Women's Soccer Welcomes Temple For Season Opener
Aug 29, 2013
|Opponent||Temple University Owls|
|Date||Sunday, September 1, 2013|
|Location||Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats l Free Video|
• Sunday marks the home opener and the first-ever meeting between Temple and Loyola.
• Loyola is 7-10-3 in home opener appearances, including 1-2-2 under head coach Katherine Remy Vettori.
• Sunday also marks the first time all 10 Patriot League teams will play on the same day.
• Junior goalkeeper Colleen Folan went to Bishop Shanahan with Temple midfielder Elaine Byerley.
Last Time Out
• Women’s soccer became the first program in Loyola history to record a victory as a member of the Patriot League.
• Charlotte Miller’s goal in the 67th minute sparked a two-goal scoring run that ultimately guided the Greyhounds to a 2-1 victory at Towson University on Friday, Aug. 23.
• Senior Katelyn McFadden assisted on the first goal, while she also put away the game-winning goal, scoring on a Rosy Hayes corner kick in the 73rd minute.
• Towson came back to score one lone goal, but the Greyhounds' defense held off any additional scoring opportunities.
• In the final 10 seconds, goalkeeper Colleen Folan recorded a game-winning save, going one-on-one with a Tigers forward. Towson made the final scoring attempt, but Folan was there to make the diving save.
Scouting the Owls
• Temple enters Sunday’s match 2-0, with a third contest scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 29.
Series with Temple
• Sunday’s home opener versus the Owls will mark the first meeting between the two teams.
Nice to Meet You
• The Greyhounds will face five opponents for the first time in 2013.
• Loyola opens its home schedule versus Temple on Sunday, Sept. 1, and will also face George Mason University (Sept. 17), College of Holy Cross (Sept. 21), Colgate University (Sept. 28), and the United States Military Academy (Oct. 5).
Patriot League Preseason Poll
• Loyola was picked to finish fourth in the 2013 Patriot League Preseason Poll.
• The Greyhounds will enter the season looking to add to their 2012 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference title, their 10th MAAC title in program history.
• Loyola has been slated to finish in the top-four of its conference's preseason poll for the last four years.
• Fellow Patriot League newcomer, Boston University took the top spot with 154 votes, and 12 first-place nods, while the Greyhounds received 101 total votes. Navy and Colgate were selected second and third, respectively, with four first-place votes each.
• Loyola looks to continue its early fall success in September play. The Greyhounds are 81-68-15 all-time in the month of September, with nine matches on the docket for the 2013 season, including five road games and four home contests.
• Two of the nine contests will include matchups with teams that made the 2012 NCAA Tournament College Cup (La Salle 9/15 and Colgate 9/28).
• Throughout the 2013 season, the Greyhounds will compete in more games during the month of September, than any other month during the season.
• The Greyhounds are 15-16-7 in the month of September, under head coach Katherine Remy Vettori.
• Loyola travels to the University of Delaware on Friday, Sept. 6, for a 5:30 kick off.
Patriot League Network Features Three Green &...
Melanie Pellowski, the Patriot League Network's correspondent, highlights three Loyola University...
Women's Soccer Announces 2015 Winter Clinic
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer program announced that it will hold its first...
Women In Sports Day Set For January 31
Loyola University Maryland will host a celebration of women and their contributions to, and...
Folan Named All-Mid-Atlantic Second Team
Loyola University Maryland women's soccer senior Colleen Folan was named to the 2014 NCAA...
Men's And Women's Soccer Earn NSCAA Team...
The Loyola University Maryland men's and women's soccer teams were among 861 college soccer teams...
Folan Named To Academic All-Patriot League WSOC...
Loyola University Maryland women's soccer senior Colleen Folan was one of 11 student-athletes to ...
Women's Soccer Concludes Season In Patriot...
The Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team concluded it's first season under head coach...
Patriot League Quarterfinals Tuesday For Women'...
The sixth-seeded Loyola University Maryland women's soccer team travels to the United States...
There are no upcoming events.