Boston College Hosts Women's Lax In NCAA Second Round Sunday
May 10, 2014
|Opponent||No. 6 Boston College|
|Date||Sunday, May 11, 2014|
|Location||Newton, Mass. | BC Lacrosse Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Things To Know
• Loyola won the Patriot League in its inaugural year in the league to mark its third conference title in four years (BIG EAST in 2011 and 2012).
• Loyola won its first game in the NCAA Championships for a program record fourth-straight year.
• This is the fourth-straight year Loyola has participated in the NCAA Tournament and the 17th time in program history. The Greyhounds are 15-16 all-time in tournament games.
• The Greyhounds wrapped up their ninth undefeated conference season this year, winning the Patriot League with an 8-0 record. Loyola won the SALC in 1990 with a 4-0 record, while they won seven CAA regular-season titles with perfect records as league members from 1992-2002.
• Two Greyhounds have scoring streaks of longer than 15 games, as junior Annie Thomas has had a point in the last 38 games she has played and junior Taryn VanThof has scored in the last 29.
• VanThof broke the school’s single game, single season and career draw control records this year.
• Paton is trying to become the first Greyhound with 100 goals, 100 assists, 100 points, 100 ground balls, 100 draw controls and 100 caused turnovers in their career. She needs just three assists to hit the plateau.
• Paton and Thomas are also trying to become the first Greyhound in program history with 100 goals and 100 assists. They both have over 100 goals and are tied with 97 career assists.
Loyola Greyhounds (15-5, 8-0 Patriot League)
• Loyola, tied for fifth in the NCAA in points, has one of the most balanced attacks in the nation with two Greyhounds - senior Marlee Paton, a Tewaaraton Award semifinalist, and junior Annie Thomas - ranking in the top 15 nationally in points. Thomas has 79 and Paton has 75.
• Thomas is also tied for 12th in the NCAA with 39 assists, while Paton is 24th in goals (49) and seventh in caused turnovers (41).
• Junior Taryn VanThof is ranked fourth nationally in draw controls, winning 117 this year.
• VanThof also leads the team with 40 ground balls, while Paton has a team-best 41 caused turnovers.
• Defensively, the Greyhounds rank seventh in the NCAA in caused turnovers, averaging 10.45 per game, while their defense is 20th by giving up just 8.11 goals per game.
Boston College Eagles (14-5, 3-5 ACC)
• The Eagles, hosting their first-ever NCAA event, are coming off their first-ever NCAA Tournament victory, a 17-9 win over Bryant in Friday’s first-round action.
• Covie Stanwick leads the team with 84 points on 47 goals and 37 assists, while Mikaela Rix is the team’s leader with 56 goals scored. Sarah Mannelly is tied with Stanwick with 47 goals.
• Rix also leads the team with 73 draw controls, 35 ground balls and 14 caused turnovers.
• In goal, Zoe Ochoa has started the last two games, posting a 9.76 GAA in 178 minutes of play.
• This is the first meeting between the two programs in women’s lacrosse.
• The winner of Sunday’s game will advance to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Championships where it will meet the winner of second-seeded Syracuse vs. Stony Brook next weekend.
No. 12 Duke Too Much For Women's Lacrosse In...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team saw its season come to a close Friday night ...
Blakeman, Lesher, Tabasso, Wolf Named All-Mid-A...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse team placed four Greyhounds on the All-Mid-...
Women's Lax Set To Face Duke Friday at UNC's...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team will face No. 12 Duke in the first round of ...
Women's Lacrosse Travels To North Carolina To...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse team will travel to No. 3 seed University...
Women's Lacrosse Wins Patriot League Title,...
Molly Wolf made two saves in the final four minutes as the U.S. Naval Academy tried to get within...
Women's Lacrosse Hosts Navy In Patriot League...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team will play for its third-straight Patriot...
Kamely Leads Women's Lax Past Lehigh, 13-8, In ...
Sophomore Frankie Kamely scored a career-high seven goals, including six in the second half, to...
Women's Lacrosse Hosts Lehigh In Patriot League...
The top-seeded Loyola women's lacrosse team will host fourth-seeded Lehigh in the semifinals of...
There are no upcoming events.