Greyhounds Head To New York For Pair Of Matches
Sept. 19, 2012
|Opponent||Stony Brook Seawolves|
|Date||Friday, September 21, 2012|
|Location||Stony Brook, New York|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Date||Sunday, September 23, 2012|
|Location||Bronx, New York|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
• The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team is 4-2-2 in its first eight games of the 2012 season and is on a one-game win streak.
• In the NSCAA regional rankings, the Greyhounds are ranked 10th in the Northeast Region, with Stony Brook eighth.
Scouting the Seawolves
• Stony Brook (6-2-1) is coming off a 2-0 week behind the play of America East Player of the Week Sa’sha Kershaw, who scored the game-winning goals in wins over Manhattan and Lehigh.
• Kershaw leads the team with four goals and nine points through nine games, while Larissa Nysch and Tessa Devereaux share the team lead with three assists each.
• In goal, Ashley Castanio has played all 833 minutes, posting a 0.97 goals-against average. She has also stopped 42 shots for a .824 save percentage.
Series with Stony Brook
• The Greyhounds and Seawolves have only met once in women’s soccer; on Oct. 17, 1999.
• Loyola scored in overtime to knock off Stony Brook in the lone meeting between the two programs.
Scouting the Rams
• Fordham (2-6-0) is in the middle of a five-game home stretch which began with a 3-0 loss to Dartmouth. The Rams will also face Fairfield on Friday before taking on the Greyhounds Sunday.
• Kristina Maksuti lead the team with two goals and four points, while Kaitlyn Carballeira has one goal and one assist.
• In goal, Ally White and Rachel Suther have split time, with White posting a 1.33 goals-against average and Suther allowing 2.57 goals per game. White has stopped 21 shots for a .778 save percentage, while Suther has turned back 23 shots, 71.9 percent.
Series with Fordham
• This will mark the first time the Greyhounds and Rams have met in women’s soccer action.
Last Time Out
• Nichole Schiro and Charlotte Miller connected twice in a 3-2 double-overtime win versus Saint Joseph’s, including the game-winner in the 109th minute.
• Didi Haracic made six saves in the win for the Greyhounds, including two in overtime.
MAAC Players of the Week
• Nichole Schiro was named the MAAC Offensive Player of the Week on Monday, Sept. 17 after scoring two goals in Loyola’s 3-2 double-overtime win vs. Saint Joseph’s.
• The Greyhounds return home to open Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference play next weekend. Loyola will host Iona Friday, Sept. 28 at 7 p.m., and Fairfield Sunday, Sept. 30 at 1 p.m.
Women In Sports Day Set For January 31
Loyola University Maryland will host a celebration of women and their contributions to, and...
Folan Named All-Mid-Atlantic Second Team
Loyola University Maryland women's soccer senior Colleen Folan was named to the 2014 NCAA...
Men's And Women's Soccer Earn NSCAA Team...
The Loyola University Maryland men's and women's soccer teams were among 861 college soccer teams...
Folan Named To Academic All-Patriot League WSOC...
Loyola University Maryland women's soccer senior Colleen Folan was one of 11 student-athletes to ...
Women's Soccer Concludes Season In Patriot...
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team concluded it's first season under head coach...
Patriot League Quarterfinals Tuesday For Women'...
The sixth-seeded Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team travels to the United States...
Santangelo, Folan and Miller Named To All-Patri...
Loyola University Maryland women's soccer senior Kelly Santangelo was named to the All-Patriot...
Women's Soccer Earns PL Tournament Berth With...
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer played Lafayette College to a scoreless tie on...
There are no upcoming events.