Women's Soccer Travels To Boston University Saturday Afternoon
Oct. 17, 2013
|Opponent||Boston University Terriers|
|Date||Saturday, October 19, 2013|
|Location||Boston | Nickerson Field|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Free Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola University Maryland has made eight appearances in the NCAA College Cup, including last season as the Greyhounds traveled to Durham, N.C. to take on the Duke Blue Devils in the first round.
• The 2013 season marks Loyola’s inaugural season as a member of the Patriot League.
• Saturday, Sept. 21 was one for the record books. Loyola women’s soccer was the first program in Greyhound history to compete in a conference game as a member of the Patriot League. Holy Cross escaped Ridley Athletic Complex with a 1-0 victory, marking the first victory between the two teams.
Loyola Women’s Soccer
• The Greyhounds are 1-9-3 after a one-goal loss to Lehigh University on Saturday, Oct. 12, in Bethlehem, Pa.
• Eight of Loyola’s 13 games have been decided by one goal, including seven of its nine losses.
• Sophomore Charlotte Miller leads the offense with seven points and three goals, while freshman Nicole Wahlig has four points and two goals.
• In goal, senior Didi Haracic ranks second in the Patriot League in saves per game, averaging 6.09 stops-per- contest.
Last Time Out
• Despite a season-high 17 shots, the Greyhounds dropped a 2-1 contest Saturday, Oct. 12, against the Lehigh Mountain Hawks.
• The Mountain Hawks converted a corner kick to a goal in the first 10 minutes of regulation, giving Lehigh the early 1-0 lead in Bethlehem, Pa.
• In the 65th minute, Murphee Greeley’s penalty kick extended the Mountain Hawks lead to two.
• Charlotte Miller found the back of the net in the 78th minute, scoring the lone goal for the Greyhounds. Melissa Lookingland found Miller just outside the box, as the sophomore forward took a quick shot that sailed above the hands of Lehigh’s goalkeeper.
• Loyola held a 17-16 shot advantage, while both teams recorded two corner kicks throughout the contest.
Scouting the Terriers
• Boston University ended non-conference action 5-2-3, after a 1-1 double-overtime draw at Dartmouth University on Wednesday evening.
• The Terriers are 9-3-3 overall and 4-1 in the Patriot League. All four of their league wins have come off shutout victories.
• Madison Clemens leads Boston University with 10 points and five goals, while Erica Kosienski follows in a close second with nine points, four goals and one assist.
• Clemens and Kosienski rank sixth and seventh, respectively, in points among Patriot League players. Clemens’ five goals tie the senior forward for second in the league in cumulative season goals.
• Goalkeeper Andrea Green has started all but one game this season, playing 1,184 minutes. The senior leads the Patriot League with a 0.38 goals against average. Her .868 save percentage is good enough for second in the league.
• The Terriers enter this weekend’s contest ranked second in the Patriot League.
• Among the 10 league teams, Boston University ranks third in points (53), third in goals (19), and second in shutouts (9).
Series with Boston University
• The Terriers are unbeaten when playing Loyola, as Boston University holds a 1-0-1 advantage over the Greyhounds.
• On August 27, 2011, Boston University tabbed a 3-0 victory on Nickerson Field with goals by Taylor Krebs, Jess Luscinski and Brea Hewitt.
• Recent alumna, Nichole Schiro, recorded all three shots for Loyola, including an opportunity late in the first half playing a through ball into the hands of then Terriers’ goalkeeper Kelly King.
• Loyola returns home for a midweek matchup against Patriot League-neighbor American University. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m., at Ridley Athletic Complex.
Women's Soccer Hosts Navy For Weekend Patriot...
• The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team prepares to host Navy on...
Trio Scores To Lead Women's Soccer To 3-2 Win...
The Loyola women’s soccer team put forth a team effort to claim it’s first win...
Midweek Matchup Set For Women's Soccer At Monmouth
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team prepares to travel to West Long Branch, ...
Women's Soccer Ties With Lafayette In Patriot...
Freshman Casey McKenzie's first career goal matched Lafayette early, resulting in a draw in the...
Women's Soccer Set To Open Patriot League...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team prepares to open it’s fourth...
Loyola-Monmouth Women's Soccer Rescheduled...
Loyola University Maryland's women's soccer game at Monmouth University has been rescheduled...
First-Half Goal Enough For Blue Hens As...
Nikki Adams curled a 22-yard shot just inside the upper left corner of the goal, giving the...
Women's Soccer Unable To Overcome Early Goal,...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team dropped its first match of the season...
Wednesday, Sept 28 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE American Washington, D.C. 4:00 PM Live Stats Saturday, Oct 1 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Boston University Ridley Athletic Complex 2:30 PM Video Saturday, Oct 8 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lehigh Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Saturday, Oct 15 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Army West Point West Point, N.Y. 7:00 PM Live Stats Wednesday, Oct 19 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Bucknell Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Saturday, Oct 22 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Colgate Ridley Athletic Complex 5:00 PM Video