Greyhounds Begin BIG EAST Tournament Thursday At Georgetown
April 30, 2013
|BIG EAST Tournament||Tournament Central Page|
|Semifinal Opponent||No. 8 Georgetown Hoyas|
|Date||Thursday, May 2, 2013|
|Time||Approx. 7:45 p.m.|
|Location||Washington, DC | Multi-Sport Field|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Greyhounds (10-7, 6-2 BIG EAST)
• Loyola finished the regular season tied for second in the BIG EAST with Georgetown.
• Junior Marlee Paton leads Loyola with 33 goals, 53 points, 35 ground balls and 31 caused turnovers, while sophomore Taryn VanThof has a team-best 60 draw controls.
• In goal, Molly Wolf is allowing 9.47 goals per game and is stopping 42.9 percent of shots faced.
Loyola In The BIG EAST Tournament
• In three-straight tournament appearances, the Greyhounds have posted an overall record of 4-1, including winning two-straight BIG EAST titles - 2011 and 2012.
• The Greyhounds are currently riding a four-game win streak in tournament games.
• Loyola is 2-0 versus both Syracuse and Notre Dame in the tournament, but the Greyhounds’ lone loss came to Georgetown in 2010.
Loyola As The Third Seed
• Loyola won its first-ever BIG EAST title in 2011 as the No. 3 seed.
• The Greyhounds upset No. 2 Syracuse, 12-11, in the semifinals that year and went on to beat No. 4 Notre Dame, 12-10, in the title game. The Fighting Irish upset top-seeded Georgetown, 15-12, to advance to the championship game.
• The 2011 tournament was also hosted by Georgetown at Multi-Sport Field.
Series vs. Georgetown
• The Hoyas hold a narrow 8-6 advantage after winning this seasons meeting, 14-11.
• Since joining the BIG EAST, Loyola is 2-6 against Georgetown. The Greyhounds’ wins came in 2009, a 13-11 victory, and a 15-14 overtime win in 2012.
• No game has been decided by more than two goals since 2009, with two contests requiring overtime.
• The Hoyas were Loyola’s lone loss in an eight-game stretch midway through the season.
• Georgetown snapped a three-game win streak for the Greyhounds with a 14-11 win at Ridley Athletic Complex.
• The contest featured eight tie scores and four lead changes, but after junior Marlee Paton scored to tie the game at 10, the Hoyas went on to score four of the last five for the 14-11 victory.
• Sophomore Annie Thomas had four goals in the game, while Sophia Thomas matched that for Georgetown. Molly Wolf had seven saves in goal for the Greyhounds.
• The winner will advance to face the winner of the No. 1 seed Syracuse vs. No. 4 seed Connecticut game on Saturday at 1 p.m.
Senior Day For Women's Lacrosse Set For...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team will host Army West Point in its regular-sea...
Wolf Collects Second Corvias ECAC Defensive...
Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse senior goalkeeper Molly Wolf picked up her...
Wolf Earns Third Corvias Patriot League...
Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse senior goalkeeper Molly Wolf has been named the...
WLAX Captures Patriot League Regular Season...
Senior Molly Wolf recorded a career-best 15 saves to help the Loyola University Maryland capture ...
Lafayette Hosts Women's Lacrosse Saturday...
The Loyola women's lacrosse team will head to Lafayette to face the Leopards Saturday at 3 p.m....
WLAX Beats Bucknell, Clinches Share Of Regular-...
Nine Greyhounds scored as the Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse team picked up a ...
Clark Named Corvias Patriot League Midfield...
Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse junior Emily Clark has been named the Corvias...
Clark's Game-Winner In Overtime Helps Women's...
The Lehigh women's lacrosse team closed out regulation by scoring five-straight goals, but junior...