Sept. 26, 2012
• The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team finished its regular-season non-conference schedule with a 4-3-3 record.
Scouting the Gaels
• Iona wrapped up its non-conference schedule with a 2-5-2 record.
• The Gaels have been out-scored so far this season, 11-6, with Sofia Sanchez leading the team with two goals and one assist. Leah Taylor has a team-best two assists to go with one goal, while three other Gaels have registered one goal.
• Goalkeeper Trista Rivera has played all 869 minutes, posting a 1.14 goals-against average, while she has also stopped 52 shots for a .825 save percentage.
Series with Iona
• Loyola is 19-2-2 all-time against Iona.
• Loyola had won 19 straight over Iona until last year when the Gaels edged the Greyhounds in a double-overtime thriller.
• The Greyhounds have outscored the Gaels 12-1 in the last three meetings.
Scouting the Stags
• Fairfield concluded its non-conference schedule with a 3-3-2 record.
• Shannon Fay leads the attack with two goals, while Kathleen Early anchors the defense with a 0.71 goals-against average and a .889 save percentage.
Series with Fairfield
• This will be the 32nd meeting between the Greyhounds and Stags, with Loyola holding a 15-8-8 advantage in the all-time series.
• The Greyhounds are 3-0-2 in the last five games against Fairfield.
• Last season, the Greyhounds and Stags tied, 0-0.
• The Stags last beat the Greyhounds in the semifinals of the MAAC Championship on Nov. 9, 2008. Fairfield’s last regular-season victory over Loyola was on Oct. 19, 2001.
• The Greyhounds head on the road for three-straight games at Saint Peter’s, Manhattan and Rider. Loyola will begin with the Peacocks on Friday, Oct. 5 (7 p.m.) and then head to the Jaspers on Sunday, Oct. 7 (1 p.m.).
The Last Meeting
October 23, 2011
New Rochelle, N.Y.
Iona Tops Loyola, 1-0, In Double Overtime
Katie Higgins scored on a header in the 102nd minute as Iona topped the Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team, 1-0, in double overtime on Sunday afternoon in New Rochelle, N.Y.
The Last Meeting
October 21, 2011