Women's Soccer Travels To Boston University Saturday Afternoon
Oct. 17, 2013
|Opponent||Boston University Terriers|
|Date||Saturday, October 19, 2013|
|Location||Boston | Nickerson Field|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Free Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola University Maryland has made eight appearances in the NCAA College Cup, including last season as the Greyhounds traveled to Durham, N.C. to take on the Duke Blue Devils in the first round.
• The 2013 season marks Loyola’s inaugural season as a member of the Patriot League.
• Saturday, Sept. 21 was one for the record books. Loyola women’s soccer was the first program in Greyhound history to compete in a conference game as a member of the Patriot League. Holy Cross escaped Ridley Athletic Complex with a 1-0 victory, marking the first victory between the two teams.
Loyola Women’s Soccer
• The Greyhounds are 1-9-3 after a one-goal loss to Lehigh University on Saturday, Oct. 12, in Bethlehem, Pa.
• Eight of Loyola’s 13 games have been decided by one goal, including seven of its nine losses.
• Sophomore Charlotte Miller leads the offense with seven points and three goals, while freshman Nicole Wahlig has four points and two goals.
• In goal, senior Didi Haracic ranks second in the Patriot League in saves per game, averaging 6.09 stops-per- contest.
Last Time Out
• Despite a season-high 17 shots, the Greyhounds dropped a 2-1 contest Saturday, Oct. 12, against the Lehigh Mountain Hawks.
• The Mountain Hawks converted a corner kick to a goal in the first 10 minutes of regulation, giving Lehigh the early 1-0 lead in Bethlehem, Pa.
• In the 65th minute, Murphee Greeley’s penalty kick extended the Mountain Hawks lead to two.
• Charlotte Miller found the back of the net in the 78th minute, scoring the lone goal for the Greyhounds. Melissa Lookingland found Miller just outside the box, as the sophomore forward took a quick shot that sailed above the hands of Lehigh’s goalkeeper.
• Loyola held a 17-16 shot advantage, while both teams recorded two corner kicks throughout the contest.
Scouting the Terriers
• Boston University ended non-conference action 5-2-3, after a 1-1 double-overtime draw at Dartmouth University on Wednesday evening.
• The Terriers are 9-3-3 overall and 4-1 in the Patriot League. All four of their league wins have come off shutout victories.
• Madison Clemens leads Boston University with 10 points and five goals, while Erica Kosienski follows in a close second with nine points, four goals and one assist.
• Clemens and Kosienski rank sixth and seventh, respectively, in points among Patriot League players. Clemens’ five goals tie the senior forward for second in the league in cumulative season goals.
• Goalkeeper Andrea Green has started all but one game this season, playing 1,184 minutes. The senior leads the Patriot League with a 0.38 goals against average. Her .868 save percentage is good enough for second in the league.
• The Terriers enter this weekend’s contest ranked second in the Patriot League.
• Among the 10 league teams, Boston University ranks third in points (53), third in goals (19), and second in shutouts (9).
Series with Boston University
• The Terriers are unbeaten when playing Loyola, as Boston University holds a 1-0-1 advantage over the Greyhounds.
• On August 27, 2011, Boston University tabbed a 3-0 victory on Nickerson Field with goals by Taylor Krebs, Jess Luscinski and Brea Hewitt.
• Recent alumna, Nichole Schiro, recorded all three shots for Loyola, including an opportunity late in the first half playing a through ball into the hands of then Terriers’ goalkeeper Kelly King.
• Loyola returns home for a midweek matchup against Patriot League-neighbor American University. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m., at Ridley Athletic Complex.
Hayes Named To All-ECAC First Team
Loyola University Maryland senior Rosy Hayes was named to the Eastern College Athletic Conference...
Hayes Named To All-Mid-Atlantic Region Second Team
Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer senior Rosy Hayes was named to the 2015 NCAA...
BU Edges Women's Soccer, 2-1, In Patriot League...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team saw its season come to a close Friday,...
Women's Soccer Faces BU In Patriot League...
The fourth-seeded Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team will make its first appearance...
Folan, Hayes Named To Women's Soccer Academic...
A pair of Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer captains – graduate student...
Women's Soccer Advances To Patriot League...
The fourth-seeded Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team advanced to the semifinals of...
Patriot League Women's Soccer Championships...
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team will host Colgate University Tuesday night for...
Hayes Named Patriot League Women’s Soccer...
Senior Rosy Hayes was named the Patriot League Offensive Player of the Year by a vote of the...
There are no upcoming events.