Coppin State Closes Non-Conference Slate For Volleyball Wednesday
Sept. 11, 2012
|Marriott Greyhound Classic Information|
|Opponent||Coppin State Eagles|
|Date||Wednesday, September 12, 2012|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
- Loyola University Maryland will host its only match of the week on Wednesday, September 12, when Coppin State University comes to Reitz Arena for a 7 o’clock match. The contest will be Loyola’s final non-conference tilt of the regular-season before the Greyhounds embark on Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference play on Saturday, September 22, at Canisius College.
A Look At The Competition
- Coppin State brings a 2-5 record to Reitz Arena and will be playing its first match since September 1. The Eagles hosted the Coppin State Invitational August 31-September 1, and defeated North Carolina A&T and Bryant, wrapped around a loss to Chicago State.
- The Eagles are led by first-year head coach Ashley Preston who was an assistant coach at Loyola in 2010.
- Loyola won the inaugural Marriott Greyhound Challenge last weekend, going 3-0 with wins over Rider University, Charleston Southern University and Morgan State University.
- The Greyhounds hit .247 in the tournament with three players – Faye Lukas (4.17), Jac Bullock (3.42) and Katie Dircks (2.67) – averaging more than 2.5 kills per set.
Lukas Named Most Valuable Player At Tournament
- For the third time in as many weeks, Faye Lukas earned All-Tournament honors, this time picking up Most Valuable Player honors in the process at the Marriott Greyhound Challenge. She led all players at the tournament with a 50 kills in three matches, an average of 4.17 per set.
- Lukas, who is tops on the team with 3.69 kills per set through 11 matches this season, was second on the team in the tournament with nine blocks and five service aces.
- Kara Schiffer set a career-high twice in as many games during the tournament, registering 25 digs in Friday night’s MAAC opening win over RIder. She quickly topped that by posting an even 30 Saturday morning versus Charleston Southern.
- The last player to reach 30 digs was current Greyhound Janet Pressler who hit the mark on September 17, 2011, against Siena.
Setting It Up
- Lauren Andersen earned Marriott Greyhound Challenge All-Tournament honors along with Lukas and Schiffer after leading all players at the event with 133 assists, an average of 11.08 per set.
- Andersen also hit .414 and had 15 kills during the tournament with a career-best seven coming in the four-set win over Charleston Southern.
Mountain Hawks Defeat Volleyball In Patriot...
Haley Puddy hit .500 and had 11 kills for Loyola University Maryland, but Lehigh University held ...
Patriot League Play Commences In Lehigh Valley ...
The Loyola University Maryland volleyball team will open its third season of play in the Patriot ...
George Washington Holds Off Volleyball In Four-...
Loyola University Maryland hit .226 in its regular-season non-conference finale Tuesday night,...
George Washington Hosts Volleyball Tuesday Night
Loyola University Maryland volleyball will play its final regular-season non-conference match of ...
Bears Rally To Escape Volleyball At Delaware...
Morgan State University rallied from a first-set loss Saturday at the Delaware Invitational to...
Blue Hens, Pioneers Top Volleyball On Delaware ...
Loyola University Maryland volleyball lost a pair of matches Friday on the first day of the...
Join Loyola Volleyball For Alumnae Weekend -...
Join Loyola University Maryland volleyball for its 2015 Alumnae Weekend on Oct. 23-24.
Tournament Action Wraps Up This Weekend For...
The Loyola University Maryland volleyball team plays its final tournament of the 2015 regular-sea...
Friday, Oct 9 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Bucknell Lewisburg, Pa. 7:00 PM Live Stats Video
Saturday, Oct 10 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Colgate Hamilton, N.Y. 4:00 PM Live Stats Video
Wednesday, Oct 14 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE American Reitz Arena 7:00 PM Friday, Oct 16 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Annapolis, Md. 7:00 PM Naval Academy Access & Parking
Friday, Oct 23 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lafayette Reitz Arena 7:00 PM Saturday, Oct 24 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lehigh Reitz Arena 2:00 PM