Colgate Hosts Women's Soccer Saturday In Hamilton
Sept. 27, 2013
|Date||Saturday, September 28, 2013|
|Location||Hamilton, N.Y. | Van Doren Field|
|Online Media||Live Stats |Free Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola University Maryland has made eight appearances in the NCAA College Cup, including last season as the Greyhounds traveled to Durham, N.C. to take on the Duke Blue Devils in the first round.
• The 2013 season marks Loyola’s inaugural season as a member of the Patriot League.
• Saturday, Sept. 21 was one for the record books. Loyola women’s soccer was the first program in Greyhound history to compete in a conference game as a member of the Patriot League. The Crusaders escaped Ridley Athletic Complex with a 1-0 victory, leading the series between the two teams.
Loyola Women’s Soccer
• The Greyhounds are 1-6-2 after a double-overtime tie at George Washington, ending their non-conference schedule 1-5-2.
• Six of Loyola’s nine games have been decided by one goal.
• Sophomore Charlotte Miller leads the offense with two goals and 14 shot attempts, while redshirt senior Katelyn McFadden and freshman Maddie Boccio have one goal and one assist each.
• In goal, both senior Didi Haracic and junior Colleen Folan have seen time. The two average a 1.33 GAA, while combining for a .797 save percentage.
Last Time Out
• Loyola recorded its second tie of the season in a double-overtime matchup against the George Washington Colonials, Tuesday, Sept. 24 in Washington, D.C.
• Freshman Maddie Boccio recorded her first collegiate goal in the 77th minute dribbling past three Colonial defenders to find the back of the net. The goal tied the score 1-1.
• George Washington put the first point on the board, with an own goal in the 16th minute.
• Didi Haracic played 110 minutes in goal for the Greyhounds, recording four saves in the final non-conference match of her career.
Scouting the Raiders
• Colgate improved to 5-3 on Saturday, Sept. 24, as the Raiders notched their first Patriot League win of the season.
• Chelsea Roche, Emily Manoogian, Klara Jenkins and Sarah Coy all scored goals in the Raiders’, 4-1, victory, helping Head Coach Kathy Brawn record her 100th Patriot League regular-season triumph.
• Caroline Brawner leads the Raiders with three goals and seven points, while Manooglan, Coy, Roche, and Sidney Parodie have two goals each.
• In goal, Brenna Mason, Erin Cummings and Emma Giegerich have seen time in goal for Colgate. The goalkeepers average a 0.730 GAA and a .800 save percentage.
Series with Colgate
• Saturday’s matchup versus the Raiders will mark the first meeting between the two teams.
• Loyola wraps up its trio of road games as the Greyhounds travel to Bucknell University on Wednesday, Oct. 2 for a 7 p.m. matchup.
• The contest with the Bison will mark Loyola’s third Patriot League game of all-time.
Patriot League Women's Soccer Championships...
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team will host Colgate University Tuesday night for...
Hayes Named Patriot League Women’s Soccer...
Senior Rosy Hayes was named the Patriot League Offensive Player of the Year by a vote of the...
Holy Cross Too Much For Women's Soccer On...
The College of the Holy Cross converted an early penalty kick and later added an insurance goal...
Holy Cross Travels To Loyola For Women's Soccer...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team closes out the 2015 regular season on...
Ziff Earns Corvias Patriot League Rookie Of The...
Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer freshman Jourdan Ziff was named the Corvias...
Win At Colgate Clinches Patriot League...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team scored three-straight goals in the first...
Road Trip Continues For Women's Soccer, Loyola ...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team plays in its final Patriot League road...
Women's Soccer Drops Midweek Matchup At Bucknell
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team fell to Bucknell University, 2-0,...
There are no upcoming events.