Women's Soccer Hosts The United States Military Academy
Oct. 3, 2013
|Opponent||United States Military Academy Black Knights|
|Date||Saturday, October 5, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats |Free Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola University Maryland has made eight appearances in the NCAA College Cup, including last season as the Greyhounds traveled to Durham, N.C. to take on the Duke Blue Devils in the first round.
• The 2013 season marks Loyola’s inaugural season as a member of the Patriot League.
• Saturday, Sept. 21 was one for the record books. Loyola women’s soccer was the first program in Greyhound history to compete in a conference game as a member of the Patriot League. Holy Cross escaped Ridley Athletic Complex with a 1-0 victory, marking the first victory between the two teams.
Loyola Women’s Soccer
• The Greyhounds are 1-8-2 after a 2-1 loss to Bucknell University on Wednesday, Oct. 2.
• Seven of Loyola’s 11 games have been decided by one goal, including six of its eight losses.
• Sophomore Charlotte Miller leads the offense with two goals and 14 shot attempts, while redshirt senior Katelyn McFadden, sophomore Rosy Hayes and freshman Maddie Boccio have one goal and one assist each.
• In goal, both senior Didi Haracic and junior Colleen Folan have seen time. The two average a 1.52 GAA, while combining for a .778 save percentage.
• Haracic leads the Patriot League in saves per game, averaging 5.89 per contest.
Last Time Out
• Loyola dropped its second-consecutive road contest at Bucknell University, 2-1, on Wednesday, Oct. 2.
• Sophomore Rosy Hayes recorded her first collegiate goal, posting the lone point for the Greyhounds.
• The Bison scored both of their goals in the first 45 minutes, by junior Cassie Denger and senior Corey Tipton.
• Loyola took six of its 11 shots in the second half. Charlotte Miller and Melissa Lookingland attributed for four of the five shots on goal.
Scouting the Black Knights
• Army had its match, scheduled for October 2, versus Colgate University canceled, in accordance with a directive from the Department of Defense.
• Previously, Army fell to 5-5-1 on Saturday, Sept. 28, as fellow Patriot League newcomer, the Boston University Terriors, defeated the Black Knights, 1-0, in West Point, N.Y.
• Kimberly An leads Army with five goals and 12 points, while Katie Holder has three goals and seven points.
• Holder and An rank second and third, respectively, in shots recorded, while An takes the number two spot in points.
• In goal, Jordan Cassalia has started all 11 games, while Jessica McAllister played one game for the Black Knights. Cassalia recorded three shutouts this season, posting a 1.06 GAA and .774 save percentage.
• Army ranks third among the league in goals per game, boasting a 1.27 average, which it shares with Bucknell.
Series with the United States Military Academy
• Saturday’s matchup versus the Black Knights will mark the first meeting between the two teams.
• Loyola heads out on the road to play a pair of road games starting at Lehigh University on Saturday, Oct. 12.
Patriot League Women's Soccer Championships...
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team will host Colgate University Tuesday night for...
Hayes Named Patriot League Women’s Soccer...
Senior Rosy Hayes was named the Patriot League Offensive Player of the Year by a vote of the...
Holy Cross Too Much For Women's Soccer On...
The College of the Holy Cross converted an early penalty kick and later added an insurance goal...
Holy Cross Travels To Loyola For Women's Soccer...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team closes out the 2015 regular season on...
Ziff Earns Corvias Patriot League Rookie Of The...
Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer freshman Jourdan Ziff was named the Corvias...
Win At Colgate Clinches Patriot League...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team scored three-straight goals in the first...
Road Trip Continues For Women's Soccer, Loyola ...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team plays in its final Patriot League road...
Women's Soccer Drops Midweek Matchup At Bucknell
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team fell to Bucknell University, 2-0,...
There are no upcoming events.