Women's Soccer Travels To Annapolis Sunday Afternoon
Oct. 25, 2013
|Opponent||United States Naval Academy Midshipmen|
|Date||Sunday, Oct. 27, 2013|
|Location||Annapolis, Md. | Glenn Warner Soccer Facility|
|Online Media||Live Stats |Free Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola University Maryland has made eight appearances in the NCAA College Cup, including last season as the Greyhounds traveled to Durham, N.C. to take on the Duke Blue Devils in the first round.
• The 2013 season marks Loyola’s inaugural season as a member of the Patriot League.
• Saturday, Sept. 21 was one for the record books. Loyola women’s soccer was the first program in Greyhound history to compete in a conference game as a member of the Patriot League. Holy Cross escaped Ridley Athletic Complex with a 1-0 victory, marking the first victory between the two teams.
• Weeks later, Loyola added another tab to its record books, winning the program’s first-ever Patriot League contest. The Greyhounds shutout the American Eagles, 2-0, at Ridley Athletic Complex on Wednesday, Oct. 23.
Loyola Women’s Soccer
• The Greyhounds are 2-10-3 after a two-goal shutout victory over American University on Wednesday, Oct. 23.
• Nine of Loyola’s 15 games have been decided by one goal, including eight of its 10 losses.
• Sophomore Charlotte Miller leads the offense with nine points and four goals, while freshman Maddie Boccio has five points and two goals.
• In goal, senior Didi Haracic ranks fourth in the Patriot League in saves, recording 71 stops this season.
Last Time Out
• Loyola recorded its first-ever Patriot League victory on Wednesday, Oct. 23, when the Greyhounds shutout the American University Eagles, 2-0, at Ridley Athletic Complex.
• The Greyhounds won their first home match since nearly a year ago when Loyola defeated the Canisius College Golden Griffins, 4-1, on October 21.
• Loyola haulted its two-game losing streak by a pair of goals from Charlotte Miller and Maddie Boccio, who are ranked first and second on the team in points, respectively.
• The Greyhounds remain undefeated in the 2013 season when scoring two goals in a match.
• The last time Loyola shutout an opponent, the Greyhounds advanced to the 2012 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference title game. Head Coach Katherine Remy Vettori led the team to a 1-0 victory against Fairfield University in the semifinal matchup. The Greyhounds went on to win the conference title, and advance to the NCAA College Cup to take on Duke in the first round.
Scouting the Midshipmen
• With a win against Lehigh University on Wednesday, Navy clinched the No. 1 seed going into the 2013 Patriot League Tournament.
• The Midshipmen extended their unbeaten conference record to 7-0, with a 2-0 victory against the Mountain Hawks.
• Morgan Dankanich leads Navy, as well as the Patriot League, with 12 goals and three assists in 17 games. Dankanich also leads the league in points (27), more than double that of the players in second-place.
• Freshman forward Courtney Hook leads the Patriot League in assists, recording five in 17 games played.
• In goal, Elizabeth Hoerner has played 16 games, including 1364 minutes for the Midshipmen. The senior goalkeeper leads the league in shutouts, recording nine this season. Hoerner has recorded 46 saves, and only seven goals against.
• The 2012 Patriot League Goalkeeper of the Year, Hoerner is a candidate for the 2013 Senior Class Award.
• Navy tops the league in shots, points, goals, assists, shutouts and corners.
Series with United States Naval Academy
• Navy leads the series, 4-2, after taking the latest victory in Germantown, Md., on October 7, 2001.
• The Midshipmen recorded a 1-0 victory in the last contest, tabbing their fourth-consecutive win against Loyola.
• The Greyhounds defeated Navy in back-to-back years, shutting out the Mids in 1993 and 1994.
• Loyola returns home to Ridley Athletic Complex to host the Lafayette College Leopards, on Saturday, Nov. 2, at 7 p.m. In honor of Senior Day, seniors Chantal Celestin, Toni Cowan, Didi Haracic, Melissa Lookingland, Katelyn McFadden and Deja Walker will be honored in a ceremony prior to the contest.
Cabrera Scores Twice As Women's Soccer Earns 3-...
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team scored a pair of goals in the first 11 minutes...
Women's Soccer Opens 2016 Season Friday At...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team kicks off the 2016 season with an away...
Wahlig Named To Preseason All-Patriot League...
Senior defender Nicole Wahlig has been named to the 2016 Preseason All-Patriot League Team, while...
Ruhl Joins Women's Soccer Staff As A Volunteer ...
Loyola University Maryland head women’s soccer coach Naomi Meiburger has announced the...
Women's Soccer Announces 2016 Schedule
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team has announced its 16-game schedule for the...
Hayes Awarded Patriot League’s Bob...
Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer alumna Rosy Hayes, a 2016 graduate, has been...
Women's Soccer Announces Two One-Day Summer...
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer program announced that it will host two one-day...
Soccer Alumni Inducted To Maryland Soccer Hall ...
The Old Timers Soccer Association of Maryland is inducting its 42nd Hall of Fame class and this...
Thursday, Aug 25 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Saint Francis (Pa.) Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Sunday, Aug 28 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE St. John's Ridley Athletic Complex 4:00 PM Video Friday, Sept 2 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Cornell Ridley Athletic Complex 6:00 PM Video Sunday, Sept 4 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Delaware Newark, Del. 7:00 PM Friday, Sept 9 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Monmouth (N.J.) West Long Branch, N.J. 7:00 PM Video
Sunday, Sept 11 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Seton Hall South Orange, N.J. 1:00 PM