Women's Soccer Returns To Ridley Wednesday Night Versus Bucknell
|Date||Wednesday, September 27, 2017|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Television||Stadium (click for details)|
|Watch||Patriot League Network | Watch on Twitter|
|Live Stats||Click Here|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Quick Hits About The 'Hounds
- Loyola University Maryland women's soccer returns to Ridley Athletic Complex for the first time this month for a 7 p.m. contest against Bucknell University on Wednesday, September 27.
- The Greyhounds played six-straight road games following their 1-0 double-overtime win against Seton Hall University on Thursday, August 24.
- As part of Wednesday's game, Loyola is hosting a Go4TheGoal fundraiser to raise funds and awareness for pediatric cancer research. The non-profit foundation helps children with cancer achieve their goals.
- Julianna Cabrera is tied for second in the Patriot League in assists this season with three total.
- Cabrerea has had a foot in all but one of Loyola's goal this season, assisting on three and scoring another.
- Mary Theresa Corcoran is tied for 10th in the conference in overall goals scored (two), and her two game-winning goals are good for a tie for third. Her winners are tied for 68th nationally.
- The 2017 season is the Greyhounds' fifth as members of the Patriot League. Loyola joined the conference prior to the 2013-2014 academic year.
- This season is the Greyhounds' eighth with Ridley Athletic Complex as their home. Loyola began playing soccer at the stadium in 2010 and has a 30-22-11 record there.
Last Time Out
- After a scoreless first half, Navy scored three times in the first 11 minutes of the second half Friday night, en route to a 4-0 Patriot League victory at the Glenn Warner Soccer Facility.
- Sumer Rahe made six first-half saves in goal for the Greyhounds, but Navy came out strong to start the second 45 minutes.
- Karli Sottung put the Midshipmen on the board at 48:03, collecting a rebound and scoring in front of the net. Ash Fairow then made it a 2-0 game 5:16 later when she headed in a goal off assists by Cadie Higginson and Clare Macadam.
- Meghan Hegarty added to the Navy lead less than three minutes later, driving in a header off a Megan Rogers volley. Eleanor Pratt finished the Midshipmen's scoring with a penalty-kick goal at 77:20.
- Rahe finished with eight saves for the Greyhounds.
- Loyola and Bucknell will meet for the ninth time overall, and the fifth time as Patriot League foes, when the teams take the field on Wednesday night at Ridley Athletic Complex.
- The Greyhounds won the first three meetings, the last coming in a 2-1 decision on Diane Geppi-Aikens Field in 2007. The teams played to a 2-2 tie the following year and then did not meet again until 2013, Loyola's first year in the Patriot League. Bucknell has won all four meetings between the teams as conference foes.
- Last year, Bucknell left Ridley with a 3-0 victory. Despite giving up three first-half goals, the Greyhounds held the Bison without a shot or a corner kick throughout the entire second half. Bucknell's Jessica Ratner saved a pair of free kicks from senior Nicole Wahlig though, including a phenomenal diving stop in the 85th minute, to preserve the shutout.
- Alexis Gannon got the Bison on the board in the 11th minute when she slipped a shot on the run under diving Loyola goalkeeper Sumer Rahe. Bucknell added to its advantage in the 28th minute when Kendall Hamm one-touched a pass from Maddie Mulford away from an oncoming defender and placed the ball into the top-left corner of the goal. Gabby Bair followed that up by chipping a shot over Rahe in the 37th minute to give the Bison a 3-0 advantage at the break.
- Both teams tallied 10 shots in the game, while Bucknell held a 4-2 advantage in corner kicks.
About The Bison
- Bucknell, which was picked second behind Boston University in the Patriot League Preseason Poll, enters Wednesday night's game with a 2-0-0 conference record and a 5-5-0 overall record. The Bison have not allowed a goal in two Patriot League games, blanking Lafayette College, 1-0, and American University, 4-0.
- The Bison won the 2016 Patriot League Championship.
- Kendall Ham and Meghan Holtz lead Bucknell with seven points each, both having scored twice and assisted on three goals. Gabi Rosenfeld tops the team with three goals.
- Dani Kaufman has played all but 19 minutes in goal for Bucknell and owns a 1.22 goals-against average and .826 saves percentage.
Having A Foot In (Almost) Everything
- Julianna Cabrera has been involved in all but one of Loyola's five goals this season, assisting on three via the distribution end of corner kicks and scoring her first goal of the season in the first half at St. John's.
- Cabrera, who is the Greyhounds' primary player on set pieces, entered the season with just one assist - coming in her freshman season of 2015 - but she has tripled that with three through seven games in 2017.
- With Wednesday's game against Bucknell, Loyola will play three of the top four teams int he 2017 Patriot League Preseason Poll. The Greyhounds started their conference slate at Colgate (picked fourth), followed by last Friday's contest at Navy (third) and the tilt versus the Bison (second).
First Time For Everything
- Claire Beath and Hannah Hoefs both registered career firsts in the second half of Loyola's Patriot League opener at Colgate. Beath's goal in the 55th minute was her first as a collegian, and Hoefs was on the assisting end for the first time as a collegian.
Leopards Edge Women's Soccer In Season Finale
The Loyola women’s soccer team closed out its season with strong effort, but fell short to ...
Gray Joins Women's Soccer As Transfer From...
Maryland native Julia Gray (Owings Md./Northern High School) will join the Loyola University...
Watch Final Construction Of The Air Dome At...
Loyola University Maryland will raise the Air Dome at Ridley Athletic Complex's Sean Lugano...
Loyola Athletics Ranks Seventh In NCAA's...
Loyola University Maryland continued its outstanding performance in the NCAA's Graduation Success...
Leopards Edge Women's Soccer In Season Finale
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team closed out its season with strong effort, but ...
Women's Soccer To Celebrate Senior Day Before...
Loyola women's soccer will honor its Class of 2018 – Alyssa Bonnesen and Lauryn Davidson ...
Mountain Hawks Get Past Women’s Soccer
Lehigh scored two goals in the final 21 minutes Saturday, and the Mountain Hawks defeated...
Ensor Scores First Career Goal, But Eagles Top ...
Sarah Ensor scored her first collegiate goal Wednesday night, but Loyola women’s soccer was...
There are no upcoming events.