Patriot League Action Commences Friday For Volleyball
Sept. 25, 2013
|Opponent||Lehigh Mountain Hawks|
|Date||Friday, September 27, 2013|
|Location||Bethlehem, Pa. | Leeman-Turner Arena at Grace Hall|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
|Date||Saturday, September 28, 2013|
|Location||Easton, Pa. | Kirby Sports Center|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
Patriot League Play
- Loyola University Maryland volleyball commences its inaugural season in the Patriot League this weekend with a pair of matches in the Lehigh Valley where it will play the first of 16 conference contests.
- Lehigh University hosts the Greyhounds on Friday, September 27, at 7 p.m. in Leeman-Turner Arena, and Lafayette College meets Loyola the following afternoon at 2 o’clock in the Leopards’ Kirby Sports Center.
- Loyola is one of three Patriot League teams – along with American University and Colgate University – to start conference action this weekend. The other six schools started League play with at least one match last weekend.
Look Back At Tucson
- The Greyhounds traveled to the Sonoran Desert last weekend for a trio of games in the University of Arizona Wildcat Classic. Loyola lost a pair of three-set matches to the host Wildcats and UC Santa Barbara before sweeping Wofford College.
- Faye Lukas and Simone Reid earned All-Tournament honors at the evnet; Reid had six kills and hit .400 in the victory, while Lukas posted a match-high 13 kills.
High Numbers In Last Six
- Statistics from the last six matches, versus the Greyhounds’ first six of the year, show a big difference in the play of senior outside hitter Faye Lukas.
- In Loyola’s first six, Lukas posted 54 kills, an average of 2.35 over 23 sets played. Since then, however, she has 60 kills in just 12 sets, an average of 5.00.
- She also has raised her hitting percentage by .181 over the last six matches. She hit at a .058 clip the first six matches of the year, but since then, she is hitting .239 mark.
Equaling Career Totals
- After seeing scattered playing time throughout the first three years of her Loyola career, Simone Reid has already eclipsed her previous career totals with her stats this season. She entered the year with 54 career kills, but she has averaged 1.57 per set this season for a total of 55.
- Reid has also put up 21 blocks from the outside in 35 matches; her previous high for a season was 16 as a sophomore in 2011.
Inaugural Patriot League Season
- Loyola joined the Patriot League as a full member on July 1, 2013, an the 2013-2014 academic year will be the Greyhounds’ first in the conference.
- In volleyball, the Greyhounds will compete eight other Patriot League teams (fellow new member Boston University does not sponsor the sport).
- Loyola was picked to finish sixth in the 2013 Patriot League Preseason Poll. American University, which won 10 League titles from 2001-2011, was picked first, followed by the U.S. Military Academy and 2012 champion Colgate University in second and third. Lehigh University and the U.S. Naval Academy rounded out the top five, followed by Loyola, Bucknell University, College of the Holy Cross and Lafayette College.
Volleyball Drops Two Four-Set Matches On...
Stacey Kazalas had 25 kills in two four-set matches, but Loyola University Maryland lost to both ...
Volleyball Opens Season Saturday At Robert...
Loyola University Maryland volleyball will open its 2015 season this weekend at the Robert Morris...
Volleyball Announces 2015 Schedule
Loyola University Maryland volleyball will open the 2015 season on Aug. 29 at the Robert Morris...
62 Students Named To Fall Patriot League Honor ...
Loyola University Maryland had 62 student-athletes named to the Patriot League Academic Honor...
Pittenger Named Loyola University Maryland's...
Alija Pittenger, a veteran college coach who has guided two teams to the NCAA Tournament, has...
Women In Sports Day Set For January 31
Loyola University Maryland will host a celebration of women and their contributions to, and...
Loyola Athletics Announces Volleyball Coaching ...
Loyola University Maryland announced today that Jake Lawrence, who has served as head volleyball ...
Volleyball Adds Three With National Letters of ...
The Loyola University Maryland volleyball team has signed three players - Alisah Cash, Haley...
Friday, Sept 4 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Georgia State High Point, N.C. 12:30 PM Live Stats High Point High Point, N.C. 5:00 PM Live Stats | Video
Saturday, Sept 5 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE South Carolina State High Point, N.C. 1:00 PM Live Stats Tuesday, Sept 8 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Saint Francis (Pa.) Reitz Arena 7:00 PM Friday, Sept 11 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Manhattan Princess Anne, Md. 4:00 PM Saturday, Sept 12 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Maryland Eastern Shore Princess Anne, Md. 12:00 PM