Women's Soccer Hosts Lafayette On Senior Night
Nov. 1, 2013
|Date||Saturday, November 2, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats |Free Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola University Maryland has made eight appearances in the NCAA College Cup, including last season as the Greyhounds traveled to Durham, N.C. to take on the Duke Blue Devils in the first round.
• The 2013 season marks Loyola’s inaugural season as a member of the Patriot League.
• Saturday, Sept. 21 was one for the record books. Loyola women’s soccer was the first program in Greyhound history to compete in a conference game as a member of the Patriot League. Holy Cross escaped Ridley Athletic Complex with a 1-0 victory, marking the first victory between the two teams.
• Weeks later, Loyola added another tab to its record books, winning the program’s first-ever Patriot League contest. The Greyhounds shutout the American Eagles, 2-0, at Ridley Athletic Complex on Wednesday, Oct. 23.
Loyola Women’s Soccer
• The Greyhounds are 2-11-3 after a three-goal shutout loss at the United States Naval Academy on Sunday, Oct. 27.
• Nine of Loyola’s 16 games have been decided by one goal, including eight of its 11 losses.
• Sophomore Charlotte Miller leads the offense with nine points and four goals, while freshman Maddie Boccio has five points and two goals.
• In goal, senior Didi Haracic ranks third in the Patriot League in saves, recording 75 stops this season.
Last Time Out
• Loyola dropped its final road game of the season, 3-0, against the United States Naval Academy on Sunday, Oct. 27.
• Navy scored on three separate set pieces, including two identical goals in the first and 12th minute.
• Maddie Boccio, Rosy Hayes and Nicole Wojcik recorded all three shots against the Midshipmen.
• In goal, Didi Haracic played all 90 minutes, recording four saves and increasing her season total to 75.
Scouting the Leopards
• Lafayette dropped a 3-1 home matchup against the Army Black Knights in their last outing, falling to 5-10-1 overall and 1-7-0 in the Patriot League.
• Kaelin King leads Lafayette with four goals and nine points. King and Loyola’s Charlotte Miller are among six players tied for ninth in goals in the Patriot League.
• In goal, Danielle Sedillo has played 16 games, logging 1,441 minutes for the Leopards. The rookie goalkeeper ranks fifth in the Patriot League in saves, recording 60 stops. Sedillo has posted a 1.44 GAA and .723 save percentage.
• Lafayette trails Loyola in shots, recording 134 to the Greyhounds’ 147.
Series with Lafayette
• Loyola leads the series 2-0, winning games in 1998 and 2009.
• In their last meeting, the Greyhounds defeated the Leopards, 3-2, in overtime at Ridley Athletic Complex.
• In the first meeting in program history, Loyola shutout Lafeyette, 6-0.
• Loyola is 2-0 when playing Lafayette at home.
• Prior to the contest, Loyola will recognize Chantal Celestin, Toni Cowan, Didi Haracic, Melissa Lookingland, Katelyn McFadden, Deja Walker and manager Taylor Bryant for senior day.
• The 2013 senior class has totaled nine goals and 21 points. The six seniors have a combined 31 assists, 120 shots and made 305 saves (second most in program history).
• The women are 17-15-3 in conference play over the past four years. They have made two appearances in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference championship game, taking the title in 2012. That same year, the women advanced to the NCAA College Cup in North Carolina, facing the Duke Blue Devils in the first round of the tournament.
• The seniors have received a number of accolades throughout their careers at Loyola. Katelyn McFadden and Didi Haracic received MAAC Rookie of the Week honors after outstanding performances in their freshman season, and Haracic was naed to the MAAC All-First and Second Teams as a goalkeeper her sophomore and junior year. The veteran keeper was named the MAAC goalkeeper of the year last year, and is second in progam history with 305 saves.
Loyola-Monmouth Women's Soccer Rescheduled For ...
Loyola University Maryland's women's soccer game against Monmouth University has been rescheduled...
Delaware Escapes Women's Soccer Late In Double OT
Natalie Zelensky scored in the 108th minute to lift the University of Delaware to a season-openin...
Women's Soccer Opens 2015 Season Friday, Hosts ...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team kicks off the 2015 season with a home...
Women's Soccer Picked Sixth In Patriot League...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team was picked to finish sixth in the 2015...
Women's Soccer Hosts Monmouth Monday Night
Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer will play in its second home game in four days,...
Women's Soccer Announces 2015 Schedule
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team has announced its 16-game 2015 schedule,...
Women's Soccer Announces Summer ID Camp
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer program has announced that it will hold its Summer ...
Women's Soccer Welcomes 10 To The Class Of 2019
Loyola University Maryland head women's soccer coach Naomi Meiburger announced the addition of 10...
Sunday, Aug 30 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Cornell Ithaca, N.Y. L, 2-0 Live Stats Friday, Sept 4 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Saint Francis (Pa.) Loretto, Pa. 4:00 PM Friday, Sept 11 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE UMBC Catonsville, Md. 7:30 PM Sunday, Sept 13 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Towson Emmitsburg, Md. 12:00 PM Saturday, Sept 19 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lafayette Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Saturday, Sept 26 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Annapolis, Md. 5:30 PM