Women's Soccer Travels To Annapolis To Face Navy On Friday
|Date||Friday, September 22, 2017|
|Location||Annapolis, Md. | Glenn Warner Soccer Facility|
|Getting There||Directions | Naval Academy Access Guide|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Live Stats||Click Here|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Quick Hits About The 'Hounds
Last Time Out
- Claire Beath scored her first collegiate goal Saturday, but Colgate topped Loyola, 3-1, in the teams' Patriot League opener at Beyer-Small Field.
- Colgate put up a pair of goals in the match's first 26 minutes, getting on the board after 6:37. Emily Crichlow centered a ball from the right side of the box, and Mara Cosentino put in a one-touch finish.
- Crichlow added a second goal for the Raiders at 25:10 when she used a Martina Loncar assist to volley in a shot.
- Colgate tagged on a third goal before halftime at 42:17 as Shannon Pawlak tallied a score from 35 yards out.
- Loyola got on the board early in the second half as Claire Beath recorded her first collegiate goal. Hannah Hoefs won the ball and slipped a pass to Beath at the top of the box where she finished for the Greyhounds.
- The assist was also the first as a collegian for Hoefs.
- Sumer Rahe finished with six saves in goal for Loyola.
- Loyola and Navy will meet for the 13th time as women's soccer opponents when the teams take the field on Friday night. The Midshipmen lead the all-time series between the programs, 6-3-2.
- Loyola won the first two meetings in 1993 and 1994, shutting out the Midshipmen, 2-0 and 3-0, respectively. The Greyhounds went on to drop the next five matches, before ending the 2014 season's regular season matchup in a draw. The two teams met again in the quarterfinals of the 2014 Patriot League Tournament, where Navy defeated Loyola, 4-1. Last season's match between the two teams ended in a 2-2 draw.
- The Greyhounds won the 2016 Patriot League regular-season meeting on September 24 when Casey McKenzie scored in the second overtime period to give Loyola a 2-1 victory. Morgan Crable broke up a Navy counterattack attempt midway through the second overtime, and Alice Regan sent a long pass ahead to McKenzie who played give-and-go with Jourdan Ziff. McKenzie's hard, low shot from 30 yards in front of the goal after a Ziff feed went in for the game-winner.
- Earlier in the match, Ziff was on the scoring end of a McKenzie pass to put Loyola in front, 1-0. Cadie Higgison equalized for the Midshipmen in the 85th minute, forcing overtime.
About The Midshipmen
- Navy has played more matches (11) than any other Patriot League this season and is 8-3-0 overall entering Friday's game. After opening the 2017 season with a pair of losses, 1-0 to Tennessee and 3-0 at Maryland, the MIdshipmen have won eight of nine contests with a pair of four-game winning streaks sandwiching a 7-0 loss at Stanford.
- On Monday, they dropped Howard, 6-0, after defeating Holy Cross, 2-1, in their Patriot League opener on Friday, September 15.
- Eleanor Pratt and Ash Fairow are first and second, respectively, in the Patriot League in points with 15 and nine. Pratt leads the conference with seven goals, and Fairow is second with four.
- Sydney Forston has played nearly 900 minutes in goal for Navy and has a 1.31 goals-against average.
Having A Foot In (Almost) Everything
- Julianna Cabrera has been involved in all but one of Loyola's five goals this season, assisting on three via the distribution end of corner kicks and scoring her first goal of the season in the first half at St. John's.
- Cabrera, who is the Greyhounds' primary player on set pieces, entered the season with just one assist - coming in her freshman season of 2015 - but she has tripled that with three through seven games in 2017.
- Mary Theresa Corcoran scored her first collegiate goal on August 24 less than four minutes into overtime against Seton Hall, lifting Loyola to a 1-0 win.
- She tallied her second game-winner of the season in another overtime game on August 31 at UMBC. This time, she drilled a header in the second overtime period to push the Greyhounds to a 1-0 victory.
- Corcoran took nine shots as a freshman in 2016 and had an assist, but the goal against the Pirates was her first for Loyola.
First Time For Everything
- Claire Beath and Hannah Hoefs both registered career firsts in the second half of Loyola's Patriot League opener at Colgate. Beath's goal in the 55th minute was her first as a collegian, and Hoefs was on the assisting end for the first time as a collegian.
Ensor Scores First Career Goal, But Eagles Top ...
Sarah Ensor scored her first collegiate goal Wednesday night, but Loyola women’s soccer was...
Women's Soccer Returns To Ridley Wednesday...
Loyola women's soccer returns to Ridley Athletic Complex on Wednesday night to host American at 7...
Final Regular-Season Road Trip Takes Women's...
Loyola women's soccer will take its final regular-season road trip of 2017 when it visits Lehigh ...
Boston University Gets Past Women's Soccer
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team dropped a 3-0 decision to Boston...
Boston University, Women's Soccer Meet Saturday...
Loyola women's soccer starts a stretch of four-straight Patriot League games to end the regular-s...
Cabrera, DiMarco Tally Goals In Women's Soccer'...
Julianna Cabrera and Taylor DiMarco scored goals Monday night, and the Loyola women’s...
Rahe Named Patriot League Goalkeeper Of The Week
Loyola junior goalkeeper Sumer Rahe was named the Patriot League Goalkeeper of the Week on Monday...
Delaware State Hosts Women's Soccer Monday Night
Loyola women's soccer plays its final non-conference match of 2017 on Monday night when it heads ...
There are no upcoming events.