Women's Soccer Hosts Local Non-Conference Rival UMBC
Sep 8, 2013
|Date||Tuesday, September 10, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola University Maryland has made eight appearances in the NCAA College Cup, including last season as the Greyhounds traveled to Durham, N.C. to take on the Duke Blue Devils in the first round.
• The 2013 season marks Loyola's inaugural season as a member of the Patriot League.
• Assistant coach Emily Janss and UMBC's head coach Leslie Wray both attended the University of Maryland as a collegiate soccer player.
Last Time Out
• Loyola dropped its second-consecutive overtime contest, 2-1, at the University of Delaware on Friday, Sept. 6.
• The Greyhounds and Blue Hens were knotted 1-1 after both teams scored goals in the first half of regulation.
• Delaware put the first point on the board with a header cross that went through the hands of goalkeeper Didi Haracic.
• A combined effort by a trio of rookies accounted for the Greyhounds' lone goal minutes after the Blue Hens scored. Nicole Wahlig recorded her first collegiate goal with the help of classmates Nicole Wojcik and Maddie Boccio. The double assist was the first point accumulation for Wojcik and Boccio.
• Haracic made her season debut in goal for the Greyhounds. The senior goalkeeper recorded 10 saves against Delaware, two shy of her career-high last year at Michigan State on Aug. 24, 2012.
• For the second week in a row, Wahlig led the Greyhounds in shots recording three, and two on goal.
• Before Friday nights' contest, the last time Loyola allowed two goals was versus Fairfield University Sept. 30, 2012.
Scouting the Retrievers
• UMBC is coming off its first home victory since 2010, as the Retrievers handed Robert Morris its first loss of the seaoson, 2-1, in Catonsville, Md.
• Sophomores Alexa Quaranta and Amira Walcott scored both second half goals to improve UMBC's overall season record to 2-2-1.
• Amidst their third week of action, the Retrievers have won more games in 2013 than the last two seasons combined. (2012: 1-11-5; 2011: 0-14-3)
• UMBC has scored all four goals this season during the second half of regulation.
• Junior Lilly Rydon leads the Retrievers in points, with four this season. The Stirling, South Australia native, has scored one goal and two assists in 2013.
• Lauren Kadet has played all five games in goal for UMBC. The senior captain holds a .733 save percentage in her final collegiate season.
Series with UMBC
• The Greyhounds hold a 5-2-2 all-time series advantage over UMBC.
• Loyola last met up with the black and gold on Sept. 22, 2010, when the Greyhounds defeated the Retrievers 2-1 in overtime on their home turf.
• All-time points leader, Nichole Schiro, headed the ball into the right side of the net for the Greyhounds game-winning goal.
• Schiro scored both goals for Loyola and Kelly Farrell assisted on each Loyola point.
• Loyola kicks off its two-game road swing on Friday, Sept. 13, starting at St. Joseph's. Game time is slated for 7 p.m.
Women's Soccer Welcomes Nine To Class of 2020
Loyola University Maryland women's soccer head coach Naomi Meiburger has announced the addition...
71 Student-Athletes Named To Fall Patriot...
Loyola University Maryland placed 71 student-athletes on their respective sports' Patriot League ...
Four Greyhounds Named To MAAC 35th Anniversary ...
Four former Loyola University Maryland men's and women's soccer players were included on the...
Women In Sports Day Set For February 21
Loyola University Maryland will host a celebration of women and their contributions to, and...
Hayes Named To All-ECAC First Team
Loyola University Maryland senior Rosy Hayes was named to the Eastern College Athletic Conference...
Hayes Named To All-Mid-Atlantic Region Second Team
Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer senior Rosy Hayes was named to the 2015 NCAA...
BU Edges Women's Soccer, 2-1, In Patriot League...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s soccer team saw its season come to a close Friday,...
Women's Soccer Faces BU In Patriot League...
The fourth-seeded Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team will make its first appearance...
There are no upcoming events.