Bison Take On Women's Soccer In Wednesday Night Matchup
Oct. 1, 2013
|Date||Wednesday, October 2, 2013|
|Location||Lewisburg, Pa. | Emmitt Field at Holmes Stadium|
|Online Media||Live Stats |Free Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola University Maryland has made eight appearances in the NCAA College Cup, including last season as the Greyhounds traveled to Durham, N.C. to take on the Duke Blue Devils in the first round.
• The 2013 season marks Loyola’s inaugural season as a member of the Patriot League.
• Saturday, Sept. 21 was one for the record books. Loyola women’s soccer was the first program in Greyhound history to compete in a conference game as a member of the Patriot League. The Crusaders escaped Ridley Athletic Complex with a 1-0 victory, leading the series between the two teams.
Loyola Women’s Soccer
• The Greyhounds are 1-7-2 after a 3-0 loss to Colgate University on Saturday, Sept. 28.
• Six of Loyola’s 10 games have been decided by one goal.
• Sophomore Charlotte Miller leads the offense with two goals and 14 shot attempts, while redshirt senior Katelyn McFadden and freshman Maddie Boccio have one goal and one assist each.
• In goal, both senior Didi Haracic and junior Colleen Folan have seen time. The two average a 1.48 GAA, while combining for a .775 save percentage.
Last Time Out
• Loyola dropped its second Patriot League contest of the season in a 3-0 loss against the Colgate Raiders, Saturday, Sept. 28, in Hamilton, N.Y.
• The Greyhounds recorded five of their six shots in the final 13 minutes of regulation.
• The Raiders scored all three goals in the first half, including one from last week’s Rookie of the Week, Sarah Coy.
• In goal, Didi Haracic played all 90 minutes and tabbed four saves for the Greyhounds.
Scouting the Bison
• Bucknell improved to 4-6 on Friday, Sept. 27, as the Bison notched their first Patriot League win of the season, 3-2, in overtime versus the Lehigh Mountain Hawks.
• Chelsey Garkowski and Sarah Bresette lead Bucknell with three goals and six points, while Liz Dwornik also combined for six points with one goal and four assists. Garkowski leads the league in shots per game, averaging 2.9 attempts per contest. Dwornik also placing her name amongst the top of the leader board, with four assists in seven contests.
• In goal, Jessie Ashworth has played all 10 games for the Bison, while Jessica Ratner and Dana Calderone have eached played one game. Ashworth recorded three shutouts this season, posting a 1.74 GAA and .779 save percentage. Her 60 saves lead the Patriot League for the 2013 season.
• Bucknell ranks third among the league with 152 shots and 12 assists.
Series with Bucknell
• On Sept. 21, 2008, the Greyhounds tied Bucknell 2-2, and Loyola forward Theresa Ferraina scored the game-tying goal with just over 10 minutes left in regulation.
• The Bison took a 2-0 lead in the first 33 minutes, but Loyola chipped away and controlled much of the second half and overtime.
• The Greyhounds are 1-0-1 when playing in Lewisburg, Pa.
• Loyola returns to the night lights of Ridlely Athletic Complex, as the Greyhounds host Army on Saturday, Oct. 5 at 7 p.m.
Women's Soccer Welcomes Nine To Class of 2020
Loyola University Maryland women's soccer head coach Naomi Meiburger has announced the addition...
71 Student-Athletes Named To Fall Patriot...
Loyola University Maryland placed 71 student-athletes on their respective sports' Patriot League ...
Four Greyhounds Named To MAAC 35th Anniversary ...
Four former Loyola University Maryland men's and women's soccer players were included on the...
Women In Sports Day Set For February 21
Loyola University Maryland will host a celebration of women and their contributions to, and...
Hayes Named To All-ECAC First Team
Loyola University Maryland senior Rosy Hayes was named to the Eastern College Athletic Conference...
Hayes Named To All-Mid-Atlantic Region Second Team
Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer senior Rosy Hayes was named to the 2015 NCAA...
BU Edges Women's Soccer, 2-1, In Patriot League...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team saw its season come to a close Friday,...
Women's Soccer Faces BU In Patriot League...
The fourth-seeded Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team will make its first appearance...
There are no upcoming events.