Oct. 11, 2012
||Saturday, October 13, 2012
||Jersey City, New Jersey | Ben Cohen Field
||Live Stats | Video
• Loyola finished its regular-season non-conference schedule with a 4-3-3 record.
• The Greyhounds improved to 3-1-0 in Metro Atlantic Conference play with back-to-back road wins at Saint Peter’s (6-0) and Manhattan (1-0).
• Senior Nichole Schiro leads the MAAC in points (19) and goals this year (eight), while junior Katelyn McFadden is tied for ninth in points, with eight.
• In goal, senior Didi Haracic has stopped 67 shots, 80.7 percent of shots faced, while she has given up 1.11 goals per game.
MAAC Players of the Week
• Senior Didi Haracic was named the MAAC Defensive Player of the Week after stopping all eight shots she saw last week, earning back-to-back road wins at Saint Peter’s and Manhattan.
• With her third clean sheet of the season - and second in MAAC play - at Manhattan, Haracic ran her consecutive-shutout minutes to 194:49.
Scouting the Broncs
• Rider has had 13 Broncs contribute to its offense this season, with nobody scoring more than three times.
• Abi Cottam leads the team with nine points on two goals and a league-best five assists, while Tara Ballay has three goals. Jennifer Meier, Bridgette Bartkowski, Jody Sokol, Claire Thompson and Kaitlin Wylie have all contributed two goals, also.
• Defensively, Jenn Nichols has played all 12 games in goal, posting the third-best goals-against average (0.87) and save percentage (.847) in the MAAC. She also leads the league with five shutouts.
Series with Rider
• The Greyhounds own a 17-1-2 advantage in the all-time series against Rider.
• Last year, Loyola beat the Broncs, 3-0, as Nicole Schiro notched two goals.
• The Greyhounds will return home for one last time next weekend, as they will host Niagara on Friday, Oct. 19 at 7 p.m., and Canisius on Sunday, Oct. 21 at 1 p.m.
• Sunday will be Senior Day as Loyola will honor its 10 seniors.