Women's Soccer Meets American For A Mid-Week Matchup
Oct. 22, 2013
|Date||Wednesday, October 23, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats |Free Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola University Maryland has made eight appearances in the NCAA College Cup, including last season as the Greyhounds traveled to Durham, N.C. to take on the Duke Blue Devils in the first round.
• The 2013 season marks Loyola’s inaugural season as a member of the Patriot League.
• Saturday, Sept. 21 was one for the record books. Loyola women’s soccer was the first program in Greyhound history to compete in a conference game as a member of the Patriot League. Holy Cross escaped Ridley Athletic Complex with a 1-0 victory, marking the first victory between the two teams.
Loyola Women’s Soccer
• The Greyhounds are 1-10-3 after a one-goal loss to Boston University on Saturday, Oct. 19.
• Nine of Loyola’s 14 games have been decided by one goal, including eight of its 10 losses.
• Sophomore Charlotte Miller leads the offense with seven points and three goals, while freshman Nicole Wahlig has four points and two goals.
• In goal, senior Didi Haracic ranks fourth in the Patriot League in saves, recording 68 stops this season.
Last Time Out
• Loyola fell to 1-10-3, dropping a 1-0 contest against fellow Patriot League newcomer Boston University, on Saturday, Oct. 19.
• Freshman Maddie Boccio recorded both shot attempts for the Greyhounds, including one on goal.
• The back four of Kelly Santangelo, Riley Piechnick, Nicole Wahlig and Kelsey Targarona held the No. 3 scoring offense in the League scoreless for 81 minutes. The defense also held the No. 2 goal-scorer, Madison Clemens, scoreless.
Scouting the Eagles
• American improved to 6-8-1 and 4-1-1 in the Patriot League on Saturday, Oct. 19, as the Eagles shutout the Lehigh Mountain Hawks, 1-0, in their sixth conference match of the season.
• Following Saturday’s matchup junior Kirsten Eriksen was named the BRINE Patriot League Defensive Player of the Week.
• Lindsay Muri leads the Eagles with 13 points and six goals. Earlier this season, the junior forward scored goals in three consecutive games against Richmond, Holy Cross and Bucknell. She ranks fourth in the league in shots per game (2.4), and is currently tied for second in points. Muri is second among the Patriot League in goals recorded, just behind Morgan Dankanich of Navy.
• In goal, Charlene Belanger has played 1,043 minutes, averaging a 0.69 goals against average and .899 save percentage. Belanger’s save percentage is good enough to lead the league, while her 71 saves ties her for second.
• American has recorded seven shutouts this season, including five throughout Patriot League play.
Series with American University
• Loyola leads the series 6-2-2, with the latest victory being a 2-1 decision in Washington on Sept. 9, 2012.
• Recent alumna Nichole Schiro became Loyola’s all-time career points leader in the game, scoring in the 25th minute of the contest. Charlotte Miller sent a ball into the box that was tipped home by Schiro to give Loyola a 1-0 lead. The goal gave Schiro 91 career points, passing Carolyn Kennington who held the title at 89 points since 2006.
• The Greyhounds extended their lead to 2-0 later in the first half, as Tessa McClenahan finished a shot from 15-yards out off a corner kick by Gigi Mangione.
• American responded with its lone goal, scoring in the 37th minute off a corner kick to cut the Loyola lead to 2-1.
• The victory was the fifth-straight for Loyola over American.
• Loyola travels to the United States Naval Academy for its final road contest of the season. The Greyhounds will take on the Midshipmen, Friday, Oct. 27 at 1 p.m.
Women's Soccer Opens 2015 Season Friday, Hosts ...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team kicks off the 2015 season with a home...
Women's Soccer Picked Sixth In Patriot League...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team was picked to finish sixth in the 2015...
Women's Soccer Hosts Monmouth Monday Night
Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer will play in its second home game in four days,...
Women's Soccer Announces 2015 Schedule
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team has announced its 16-game 2015 schedule,...
Women's Soccer Announces Summer ID Camp
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer program has announced that it will hold its Summer ...
Women's Soccer Welcomes 10 To The Class Of 2019
Loyola University Maryland head women's soccer coach Naomi Meiburger announced the addition of 10...
62 Students Named To Fall Patriot League Honor ...
Loyola University Maryland had 62 student-athletes named to the Patriot League Academic Honor...
Patriot League Network Features Three Green &...
Melanie Pellowski, the Patriot League Network's correspondent, highlights three Loyola University...
Friday, Aug 28 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Temple Philadelphia, Pa. 4:00 PM Live Stats | Video
Sunday, Aug 30 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Cornell Ithaca, N.Y. 1:00 PM Live Stats Friday, Sept 4 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Saint Francis (Pa.) Loretto, Pa. 4:00 PM Friday, Sept 11 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE UMBC Catonsville, Md. 7:30 PM Sunday, Sept 13 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Towson Emmitsburg, Md. 12:00 PM Saturday, Sept 19 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lafayette Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video