Women's Soccer Hosts The United States Military Academy
Oct. 3, 2013
|Opponent||United States Military Academy Black Knights|
|Date||Saturday, October 5, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats |Free Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola University Maryland has made eight appearances in the NCAA College Cup, including last season as the Greyhounds traveled to Durham, N.C. to take on the Duke Blue Devils in the first round.
• The 2013 season marks Loyola’s inaugural season as a member of the Patriot League.
• Saturday, Sept. 21 was one for the record books. Loyola women’s soccer was the first program in Greyhound history to compete in a conference game as a member of the Patriot League. Holy Cross escaped Ridley Athletic Complex with a 1-0 victory, marking the first victory between the two teams.
Loyola Women’s Soccer
• The Greyhounds are 1-8-2 after a 2-1 loss to Bucknell University on Wednesday, Oct. 2.
• Seven of Loyola’s 11 games have been decided by one goal, including six of its eight losses.
• Sophomore Charlotte Miller leads the offense with two goals and 14 shot attempts, while redshirt senior Katelyn McFadden, sophomore Rosy Hayes and freshman Maddie Boccio have one goal and one assist each.
• In goal, both senior Didi Haracic and junior Colleen Folan have seen time. The two average a 1.52 GAA, while combining for a .778 save percentage.
• Haracic leads the Patriot League in saves per game, averaging 5.89 per contest.
Last Time Out
• Loyola dropped its second-consecutive road contest at Bucknell University, 2-1, on Wednesday, Oct. 2.
• Sophomore Rosy Hayes recorded her first collegiate goal, posting the lone point for the Greyhounds.
• The Bison scored both of their goals in the first 45 minutes, by junior Cassie Denger and senior Corey Tipton.
• Loyola took six of its 11 shots in the second half. Charlotte Miller and Melissa Lookingland attributed for four of the five shots on goal.
Scouting the Black Knights
• Army had its match, scheduled for October 2, versus Colgate University canceled, in accordance with a directive from the Department of Defense.
• Previously, Army fell to 5-5-1 on Saturday, Sept. 28, as fellow Patriot League newcomer, the Boston University Terriors, defeated the Black Knights, 1-0, in West Point, N.Y.
• Kimberly An leads Army with five goals and 12 points, while Katie Holder has three goals and seven points.
• Holder and An rank second and third, respectively, in shots recorded, while An takes the number two spot in points.
• In goal, Jordan Cassalia has started all 11 games, while Jessica McAllister played one game for the Black Knights. Cassalia recorded three shutouts this season, posting a 1.06 GAA and .774 save percentage.
• Army ranks third among the league in goals per game, boasting a 1.27 average, which it shares with Bucknell.
Series with the United States Military Academy
• Saturday’s matchup versus the Black Knights will mark the first meeting between the two teams.
• Loyola heads out on the road to play a pair of road games starting at Lehigh University on Saturday, Oct. 12.
Patriot League Network Features Three Green &...
Melanie Pellowski, the Patriot League Network's correspondent, highlights three Loyola University...
Women's Soccer Announces 2015 Winter Clinic
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer program announced that it will hold its first...
Women In Sports Day Set For January 31
Loyola University Maryland will host a celebration of women and their contributions to, and...
Folan Named All-Mid-Atlantic Second Team
Loyola University Maryland women's soccer senior Colleen Folan was named to the 2014 NCAA...
Men's And Women's Soccer Earn NSCAA Team...
The Loyola University Maryland men's and women's soccer teams were among 861 college soccer teams...
Folan Named To Academic All-Patriot League WSOC...
Loyola University Maryland women's soccer senior Colleen Folan was one of 11 student-athletes to ...
Women's Soccer Concludes Season In Patriot...
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team concluded it's first season under head coach...
Patriot League Quarterfinals Tuesday For Women'...
The sixth-seeded Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team travels to the United States...
There are no upcoming events.