Women's Soccer Hosts The United States Military Academy
Oct. 3, 2013
|Opponent||United States Military Academy Black Knights|
|Date||Saturday, October 5, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats |Free Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola University Maryland has made eight appearances in the NCAA College Cup, including last season as the Greyhounds traveled to Durham, N.C. to take on the Duke Blue Devils in the first round.
• The 2013 season marks Loyola’s inaugural season as a member of the Patriot League.
• Saturday, Sept. 21 was one for the record books. Loyola women’s soccer was the first program in Greyhound history to compete in a conference game as a member of the Patriot League. Holy Cross escaped Ridley Athletic Complex with a 1-0 victory, marking the first victory between the two teams.
Loyola Women’s Soccer
• The Greyhounds are 1-8-2 after a 2-1 loss to Bucknell University on Wednesday, Oct. 2.
• Seven of Loyola’s 11 games have been decided by one goal, including six of its eight losses.
• Sophomore Charlotte Miller leads the offense with two goals and 14 shot attempts, while redshirt senior Katelyn McFadden, sophomore Rosy Hayes and freshman Maddie Boccio have one goal and one assist each.
• In goal, both senior Didi Haracic and junior Colleen Folan have seen time. The two average a 1.52 GAA, while combining for a .778 save percentage.
• Haracic leads the Patriot League in saves per game, averaging 5.89 per contest.
Last Time Out
• Loyola dropped its second-consecutive road contest at Bucknell University, 2-1, on Wednesday, Oct. 2.
• Sophomore Rosy Hayes recorded her first collegiate goal, posting the lone point for the Greyhounds.
• The Bison scored both of their goals in the first 45 minutes, by junior Cassie Denger and senior Corey Tipton.
• Loyola took six of its 11 shots in the second half. Charlotte Miller and Melissa Lookingland attributed for four of the five shots on goal.
Scouting the Black Knights
• Army had its match, scheduled for October 2, versus Colgate University canceled, in accordance with a directive from the Department of Defense.
• Previously, Army fell to 5-5-1 on Saturday, Sept. 28, as fellow Patriot League newcomer, the Boston University Terriors, defeated the Black Knights, 1-0, in West Point, N.Y.
• Kimberly An leads Army with five goals and 12 points, while Katie Holder has three goals and seven points.
• Holder and An rank second and third, respectively, in shots recorded, while An takes the number two spot in points.
• In goal, Jordan Cassalia has started all 11 games, while Jessica McAllister played one game for the Black Knights. Cassalia recorded three shutouts this season, posting a 1.06 GAA and .774 save percentage.
• Army ranks third among the league in goals per game, boasting a 1.27 average, which it shares with Bucknell.
Series with the United States Military Academy
• Saturday’s matchup versus the Black Knights will mark the first meeting between the two teams.
• Loyola heads out on the road to play a pair of road games starting at Lehigh University on Saturday, Oct. 12.
Women's Soccer Drops Afternoon Match To Monmouth
In a match that was rescheduled for Tuesday morning due to lightning delays the night before,...
Loyola-Monmouth Women's Soccer Rescheduled For ...
Loyola University Maryland's women's soccer game against Monmouth University has been rescheduled...
Delaware Escapes Women's Soccer Late In Double OT
Natalie Zelensky scored in the 108th minute to lift the University of Delaware to a season-openin...
Women's Soccer Opens 2015 Season Friday, Hosts ...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team kicks off the 2015 season with a home...
Women's Soccer Picked Sixth In Patriot League...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team was picked to finish sixth in the 2015...
Women's Soccer Hosts Monmouth Monday Night
Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer will play in its second home game in four days,...
Women's Soccer Announces 2015 Schedule
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team has announced its 16-game 2015 schedule,...
Women's Soccer Announces Summer ID Camp
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer program has announced that it will hold its Summer ...
Friday, Sept 4 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Saint Francis (Pa.) Loretto, Pa. 4:00 PM Friday, Sept 11 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE UMBC Catonsville, Md. 7:30 PM Sunday, Sept 13 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Towson Emmitsburg, Md. 12:00 PM Saturday, Sept 19 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lafayette Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Saturday, Sept 26 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Annapolis, Md. 5:30 PM Wednesday, Sept 30 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE American Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video