Army West Point Hosts Women's Soccer In Sunday Matinee
|Opponent||Army West Point|
|Date||Sunday, October 1, 2017|
|Location||West Point, N.Y. | Clinton Field|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Live Stats||Click Here|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Quick Hits About The ’Hounds
- Loyola University Maryland makes the trek to the Hudson Valley for its next Patriot League contest on Sunday, October 1, at the U.S. Military Aacdemy.
- The Greyhounds had played six-straight road games from August 27-September 22 before hosting Bucknell University on Wednesday.
- Army West Point leads the all-time series, 2-1-1, against Loyola with all of the matches coming since the Greyhounds joined the Patriot League in 2013. The teams have traded wins each of the last two seasons with Loyola winning, 1-0, in 2015 and the Black Knights taking a 2-1 decision in 2016.q
- Julianna Cabrera is tied for second in the Patriot League in assists this season with three total.
- Cabrerea has had a foot in all but one of Loyola’s goal this season, assisting on three and scoring another.
- Mary Theresa Corcoran is tied for 11th in the conference in overall goals scored (two), and her two game-winning goals are good for a tie for third. Her winners are tied for 68th nationally.
- The 2017 season is the Greyhounds’ fifth as members of the Patriot League. Loyola joined the conference prior to the 2013-2014 academic year.
- This season is the Greyhounds’ eighth with Ridley Athletic Complex as their home. Loyola began playing soccer at the stadium in 2010 and has a 30-23-11 record there.
Last Time Out
- Loyola opened its home Patriot League schedule on Wednesday night at Ridley Athletic Complex, but Bucknell ended the night with a 3-0 win.
- Bison forward Kendall Ham found the net during the 38th minute of play off an assist from Alexandra Catanzarite, putting the Bison on the board for their first goal of the night. Jackie Ham made it a 2-0 game in the second half with 17:55 left in the second as she served the ball over the defenders for a goal.
- Gabby Bair finished the Bison’s scoring five minutes later as she tapped in Maddie Dano’s 25-yard free kick.
- Loyola had two sharp offensive chances midway through the first half, the first coming on a 35-plus yard free kick by goalkeeper Sumer Rahe that was saved by Bucknell’s Dani Kaufman. Shortly thereafter, Kaufman saved a shot by Casey McKenzie to thwart a Loyola chance.
- Bucknell had a narrow 6-4 advantage in shots, and goalie Summer Rahe ended with one save on the night for the Greyhound.
Cabrera, DiMarco Tally Goals In Women's Soccer'...
Julianna Cabrera and Taylor DiMarco scored goals Monday night, and the Loyola women’s...
Rahe Named Patriot League Goalkeeper Of The Week
Loyola junior goalkeeper Sumer Rahe was named the Patriot League Goalkeeper of the Week on Monday...
Delaware State Hosts Women's Soccer Monday Night
Loyola women's soccer plays its final non-conference match of 2017 on Monday night when it heads ...
Rahe Backstops Women’s Soccer To 0-0 Tie ...
Loyola goalkeeper Sumer Rahe tied her career-high with eight saves Saturday afternoon, and she...
Soccer Doubleheader Kicks Off At Noon Saturday ...
Loyola women's soccer gets a Greyhounds doubleheader underway on Saturday at 12 noon when it...
Early Goal Holds Up For Army West Point Against...
Lauren McGovern scored off a corner kick in the game’s sixth minute Sunday, and the lone...
Army West Point Hosts Women's Soccer In Sunday ...
Loyola women's soccer heads to the Hudson Valley for a 2 p.m. match on Sunday, October 1, at Army...
Bison Down Women's Soccer In Patriot League...
Loyola women’s soccer opened its home Patriot League schedule on Wednesday night at Ridley ...
Wednesday, Oct 18 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE American Ridley Athletic Complex L, 2-1 Saturday, Oct 21 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lehigh Bethlehem, Pa. 5:00 PM Live Stats Saturday, Oct 28 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lafayette Ridley Athletic Complex 1:00 PM Tuesday, Oct 31 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Quarterfinals Higher Seed TBA Friday, Nov 3 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Semifinals Regular-Season Champion TBA Sunday, Nov 5 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Championship Game Regular-Season Champion TBA