola the following afternoon at 2 o’clock in the Leopards’ Kirby Sports Center.
- Loyola is one of three Patriot League teams – along with American University and Colgate University – to start conference action this weekend. The other six schools started League play with at least one match last weekend.
Look Back At Tucson
- The Greyhounds traveled to the Sonoran Desert last weekend for a trio of games in the University of Arizona Wildcat Classic. Loyola lost a pair of three-set matches to the host Wildcats and UC Santa Barbara before sweeping Wofford College.
- Faye Lukas and Simone Reid earned All-Tournament honors at the evnet; Reid had six kills and hit .400 in the victory, while Lukas posted a match-high 13 kills.
High Numbers In Last Six
- Statistics from the last six matches, versus the Greyhounds’ first six of the year, show a big difference in the play of senior outside hitter Faye Lukas.
- In Loyola’s first six, Lukas posted 54 kills, an average of 2.35 over 23 sets played. Since then, however, she has 60 kills in just 12 sets, an average of 5.00.
- She also has raised her hitting percentage by .181 over the last six matches. She hit at a .058 clip the first six matches of the year, but since then, she is hitting .239 mark.
Equaling Career Totals
- After seeing scattered playing time throughout the first three years of her Loyola career, Simone Reid has already eclipsed her previous career totals with her stats this season. She entered the year with 54 career kills, but she has averaged 1.57 per set this season for a total of 55.
- Reid has also put up 21 blocks from the outside in 35 matches; her previous high for a season was 16 as a sophomore in 2011.
Inaugural Patriot League Season
- Loyola joined the Patriot League as a full member on July 1, 2013, an the 2013-2014 academic year will be the Greyhounds’ first in the conference.
- In volleyball, the Greyhounds will compete eight other Patriot League teams (fellow new member Boston University does not sponsor the sport).
- Loyola was picked to finish sixth in the 2013 Patriot League Preseason Poll. American University, which won 10 League titles from 2001-2011, was picked first, followed by the U.S. Military Academy and 2012 champion Colgate University in second and third. Lehigh University and the U.S. Naval Academy rounded out the top five, followed by Loyola, Bucknell University, College of the Holy Cross and Lafayette College.
Balanced Bryant Downs Volleyball Saturday Morning
Five Bryant University players had five or more kills, and three posted 10-plus digs, as the...
Hampton Outlasts Volleyball To Open Mason...
Stacey Kazalas had a career-high 18 kills as one of three Loyola University Maryland players with...
Tournament Play Wraps Up This Weekend For...
Loyola University Maryland volleyball plays its final tournament of the regular-season this...
Strong Hitting Leads Howard Over Volleyball
Howard University hit .478, and the Bison defeated Loyola University Maryland volleyball in three...
Midweek Match Takes Volleyball To D.C. To Face ...
Loyola University Maryland volleyball will play its final midweek match of the 2016 season on...
Yale Defeats Volleyball In Dog Pound Challenge ...
Haley Puddy hit a season-best .500, but Yale University held the rest of Loyola University...
Volleyball Topples Terriers In Friday Night Affair
Loyola University Maryland volleyball the last 13 points of Friday night's match against Saint...
Connecticut Downs Volleyball In Dog Pound...
The University of Connecticut hit .361 and sided out at an 83 percent success rate to defeat...
Friday, Sept 30 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Holy Cross Worcester, Mass. 7:00 PM Video
Saturday, Oct 1 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Army West Point West Point, N.Y. 4:00 PM Live Stats Saturday, Oct 8 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Bucknell Reitz Arena 2:00 PM Sunday, Oct 9 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Colgate Reitz Arena 2:00 PM Friday, Oct 14 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE American Reitz Arena 7:00 PM Saturday, Oct 15 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Annapolis, Md. 4:00 PM