Women's Soccer Returns To Ridley Wednesday Night To Host American
|Date||Wednesday, October 18, 2017|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Live Stats||Click Here|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Quick Hits About The ’Hounds
- Loyola returns to Ridley Athletic Complex for its penultimate home game of the 2017 season on American University.
- The Greyhounds will host the Eagles in a 7 p.m. match that will air live on the Patriot League Network.
- Loyola will have two regular-season games remaining on its slate after the contest against American. The Greyhounds head to Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, for a 5 p.m. game on Saturday, October 21, at Lehigh University. They then host Lafayette College in the regular-season finale Saturday, October 28, at 1 p.m.
- The Greyhounds had a season-best streak of 310-plus minutes without allowing a goal snapped in the first half against Boston University on Saturday.
- Julianna Cabrera is tied for ninth in the Patriot League in assists this season with three total.
- Cabrera has had a foot in all but two of Loyola’s goal this season, assisting on three and scoring two others.
- This season is the Greyhounds’ eighth with Ridley Athletic Complex as their home. Loyola began playing soccer at the stadium in 2010 and has a 30-23-12 record there.
Last Time Out
- Loyola dropped a 3-0 decision to Boston University at Nickerson Field Saturday afternoon.
- The Greyhounds had early control of the game, but the Terriers were the first to strike as Anna Heilferty skimmed a low shot past a diving Sumer Rahe in the 27th minute.
- Loyola turned up its pressure in the closing minutes of the first half and ultimately ended up creating a corner kick opportunity. Nicole Rivas played the ball into the box and Beth Eversman, unmarked on the top corner of the box, volleyed a clearance attempt before sending her shot off of the crossbar as time expired.
- Maddie Hart looked for the Greyhounds’ equalizer, chipping a shot at goal in the 49th minute, but the ball sailed into the hands of BU goalkeeper Amanda Fay.
- McKenna Doyle then gave the Terriers a pair of insurance goals, touching a loose ball over the line in the 56th minute before putting a corner kick away in the 68th minute.
- In a series that dates back to the Greyhounds’ inaugural season of 1992, Loyola leads American, 9-2-2, and is undefeated in the last nine meetings between the teams.
- American is Loyola’s longest standing rival in the Patriot League, as the two sides have met a total of 14 times.
- In the last nine games, Loyola has outscored American, 19-4.
- Last year, the Eagles looked poised to break through against Loyola, leading 2-1 with less than 10 seconds to play in regulation, but Jourdan Ziff scored her second goal of the game with five seconds left on the clock.
- Ziff scored earlier in the game, heading in a Morgan Crable cross to equalize the game at 1-1.
- The Greyhounds’ first-ever Patriot League victory was recorded against the Eagles on Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013. That year, Loyola defeated American, 2-0, at Ridley Athletic Complex.
About The Eagles
- American enters Wednesday night’s game with a 1-13-0 overall record and 0-6-0 mark in the Patriot League. The Eagles’ lone win of the season came on August 24 against VMI in a 2-1 decision.
- Each of American’s last two games have been 1-0 setbacks at Lehigh and versus Holy Cross.
- Charly Slavick and Toni Williams have scored American’s lone goals this season, both coming in the game against VMI. Yari Bradfield and Kyanna Alleyne both have tallied assists.
- Bradfield leads the Eagles with 22 shot attempts, while Slavick and Gabriela Maldonado each had tallied 11.
- Ryleigh Brown leads the Eagles with 874 minutes played in goal. She has played to a 1.65 goals-against average and .775 saves percentage.
Having A Foot In (Almost) Everything
- Julianna Cabrera has been involved in all but two of Loyola’s seven goals this season, assisting on three via the distribution end of corner kicks and scoring at both St. John’s and Delaware State.
- Cabrera, who is the Greyhounds’ primary player on set pieces, entered the season with just one assist – coming in her freshman season of 2015 – but she has tripled that with threes in 2017.
Keeping Them Off The Board
- Loyola’s defense strung together two-straight shutouts and more than 310 minutes of scoreless soccer in all over the course of four matches, its longest stretch of the season. The Greyhounds yielded a goal to the U.S. Military Academy five minutes, 41 seconds into their game on October 1, and they were not scored on again until Boston University did so in the first half Saturday.
First Time For Everything
- Taylor DiMarco scored her first collegiate goal October 9 at Delaware State, ripping a lefty shot from the top right of the box in the second half to put the Greyhounds ahead, 2-0.
- Alice Regan and Jen Moutenot also had their first collegiate points against Delaware State, each being credited with assists on DiMarco’s goal.
- Claire Beath and Hannah Hoefs both registered career firsts in the second half of Loyola’s Patriot League opener at Colgate. Beath’s goal in the 55th minute was her first as a collegian, and Hoefs was on the assisting end for the first time as a collegian.
Leopards Edge Women's Soccer In Season Finale
The Loyola women’s soccer team closed out its season with strong effort, but fell short to ...
Gray Joins Women's Soccer As Transfer From...
Maryland native Julia Gray (Owings Md./Northern High School) will join the Loyola University...
Watch Final Construction Of The Air Dome At...
Loyola University Maryland will raise the Air Dome at Ridley Athletic Complex's Sean Lugano...
Loyola Athletics Ranks Seventh In NCAA's...
Loyola University Maryland continued its outstanding performance in the NCAA's Graduation Success...
Leopards Edge Women's Soccer In Season Finale
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team closed out its season with strong effort, but ...
Women's Soccer To Celebrate Senior Day Before...
Loyola women's soccer will honor its Class of 2018 – Alyssa Bonnesen and Lauryn Davidson ...
Mountain Hawks Get Past Women’s Soccer
Lehigh scored two goals in the final 21 minutes Saturday, and the Mountain Hawks defeated...
Ensor Scores First Career Goal, But Eagles Top ...
Sarah Ensor scored her first collegiate goal Wednesday night, but Loyola women’s soccer was...
There are no upcoming events.