Oct. 17, 2012
• Loyola finished its regular-season non-conference schedule with a 4-3-3 record.
• The Greyhounds are 3-1-1 in Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference play.
Scouting the Purple Eagles
• Niagara enters the weekend with a 8-7-0 overall record, and tied 3-3-0 in MAAC play.
• Junior Forward Danielle Kennedy leads the team with four goals this season, while four other Purple Eagles scored three goals in 2012.
• Maria Siegrist-Gabas tops the team with five assists, recording nine points for the 2012 season.
• In the goal, Claire Feiertag has played 1,147 minutes, stopping 64 shots for a .771 save percentage, while giving up 19 goals for a 1.49 goals-against average.
Series with Niagara
• In this series, Loyola has yet to lose a game against the Purple Eagles.
• The Greyhounds have won six straight games, the only tie back in 2007 when the Greyhounds and Purple Eagles went into double overtime finishing 0-0.
• Loyola has held the Purple Eagles to two or less goals in the the last eight games.
Scouting the Golden Griffins
• Canisius brings a 4-12-0 record into the weekend, including a 2-4-0 mark in MAAC play.
• The Golden Griffins have scored 14 of their 20 goals in the second half this season.
• Brianna Smith leads the Griffins with 20 points, coming from ten goals and no assists.
• Megan Tock has played 1,094 minutes, stopping 87 shots with .725 save percentage. She has also given up 33 goals for a 2.71 goals-against average.
Series with Canisius
• This is the 22nd meeting between the Greyhounds and the Golden Griffins.
• The Greyhounds were undefeated in the series, until the last two appearances losing by one goal in the 2011 and 2010 seasons.
• Last season the Purple Eagles beat the Greyhounds 3-2 in Buffalo, N.Y.
• Twelve seniors will be recognized Sunday at the Senior Game against the Golden Griffins.
Danielle Ippolito (GK)
Brittany Yancey (B)
Kelsey Rene (B)
Lauren Norcia (B)
Gigi Mangione (M)
Nichole Schiro (F)
Tessa McClenahan (M)
Kelsey Donohue (B)
Julia Hajjar (F)
Jenny Thornton (B)
Nicky Alagna (M)
Katelyn McFadden (F)
• The Greyhounds finish up the 2012 regular season on the road at Marist on Friday, Oct. 26, and Siena Saturday, Oct. 28.
The Last Meeting
November 4, 2011
Ridley Athletic Complex
Women's Soccer Advances To MAAC Final With 5-0 Win
Kelsey Rene (above) and Nichole Sciro both scored twice, and Loyola University Maryland's women's soccer team advanced to the MAAC Championship Game for the 17th time in program history with a 5-0 win over Niagara in Friday's MAAC Semifinals at Ridley.