Women's Soccer Opens Patriot League Play Hosting Holy Cross
Sept. 19, 2013
|Opponent||Holy Cross Crusaders|
|Date||Saturday, September 21, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats |Free Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola University Maryland has made eight appearances in the NCAA College Cup, including last season as the Greyhounds traveled to Durham, N.C. to take on the Duke Blue Devils in the first round.
• The 2013 season marks Loyola’s inaugural season as a member of the Patriot League.
• Saturday’s matchup between Loyola and the Holy Cross Crusaders will become one for the record books. Women’s soccer will be the first program in Loyola history to compete in a conference game as a member of the Patriot League.
Last Time Out
• Loyola dropped to 1-5-1 on Tuesday, Sept. 17, losing a double-overtime matchup against the George Mason Patriots.
• For the third time this season, the Greyhounds played 100-plus minutes of soccer, going 0-2-1 in those contests.
• In the 102nd minute, a Loyola defender deflected a pass right to the feet of the Patriots’ midfielder Emma Stone, who blasted a shot from 14 yards out into the back of the net.
• Senior Didi Haracic ended the night with nine saves, one shy of her season-high 10 at Delaware on September 6.
Scouting the Crusaders
• Holy Cross dropped to 0-5-2 after three matchups last week.
• The Crusaders are looking for their first win of the 2013 season.
• The fellow Patriot League school went 0-2-1 last week, with losses to Bryant on Tuesday, Sept. 10 (1-0) and former Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference-foe Fairfield, Sunday, Sept. 15 (2-1, OT). Holy Cross recorded its first tie of the season with a scoreless draw versus the Hartford Hawks on on Friday, Sept. 13. Both Friday and Sunday’s games were part of the Fairfield Invitational.
• Ally Pasquariello, Gina Righini, and Megan Greineder were named to the 2013 Fairfield Invitational All-Tournament Team.
• Pasquariello leads Holy Cross with one goal, while Christina Napolitano has recorded the most opportunites with six shots on goal this season.
• In goal, Carly McCabe has played all 673 minutes. McCabe has has allowed seven goals and stopped 27 shots for a .794 save percentage.
Series with Holy Cross
• Saturday’s matchup versus the Crusadors will mark the first meeting between Holy Cross and Loyola.
• Loyola sets out for a trio of road games to finish up the 2013 non-conference schedule. The Greyhounds will first travel to George Washington University on Tuesday, Sept. 24 for a 7 p.m. matchup.
Women's Soccer Welcomes Nine To Class of 2020
Loyola University Maryland women's soccer head coach Naomi Meiburger has announced the addition...
71 Student-Athletes Named To Fall Patriot...
Loyola University Maryland placed 71 student-athletes on their respective sports' Patriot League ...
Four Greyhounds Named To MAAC 35th Anniversary ...
Four former Loyola University Maryland men's and women's soccer players were included on the...
Women In Sports Day Set For February 21
Loyola University Maryland will host a celebration of women and their contributions to, and...
Hayes Named To All-ECAC First Team
Loyola University Maryland senior Rosy Hayes was named to the Eastern College Athletic Conference...
Hayes Named To All-Mid-Atlantic Region Second Team
Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer senior Rosy Hayes was named to the 2015 NCAA...
BU Edges Women's Soccer, 2-1, In Patriot League...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team saw its season come to a close Friday,...
Women's Soccer Faces BU In Patriot League...
The fourth-seeded Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team will make its first appearance...
There are no upcoming events.