Women's Soccer To Celebrate Senior Day Before Saturday's Match
|Date||Saturday, October 28, 2017|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Live Stats||Click Here|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Quick Hits About The ’Hounds
- Loyola hosts its final game of the 2017 regular-season on Saturday, October 28, when Lafayette College visits Ridley Athletic Complex.
- Prior to the game against the Leopards, the Greyhounds will celebrate Senior Day, honoring their two members of the Class of 2018: Alyssa Bonnesen and Lauryn Davidson, as well as student manager Patrick Fogarty.
- The Greyhounds had a season-best streak of 310-plus minutes without allowing a goal snapped in the first half against Boston University on October 14.
- Julianna Cabrera is tied for sixth in the Patriot League in assists this season with four total.
- Cabrera has had a foot in all but two of Loyola’s goal this season, assisting on four and scoring two others.
- This season is the Greyhounds’ eighth with Ridley Athletic Complex as their home. Loyola began playing soccer at the stadium in 2010 and has a 30-24-12 record there.
Last Time Out
- Lehigh scored two goals in the final 21 minutes Saturday, and the Mountain Hawks defeated visiting Maryland, 2-0.
- Lisa Kestelboym opened the scoring for the Mountain Hawks just under 70 minutes into the contest.
- Sabrina Mertz crossed a pass into the box where it was flicked by Maggie Wadsworth toward Kestelboym. She then knocked it in from in front of the goal to give Lehigh a 1-0 advantage.
- Wadsworth added an insurance goal in the 89th minute, curling a shot inside the top left corner from just outside the box off an assist by Annika Jansa.
- Loyola had a scoring chance in the 54th minute as Claire Beath’s header off a corner went wide, and three minutes later a McKenzie attempt was saved.
- Jen Moutenot had a look that was blocked off a Nicole Rivas 72nd-minute corner kick, and a Mary Theresa Corcoran shot went off frame in the 76th minute. McKenzie then took a shot in the 83rd minute that was saved by Miller.
- Rahe finished with a game-high six saves,. Lehigh managed a marginal 17-13 advantage in shots.
- Loyola and Lafayette will meet for the seventh time overall and fifth time as Patriot League foes when the teams take the field on Saturday.
- The Greyhounds hold a 3-0-3 record in the series that dates back to 1998. Loyola won both non-conference meetings in 1988 and 2009.
- Last year’s match ended in a 1-1 tie in Easton, Pennsylvania, on September 17. The Leopards took a lead 38:00 into the contest as Alex Stanford collected a loose ball and scored on a shot from outside the box.
- Loyola took less than two minutes before equalizing the match at 1-1 when Casey McKenzie tallied the first goal of her career. She took a long right-to-left cross by Mia Sardella, settled the ball, turned and hit a shot at 39:59 that knotted the match at 1-1. Loyola had a 12-8 advantage in shots during the game, but neither team could find the net following McKenzie’s tying goal.
About The Leopards
- Lafayette enters Saturday’s game with a 4-8-2 overall record and 2-5-1 mark in the Patriot League.
- Katie Brannigan leads the Leopards in points (9) and is tied with Gabrielle Martone for the team-lead in assists (3). Krista Kissel paces the Leopards with four goals scored this year.
- Maggie Pohl and Kelly O’Brien have split time in goal for the Leopards this season. Pohl has played 585 minutes and started 13 games, while O’Brien has been in the net for 719 minutes while playing in all 14. Combined, they have put together a 1.79 goals against average and .774 saves percentage.
Having A Foot In (Almost) Everything
- Julianna Cabrera has been involved in all but two of Loyola’s goals this season, assisting on four via the assist end and scoring at both St. John’s and Delaware State.
- Cabrera, who is the Greyhounds’ primary player on set pieces, entered the season with just one assist – coming in her freshman season of 2015 – but she has quadrupled that with four in 2017.
Keeping Them Off The Board
- Loyola’s defense strung together two-straight shutouts and more than 310 minutes of scoreless soccer in all over the course of four matches, its longest stretch of the season. The Greyhounds yielded a goal to the U.S. Military Academy five minutes, 41 seconds into their game on October 1, and they were not scored on again until Boston University did so in the first half on October 14.
First Time For Everything
- Sarah Ensor tallied her shot in a Loyola uniform Wednesday night midway through the second half against American.
- Taylor DiMarco scored her first collegiate goal October 9 at Delaware State, ripping a lefty shot from the top right of the box in the second half to put the Greyhounds ahead, 2-0.
- Alice Regan and Jen Moutenot also had their first collegiate points against Delaware State, each being credited with assists on DiMarco’s goal.
- Claire Beath and Hannah Hoefs both registered career firsts in the second half of Loyola’s Patriot League opener at Colgate. Beath’s goal in the 55th minute was her first as a collegian, and Hoefs was on the assisting end for the first time as a collegian.
Ensor Scores First Career Goal, But Eagles Top ...
Sarah Ensor scored her first collegiate goal Wednesday night, but Loyola women’s soccer was...
Women's Soccer Returns To Ridley Wednesday...
Loyola women's soccer returns to Ridley Athletic Complex on Wednesday night to host American at 7...
Final Regular-Season Road Trip Takes Women's...
Loyola women's soccer will take its final regular-season road trip of 2017 when it visits Lehigh ...
Boston University Gets Past Women's Soccer
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team dropped a 3-0 decision to Boston...
Boston University, Women's Soccer Meet Saturday...
Loyola women's soccer starts a stretch of four-straight Patriot League games to end the regular-s...
Cabrera, DiMarco Tally Goals In Women's Soccer'...
Julianna Cabrera and Taylor DiMarco scored goals Monday night, and the Loyola women’s...
Rahe Named Patriot League Goalkeeper Of The Week
Loyola junior goalkeeper Sumer Rahe was named the Patriot League Goalkeeper of the Week on Monday...
Delaware State Hosts Women's Soccer Monday Night
Loyola women's soccer plays its final non-conference match of 2017 on Monday night when it heads ...
There are no upcoming events.