Sept. 12, 2013
• Loyola University Maryland has made eight appearances in the NCAA College Cup, including last season as the Greyhounds traveled to Durham, N.C. to take on the Duke Blue Devils in the first round.
• The 2013 season marks Loyola’s inaugural season as a member of the Patriot League.
• All 10 Patriot League teams will be competing in matchups on Friday, Sept. 13, as Loyola takes on Saint Joseph’s in Philadelphia, Pa.
Last Time Out
• Loyola recorded its third-consecutive overtime contest with a 1-1 double-overtime tie against the UMBC Retrievers Tuesday, Sept. 10.
• Loyola got on the board first in the 28th minute when Gabrielle Tana sent a cross to Melissa Lookingland from the left side of the field. Lookingland played a through ball up the middle to Charlotte Miller, who bounced the ball of her chest and made a clean finish from about 10 yards out.
• UMBC knotted the score at one in the 71st minute, but neither team would score in the remaining 39 minutes.
• For the first time during the 2013 season, the Greyhounds held a lead going into the half, while also recording more shots than the opposing team.
Scouting the Hawks
• Saint Joseph’s is coming off its first loss of the season, after falling to Liberty, 3-0, on Sunday Sept. 8.
• Like the Greyhounds, the Hawks have already played in two overtime contests this season, going 0-0 against both the Hartford Hawks and UMBC Retrievers.
• Emily Gingrich leads the way with four goals, while Mo Hawkins has two goals and one assist.
• In 572 minutes, goalkeeper Lauren Jancuska has posted a 0.94 GAA and 0.75 save percentage.
Series with Saint Joseph’s
• The Greyhounds are unbeaten when playing the Saint Joseph’s Hawks, as Loyola holds a 3-0-1 advantage in the series.
• Last season, Loyola escaped with a 3-2 double-overtime victory at Ridley Athletic Complex, Sunday, Sept. 16.
• Charlotte Miller and Nichole Schiro connected twice on goals, including the game-winning goal with 1:47 remaining in double-overtime.
• Redshirt senior Katelyn McFadden scored the first Greyhound goal of the contest, only 15 minutes into the first half.
• The last time the Hawks and Greyhounds met at Finnesey Field, the two teams walked away in a 1-1 tie in 1997.
• Loyola finishes its two-game road swing at La Salle Sunday, Sept. 15. Kick off is set for 1 p.m.
The Last Meeting
September 16, 2012
Ridley Athletic Complex