Women's Soccer Hosts Lafayette On Senior Night
Nov. 1, 2013
|Date||Saturday, November 2, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats |Free Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola University Maryland has made eight appearances in the NCAA College Cup, including last season as the Greyhounds traveled to Durham, N.C. to take on the Duke Blue Devils in the first round.
• The 2013 season marks Loyola’s inaugural season as a member of the Patriot League.
• Saturday, Sept. 21 was one for the record books. Loyola women’s soccer was the first program in Greyhound history to compete in a conference game as a member of the Patriot League. Holy Cross escaped Ridley Athletic Complex with a 1-0 victory, marking the first victory between the two teams.
• Weeks later, Loyola added another tab to its record books, winning the program’s first-ever Patriot League contest. The Greyhounds shutout the American Eagles, 2-0, at Ridley Athletic Complex on Wednesday, Oct. 23.
Loyola Women’s Soccer
• The Greyhounds are 2-11-3 after a three-goal shutout loss at the United States Naval Academy on Sunday, Oct. 27.
• Nine of Loyola’s 16 games have been decided by one goal, including eight of its 11 losses.
• Sophomore Charlotte Miller leads the offense with nine points and four goals, while freshman Maddie Boccio has five points and two goals.
• In goal, senior Didi Haracic ranks third in the Patriot League in saves, recording 75 stops this season.
Last Time Out
• Loyola dropped its final road game of the season, 3-0, against the United States Naval Academy on Sunday, Oct. 27.
• Navy scored on three separate set pieces, including two identical goals in the first and 12th minute.
• Maddie Boccio, Rosy Hayes and Nicole Wojcik recorded all three shots against the Midshipmen.
• In goal, Didi Haracic played all 90 minutes, recording four saves and increasing her season total to 75.
Scouting the Leopards
• Lafayette dropped a 3-1 home matchup against the Army Black Knights in their last outing, falling to 5-10-1 overall and 1-7-0 in the Patriot League.
• Kaelin King leads Lafayette with four goals and nine points. King and Loyola’s Charlotte Miller are among six players tied for ninth in goals in the Patriot League.
• In goal, Danielle Sedillo has played 16 games, logging 1,441 minutes for the Leopards. The rookie goalkeeper ranks fifth in the Patriot League in saves, recording 60 stops. Sedillo has posted a 1.44 GAA and .723 save percentage.
• Lafayette trails Loyola in shots, recording 134 to the Greyhounds’ 147.
Series with Lafayette
• Loyola leads the series 2-0, winning games in 1998 and 2009.
• In their last meeting, the Greyhounds defeated the Leopards, 3-2, in overtime at Ridley Athletic Complex.
• In the first meeting in program history, Loyola shutout Lafeyette, 6-0.
• Loyola is 2-0 when playing Lafayette at home.
• Prior to the contest, Loyola will recognize Chantal Celestin, Toni Cowan, Didi Haracic, Melissa Lookingland, Katelyn McFadden, Deja Walker and manager Taylor Bryant for senior day.
• The 2013 senior class has totaled nine goals and 21 points. The six seniors have a combined 31 assists, 120 shots and made 305 saves (second most in program history).
• The women are 17-15-3 in conference play over the past four years. They have made two appearances in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference championship game, taking the title in 2012. That same year, the women advanced to the NCAA College Cup in North Carolina, facing the Duke Blue Devils in the first round of the tournament.
• The seniors have received a number of accolades throughout their careers at Loyola. Katelyn McFadden and Didi Haracic received MAAC Rookie of the Week honors after outstanding performances in their freshman season, and Haracic was naed to the MAAC All-First and Second Teams as a goalkeeper her sophomore and junior year. The veteran keeper was named the MAAC goalkeeper of the year last year, and is second in progam history with 305 saves.
Women's Soccer Welcomes Nine To Class of 2020
Loyola University Maryland women's soccer head coach Naomi Meiburger has announced the addition...
71 Student-Athletes Named To Fall Patriot...
Loyola University Maryland placed 71 student-athletes on their respective sports' Patriot League ...
Four Greyhounds Named To MAAC 35th Anniversary ...
Four former Loyola University Maryland men's and women's soccer players were included on the...
Women In Sports Day Set For February 21
Loyola University Maryland will host a celebration of women and their contributions to, and...
Hayes Named To All-ECAC First Team
Loyola University Maryland senior Rosy Hayes was named to the Eastern College Athletic Conference...
Hayes Named To All-Mid-Atlantic Region Second Team
Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer senior Rosy Hayes was named to the 2015 NCAA...
BU Edges Women's Soccer, 2-1, In Patriot League...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team saw its season come to a close Friday,...
Women's Soccer Faces BU In Patriot League...
The fourth-seeded Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team will make its first appearance...
There are no upcoming events.