Women's Soccer Begins Two-Game Road Swing At Saint Joseph's
Sept. 12, 2013
|Opponent||Saint Joseph's University|
|Date||Friday, September 13, 2013|
|Location||Philadelphia | Finnesey Field|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola University Maryland has made eight appearances in the NCAA College Cup, including last season as the Greyhounds traveled to Durham, N.C. to take on the Duke Blue Devils in the first round.
• The 2013 season marks Loyola’s inaugural season as a member of the Patriot League.
• All 10 Patriot League teams will be competing in matchups on Friday, Sept. 13, as Loyola takes on Saint Joseph’s in Philadelphia, Pa.
Last Time Out
• Loyola recorded its third-consecutive overtime contest with a 1-1 double-overtime tie against the UMBC Retrievers Tuesday, Sept. 10.
• Loyola got on the board first in the 28th minute when Gabrielle Tana sent a cross to Melissa Lookingland from the left side of the field. Lookingland played a through ball up the middle to Charlotte Miller, who bounced the ball of her chest and made a clean finish from about 10 yards out.
• UMBC knotted the score at one in the 71st minute, but neither team would score in the remaining 39 minutes.
• For the first time during the 2013 season, the Greyhounds held a lead going into the half, while also recording more shots than the opposing team.
Scouting the Hawks
• Saint Joseph’s is coming off its first loss of the season, after falling to Liberty, 3-0, on Sunday Sept. 8.
• Like the Greyhounds, the Hawks have already played in two overtime contests this season, going 0-0 against both the Hartford Hawks and UMBC Retrievers.
• Emily Gingrich leads the way with four goals, while Mo Hawkins has two goals and one assist.
• In 572 minutes, goalkeeper Lauren Jancuska has posted a 0.94 GAA and 0.75 save percentage.
Series with Saint Joseph’s
• The Greyhounds are unbeaten when playing the Saint Joseph’s Hawks, as Loyola holds a 3-0-1 advantage in the series.
• Last season, Loyola escaped with a 3-2 double-overtime victory at Ridley Athletic Complex, Sunday, Sept. 16.
• Charlotte Miller and Nichole Schiro connected twice on goals, including the game-winning goal with 1:47 remaining in double-overtime.
• Redshirt senior Katelyn McFadden scored the first Greyhound goal of the contest, only 15 minutes into the first half.
• The last time the Hawks and Greyhounds met at Finnesey Field, the two teams walked away in a 1-1 tie in 1997.
• Loyola finishes its two-game road swing at La Salle Sunday, Sept. 15. Kick off is set for 1 p.m.
Patriot League Women's Soccer Championships...
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team will host Colgate University Tuesday night for...
Hayes Named Patriot League Women’s Soccer...
Senior Rosy Hayes was named the Patriot League Offensive Player of the Year by a vote of the...
Holy Cross Too Much For Women's Soccer On...
The College of the Holy Cross converted an early penalty kick and later added an insurance goal...
Holy Cross Travels To Loyola For Women's Soccer...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team closes out the 2015 regular season on...
Ziff Earns Corvias Patriot League Rookie Of The...
Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer freshman Jourdan Ziff was named the Corvias...
Win At Colgate Clinches Patriot League...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team scored three-straight goals in the first...
Road Trip Continues For Women's Soccer, Loyola ...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team plays in its final Patriot League road...
Women's Soccer Drops Midweek Matchup At Bucknell
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team fell to Bucknell University, 2-0,...
There are no upcoming events.