Women's Soccer Travels To The Lehigh Valley Saturday
Oct. 10, 2013
|Opponent||Lehigh Mountain Hawks|
|Date||Saturday, October 12, 2013|
|Location||Bethlehem, Pa. | Ulrich Sports Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats |Free Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola University Maryland has made eight appearances in the NCAA College Cup, including last season as the Greyhounds traveled to Durham, N.C. to take on the Duke Blue Devils in the first round.
• The 2013 season marks Loyola’s inaugural season as a member of the Patriot League.
• Saturday, Sept. 21 was one for the record books. Loyola women’s soccer was the first program in Greyhound history to compete in a conference game as a member of the Patriot League. Holy Cross escaped Ridley Athletic Complex with a 1-0 victory, marking the first victory between the two teams.
Loyola Women’s Soccer
• The Greyhounds are 1-8-3 after a 1-1 double-overtime contest with The United States Military Academy, on Saturday, Oct. 5.
• Seven of Loyola’s 12 games have been decided by one goal, including six of its eight losses.
• Sophomore Charlotte Miller leads the offense with five points, while freshman Nicole Wahlig trails with two goals and four points.
• In goal, senior Didi Haracic leads the Patriot League in saves per game, averaging 6.4 stops a contest.
Last Time Out
• Freshman Nicole Wahilg scored the lone goal for the Greyhounds, in their 1-1 double-overtime matchup against the Army Black Knights. The tie was the third of the season for Loyola, and second at home.
• Wahlig’s goal was the first home point for the Greyhounds since Tuesday, Sept. 10, when Loyola tied local non-conference rival UMBC, 1-1, at Ridley Athletic Complex.
• Senior Didi Haracic recorded a season-high 11 saves in the contest. The veteran goalkeeper held the number-two goal scorer in the league, Kimberly An, scoreless in 110 minutes.
Scouting the Mountain Hawks
• Lehigh fell to 2-7-2 and 0-4 in the Patriot League on Saturday, Oct. 5, as the Mountain Hawks were shutout by the Boston University Terriers, 3-0, in their fifth road contest of the season.
• Murphee Greeley and Danielle Salans lead the Mountain Hawks with five points, while Darby Dustman holds strong in third, with four points.
• Greeley ranks fifth in the Patriot League in shots per game (2.27 per match) and assists (3).
• In goal, Ani Nahapetian and Ashley Blanks have equally seen time for Lehigh. Nahapetian and Blanks have a .731 and .860 save percentage, respectively.
• Lehigh and Loyola have both recorded seven goals this season, tied for eighth among the league.
• The Mountain Hawks are fourth in the Patriot League in saves, making 66 stops this season.
Series with Lehigh
• The Greyhounds lead the series 3-0, with the latest victory being a 4-1 decision from Baltimore on Oct. 3, 2006.
• Loyola had four different goal scorers in that game; Carolyn Kennington, Sara Moller, Christina Gomez and Theresa Ferraina.
• Neither Loyola or Lehigh were able to find the back of the net in the first half, as all five goals were scored in the final 45 minutes.
• The Greyhounds held a 14-9 shot advantage, including a 6-2 lead in corner kicks, in the contest.
• Loyola travels north to Massachusetts to take on fellow Patriot League newcomer Boston University in a 2 p.m. matchup, on Saturday, Oct. 19.
Women's Soccer Concludes Season In Patriot...
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team concluded it's first season under head coach...
Patriot League Quarterfinals Tuesday For Women'...
The sixth-seeded Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team travels to the United States...
Santangelo, Folan and Miller Named To All-Patri...
Loyola University Maryland women's soccer senior Kelly Santangelo was named to the All-Patriot...
Women's Soccer Earns PL Tournament Berth With...
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer played Lafayette College to a scoreless tie on...
Women's Soccer Travels To Lafayette For Regular...
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team closes out the 2014 regular season on Saturday...
Folan Honored As Patriot League Goalkeeper Of...
Loyola University Maryland women's soccer senior Colleen Folan was named the Corvias Patriot...
Women's Soccer Ties Navy, Extends Shutout...
With a 0-0 double-overtime tie versus the United States Naval Academy Sunday afternoon at Ridley ...
Senior Day For Women's Soccer Set For Sunday
Loyola women's soccer returns to Ridley Athletic Complex on Sunday, Oct. 26, for its final home...
There are no upcoming events.