Boston University, Women's Soccer Meet Saturday In Beantown
|Opponent||Boston University Terriers|
|Date||Saturday, October 14, 2017|
|Location||Boston, Mass. | Nickerson Field|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Live Stats||Click Here|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Quick Hits About The ’Hounds
- Loyola returns to Patriot League action on Saturday, October 14, when it heads to Boston, Massachusetts for a 1 p.m. game.
- The Greyhounds will face Boston University at 1 p.m. in a Greyhounds-Terriers doubleheader that features the Loyola-Boston U. men at 4 p.m., also at Nickerson Field.
- Loyola then returns to Ridley Athletic Complex for its final three regular-season matches, starting with a 7 p.m. contest against American University on Wednesday, October 18.
- Sumer Rahe logged her second-straight shutout and fourth of the season on Monday. She is tied for fifth in the Patriot League in clean sheets this season.
- Julianna Cabrera is tied for eighth in the Patriot League in assists this season with three total.
- Cabrera has had a foot in all but two of Loyola’s goal this season, assisting on three and scoring two others.
- Loyola’s defense has posted two-straight shutouts and has not allowed a goal since the sixth minute of a third game, a 1-0 setback at Army West Point on October 1. Overall, the Greyhounds have strung together more than 284 minutes without allowing a goal.
- This season is the Greyhounds’ eighth with Ridley Athletic Complex as their home. Loyola began playing soccer at the stadium in 2010 and has a 30-23-12 record there.
Last Time Out
- Julianna Cabrera and Taylor DiMarco scored goals Monday night, and Loyola closed non-conference action with a 2-0 victory over host Delaware State.
- Cabrera put the Greyhounds on the board in the 42nd minute, heading home a Hannah Hoefs free kick from eight yards out to give Loyola a 1-0 advantage. Hoefs lined up a free kick from 40 yards out, sending it into box where Cabrera redirected it with a header for her second goal of the year.
- DiMarco then scored the first goal of her collegiate career in the 67th minute, collecting a rebound after an Alice Regan cross deflected off the Hornets’ goalkeeper to score. DiMarco got to the loose ball and shot from 15 yards to beat Delaware State goalkeeper Jenna Wallace to her left.
- Sumer Rahe logged her second-straight shutout in goal with four saves.
- The Greyhounds had a 10-4 lead in shots and outshot the Hornets 5-0 in the first half, and Delaware State did not record its first shot until the 50th minute.
- Loyola and Boston University will meet for the eighth time when the teams take the field on Saturday and the fifth time in Patriot League regular-season action.
- Both schools joined the conference for the 2013 season. The teams also met in the 2014 Patriot League Semifinals, a 2-1 Terriers victory in Boston.
- The Terriers hold a 5-1-1 advantage in the previous seven meetings after scoring a 1-0 double-overtime victory last year at Ridley Athletic Complex.
- Rachel Blauner gave Boston University the victory last year, scoring off a deep shot after a feed from Erica Kosienski two minutes into the game’s second overtime period.
About The Terriers
- Boston University enters the final four matches of Patriot League action with a 3-1-1 mark in conference play and a 6-6-3 overall record. The Terriers played a tough non-conference slate that included early games against Louisville, Cincinnati, Arizona, Arizona State, Marquette and Boston College, but they have had solid results since commencing their Patriot League schedule.
- The Terriers started conference action with a 6-0 victory against American and followed that with a 0-0 draw against Lehigh. Boston University then defeated Holy Cross (1-0) and Lafayette (3-0) before falling 1-0 to Navy last Saturday. The Terriers held off Harvard in a 1-0 non-conference decision on Wednesday night.
- Christina Wakefield and Anna Heilferty are tied for the team lead in goals (four, each) and points (10). Jesse Shreck is right behind the pair with eight point, leading the team with four assists.
- Amanda Fay has started the last seven games in goal for the Terriers, posting a 0.48 goals-against average and a .840 saves percentage in 754-plus minutes this year.
Having A Foot In (Almost) Everything
- Julianna Cabrera has been involved in all but two of Loyola’s seven goals this season, assisting on three via the distribution end of corner kicks and scoring at both St. John’s and Delaware State.
- Cabrera, who is the Greyhounds’ primary player on set pieces, entered the season with just one assist – coming in her freshman season of 2015 – but she has tripled that with threes in 2017.
Keeping Them Off The Board
- Loyola’s defense has strung together two-straight shutouts and more than 284 minutes of scoreless soccer in all over the last three games, its longest stretch of the season. The Greyhounds yielded a goal to the U.S. Military Academy five minutes, 41 seconds into their game on October 1, but it was the last time an opponent has scored.
First Time For Everything
- Taylor DiMarco scored her first collegiate goal Monday night at Delaware State, ripping a lefty shot from the top right of the box in the second half to put the Greyhounds ahead, 2-0.
- Alice Regan and Jen Moutenot also had their first collegiate points on Monday against Delaware State, each being credited with assists on DiMarco’s goal.
- Claire Beath and Hannah Hoefs both registered career firsts in the second half of Loyola’s Patriot League opener at Colgate. Beath’s goal in the 55th minute was her first as a collegian, and Hoefs was on the assisting end for the first time as a collegian.
Boston University, Women's Soccer Meet Saturday...
Loyola women's soccer starts a stretch of four-straight Patriot League games to end the regular-s...
Cabrera, DiMarco Tally Goals In Women's Soccer'...
Julianna Cabrera and Taylor DiMarco scored goals Monday night, and the Loyola women’s...
Rahe Named Patriot League Goalkeeper Of The Week
Loyola junior goalkeeper Sumer Rahe was named the Patriot League Goalkeeper of the Week on Monday...
Delaware State Hosts Women's Soccer Monday Night
Loyola women's soccer plays its final non-conference match of 2017 on Monday night when it heads ...
Rahe Backstops Women’s Soccer To 0-0 Tie ...
Loyola goalkeeper Sumer Rahe tied her career-high with eight saves Saturday afternoon, and she...
Soccer Doubleheader Kicks Off At Noon Saturday ...
Loyola women's soccer gets a Greyhounds doubleheader underway on Saturday at 12 noon when it...
Early Goal Holds Up For Army West Point Against...
Lauren McGovern scored off a corner kick in the game’s sixth minute Sunday, and the lone...
Army West Point Hosts Women's Soccer In Sunday ...
Loyola women's soccer heads to the Hudson Valley for a 2 p.m. match on Sunday, October 1, at Army...
Saturday, Oct 21 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lehigh Bethlehem, Pa. 5:00 PM Live Stats Saturday, Oct 28 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lafayette Ridley Athletic Complex 1:00 PM Tuesday, Oct 31 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Quarterfinals Higher Seed TBA Friday, Nov 3 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Semifinals Regular-Season Champion TBA Sunday, Nov 5 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Championship Game Regular-Season Champion TBA