Delaware State Hosts Women's Soccer Monday Night
|Opponent||Delaware State Hornets|
|Date||Monday, October 9, 2017|
|Location||Frederica, Del. | DE Turf Sports Complex|
|Live Stats||Click Here|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Quick Hits About The 'Hounds
- Loyola University Maryland plays its final non-conference match of the season on Monday, October 9, when it crosses the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to face Delaware State University.
- Kickoff is slated for 6 p.m. at the DE Turf Sports Complex in Frederica, Delaware.
- Loyola get back into Patriot League action on Saturday, October 14, for its final four games of the 2017 regular-season. The Greyhounds start that stretch with a 1 p.m. match on Saturday at Boston University.
- Julianna Cabrera is tied for seventh in the Patriot League in assists this season with three total.
- Cabrerea has had a foot in all but one of Loyola's goal this season, assisting on three and scoring another.
- Mary Theresa Corcoran is tied for 15th in the conference in overall goals scored (two), and her two game-winning goals are good for a tie for fifth.
- Sumer Rahe recorded her third clean sheet of the season on Saturday against College of the Holy Cross, a mark that is good for seventh in the League.
- This season is the Greyhounds' eighth with Ridley Athletic Complex as their home. Loyola began playing soccer at the stadium in 2010 and has a 30-23-12 record there.
Last Time Out
- Loyola goalkeeper Sumer Rahe tied her career-high with eight saves Saturday, and she made several other key plays on loose balls to preserve a 0-0 tie against Holy Cross in Patriot League action at Ridley Athletic Complex.
- Rahe's clean sheet was her third of the season, and her eight saves tied her prior best from last month at Navy.
- Loyola had a one-shot advantage, 14-13, against the Crusaders, but the Greyhounds had an 11-7 lead in the statistical category after the opening 45 minutes.
- Rahe made two of her eight saves in the 20 minutes of overtime action, and she also came off her line to pick up crosses in the box to thwart other scoring chances.
- Loyola and Delaware State will meet for the second time in school history when the teams take the field on Monday night.
- The Greyhounds set a school record for goals (13) and points (33) in a game while posting a 13-0 victory. The 13-goal margin is also the largest in school history.
- Becky Bieneman tied the school-record for goals in a game with four and matched the points mark with eight. Those records matched the 1997 standard set by Denise Serafin in a win over Howard University.
About The Hornets
- Delaware State recorded its first win of the 2017 season on Friday night with a 2-1 victory over Hampton University. Braxton Clark and Kalyn Fauntleroy scored for the Hornets, and Leslie Fazio made one save without yielding a goal in 71-plus minutes of action in goal.
- Clark and Fauntleroy are joined in the team-lead in goals (1) and points (2) with Kayleigh Leschinski, Daijah Norris and Julia Detwiler. Fazio has played all but 19 minutes of action in goal, accumulating a 2.61 goals-against average and.644 saves percentage.
- The Hornets are 1-10-1 overall this year.
Cabrera, DiMarco Tally Goals In Women's Soccer'...
Julianna Cabrera and Taylor DiMarco scored goals Monday night, and the Loyola women’s...
Rahe Named Patriot League Goalkeeper Of The Week
Loyola junior goalkeeper Sumer Rahe was named the Patriot League Goalkeeper of the Week on Monday...
Delaware State Hosts Women's Soccer Monday Night
Loyola women's soccer plays its final non-conference match of 2017 on Monday night when it heads ...
Rahe Backstops Women’s Soccer To 0-0 Tie ...
Loyola goalkeeper Sumer Rahe tied her career-high with eight saves Saturday afternoon, and she...
Soccer Doubleheader Kicks Off At Noon Saturday ...
Loyola women's soccer gets a Greyhounds doubleheader underway on Saturday at 12 noon when it...
Early Goal Holds Up For Army West Point Against...
Lauren McGovern scored off a corner kick in the game’s sixth minute Sunday, and the lone...
Army West Point Hosts Women's Soccer In Sunday ...
Loyola women's soccer heads to the Hudson Valley for a 2 p.m. match on Sunday, October 1, at Army...
Bison Down Women's Soccer In Patriot League...
Loyola women’s soccer opened its home Patriot League schedule on Wednesday night at Ridley ...
Wednesday, Oct 18 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE American Ridley Athletic Complex L, 2-1 Saturday, Oct 21 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lehigh Bethlehem, Pa. 5:00 PM Live Stats Saturday, Oct 28 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lafayette Ridley Athletic Complex 1:00 PM Tuesday, Oct 31 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Quarterfinals Higher Seed TBA Friday, Nov 3 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Semifinals Regular-Season Champion TBA Sunday, Nov 5 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Championship Game Regular-Season Champion TBA