Women's Soccer Begins Two-Game Road Swing At Saint Joseph's
Sept. 12, 2013
|Opponent||Saint Joseph's University|
|Date||Friday, September 13, 2013|
|Location||Philadelphia | Finnesey Field|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola University Maryland has made eight appearances in the NCAA College Cup, including last season as the Greyhounds traveled to Durham, N.C. to take on the Duke Blue Devils in the first round.
• The 2013 season marks Loyola’s inaugural season as a member of the Patriot League.
• All 10 Patriot League teams will be competing in matchups on Friday, Sept. 13, as Loyola takes on Saint Joseph’s in Philadelphia, Pa.
Last Time Out
• Loyola recorded its third-consecutive overtime contest with a 1-1 double-overtime tie against the UMBC Retrievers Tuesday, Sept. 10.
• Loyola got on the board first in the 28th minute when Gabrielle Tana sent a cross to Melissa Lookingland from the left side of the field. Lookingland played a through ball up the middle to Charlotte Miller, who bounced the ball of her chest and made a clean finish from about 10 yards out.
• UMBC knotted the score at one in the 71st minute, but neither team would score in the remaining 39 minutes.
• For the first time during the 2013 season, the Greyhounds held a lead going into the half, while also recording more shots than the opposing team.
Scouting the Hawks
• Saint Joseph’s is coming off its first loss of the season, after falling to Liberty, 3-0, on Sunday Sept. 8.
• Like the Greyhounds, the Hawks have already played in two overtime contests this season, going 0-0 against both the Hartford Hawks and UMBC Retrievers.
• Emily Gingrich leads the way with four goals, while Mo Hawkins has two goals and one assist.
• In 572 minutes, goalkeeper Lauren Jancuska has posted a 0.94 GAA and 0.75 save percentage.
Series with Saint Joseph’s
• The Greyhounds are unbeaten when playing the Saint Joseph’s Hawks, as Loyola holds a 3-0-1 advantage in the series.
• Last season, Loyola escaped with a 3-2 double-overtime victory at Ridley Athletic Complex, Sunday, Sept. 16.
• Charlotte Miller and Nichole Schiro connected twice on goals, including the game-winning goal with 1:47 remaining in double-overtime.
• Redshirt senior Katelyn McFadden scored the first Greyhound goal of the contest, only 15 minutes into the first half.
• The last time the Hawks and Greyhounds met at Finnesey Field, the two teams walked away in a 1-1 tie in 1997.
• Loyola finishes its two-game road swing at La Salle Sunday, Sept. 15. Kick off is set for 1 p.m.
Women's Soccer Welcomes Nine To Class of 2020
Loyola University Maryland women's soccer head coach Naomi Meiburger has announced the addition...
71 Student-Athletes Named To Fall Patriot...
Loyola University Maryland placed 71 student-athletes on their respective sports' Patriot League ...
Four Greyhounds Named To MAAC 35th Anniversary ...
Four former Loyola University Maryland men's and women's soccer players were included on the...
Women In Sports Day Set For February 21
Loyola University Maryland will host a celebration of women and their contributions to, and...
Hayes Named To All-ECAC First Team
Loyola University Maryland senior Rosy Hayes was named to the Eastern College Athletic Conference...
Hayes Named To All-Mid-Atlantic Region Second Team
Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer senior Rosy Hayes was named to the 2015 NCAA...
BU Edges Women's Soccer, 2-1, In Patriot League...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team saw its season come to a close Friday,...
Women's Soccer Faces BU In Patriot League...
The fourth-seeded Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team will make its first appearance...
There are no upcoming events.