Sept. 19, 2012
• The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team is 4-2-2 in its first eight games of the 2012 season and is on a one-game win streak.
• In the NSCAA regional rankings, the Greyhounds are ranked 10th in the Northeast Region, with Stony Brook eighth.
Scouting the Seawolves
• Stony Brook (6-2-1) is coming off a 2-0 week behind the play of America East Player of the Week Sa’sha Kershaw, who scored the game-winning goals in wins over Manhattan and Lehigh.
• Kershaw leads the team with four goals and nine points through nine games, while Larissa Nysch and Tessa Devereaux share the team lead with three assists each.
• In goal, Ashley Castanio has played all 833 minutes, posting a 0.97 goals-against average. She has also stopped 42 shots for a .824 save percentage.
Series with Stony Brook
• The Greyhounds and Seawolves have only met once in women’s soccer; on Oct. 17, 1999.
• Loyola scored in overtime to knock off Stony Brook in the lone meeting between the two programs.
Scouting the Rams
• Fordham (2-6-0) is in the middle of a five-game home stretch which began with a 3-0 loss to Dartmouth. The Rams will also face Fairfield on Friday before taking on the Greyhounds Sunday.
• Kristina Maksuti lead the team with two goals and four points, while Kaitlyn Carballeira has one goal and one assist.
• In goal, Ally White and Rachel Suther have split time, with White posting a 1.33 goals-against average and Suther allowing 2.57 goals per game. White has stopped 21 shots for a .778 save percentage, while Suther has turned back 23 shots, 71.9 percent.
Series with Fordham
• This will mark the first time the Greyhounds and Rams have met in women’s soccer action.
Last Time Out
• Nichole Schiro and Charlotte Miller connected twice in a 3-2 double-overtime win versus Saint Joseph’s, including the game-winner in the 109th minute.
• Didi Haracic made six saves in the win for the Greyhounds, including two in overtime.
MAAC Players of the Week
• Nichole Schiro was named the MAAC Offensive Player of the Week on Monday, Sept. 17 after scoring two goals in Loyola’s 3-2 double-overtime win vs. Saint Joseph’s.
• The Greyhounds return home to open Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference play next weekend. Loyola will host Iona Friday, Sept. 28 at 7 p.m., and Fairfield Sunday, Sept. 30 at 1 p.m.