Navy And WLAX Play For PL Regular Season Title Saturday On Senior Day
April 18, 2014
|Date||Saturday, April 19, 2014|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola’s four graduating seniors will be honored prior to the game.
• Molly Dickerson, Ali Habicht, Marlee Paton and Katherine Reinhard have posted a 53-22 record and astonishing 27-4 mark in conference games throughout the past four years.
Things To Know
• Loyola was voted the preseason Patriot League favorite, while senior Marlee Paton was named the Preseason Patriot League Offensive Player of the Year.
• Navy has won the last two Patriot League regular season titles.
• Head coach Jen Adams will face her former coach at Maryland, Navy head coach Cindy Timchall, for the first time in her coaching career.
• This is the first time Loyola and Navy have ever met in women’s lacrosse with this year’s regular season champion and tournament host being determined in Saturday’s game. The winner will host and be the No. 1 seed in the tournament.
• Loyola currently has the second-longest active win streak in the NCAA, winning its last nine games.
• With nine-straight wins, the Greyhounds are looking to complete their 11th 10-plus-game win streak in program history. The last was when Loyola opened the 2011 season with 12-straight wins.
• The Greyhounds are also looking to wrap up their ninth undefeated conference season. Loyola won the SALC in 1990 with a 4-0 record, while it also won seven CAA regular-season titles with perfect records from 1992-2002.
• Two Greyhounds have scoring streaks of longer than 10 games, as junior Annie Thomas has had a point in the last 33 games she has played and junior Taryn VanThof has scored in the last 24.
• VanThof broke the school’s single season and career draw control records in a win vs. American.With 92 this season, she passed Rita Ciletti (1984) and Michelle Meyer (1994), who shared the single-season record at 76. She also passed Meyer’s career record of 180 from 1993-97, as she has won 197 throughout her first three seasons as a Greyhound.
• With an 18-5 win over American, Loyola recorded its sixth-straight 10-win season. Loyola has reached 10 wins in all five seasons under head coach Jen Adams and 25 times in program history.
Loyola Greyhounds (11-4, 7-0 Patriot League)
• Junior Annie Thomas and senior Marlee Paton lead a balanced attack which features nine Greyhounds with double-digit goals and points.
• Thomas leads the team and is ranked 13th nationally with 61 points and ninth with 31 assists.
• Paton is also ranked in the top-30 nationally in goals (23rd with 39), assists (28th with 21), points (18th with 60) and caused turnovers (tied 11th with 27).
• Junior Taryn VanThof is ranked sixth nationally with a school-record 92 draw controls this year. That total also ranks eighth in the Patriot League’s single-season history, while she’s looking to become the fourth player in League history to win 100 in a season.
• Sophomore Molly Wolf is ranked 35th nationally with 95 saves and a .457 save percentage. She also ranks second in the Patriot League, allowing just 7.22 goals in league games.
Navy Midshipmen (14-1, 6-1 Patriot League)
• Navy is on a five-game win streak and is looking to win its third-straight Patriot League regular season title.
•Loren Generi leads Navy and is ranked third in the NCAA this year with 76 points and fifth with 6.40 draw controls per game.
• Cassidy Chaney has stepped into goal for an injured Annie Foky, the Preseason Patriot League Defensive Player of the Year. Chaney has played the last 245 minutes and has posted a 7.80 goals-against average and a .304 save percentage to go with 14 saves.
• The winner of Saturday’s game will host the 2014 Patriot League Tournament as the top seed.
• If Loyola wins, the Greyhounds will host both the men’s and women’s lacrosse tournaments, with the women’s games being moved to Thursday, April 24 (semifinals) and Saturday, April 26 (finals).
• If Navy is victorious, the Midshipmen will host the tournament in Annapolis on Friday and Sunday.
• The quarterfinal games will still be played on Tuesday at the home site of the higher seed.
Schmitt, Thomas, VanThof To Play In IWLCA North...
Three Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse seniors - Hannah Schmitt, Annie Thomas and...
Geppi-Aikens To Be Inducted Into National...
Diane Geppi-Aikens, former Loyola University Maryland head women's lacrosse coach, will be...
Eight Greyhound Teams Recognized By NCAA For...
Eight Loyola University Maryland athletic teams were recognized Wednesday by the NCAA for being...
Thomas, VanThof, Lesher Pick Up IWLCA All-Ameri...
Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse senior Annie Thomas was named to the IWLCA All-Americ...
Syracuse Gets Past Women's Lacrosse, 10-7, In...
Kara Burke scored three goals and tied the Loyola University Maryland single-season record with...
Burke Earns Capital One Academic All-District...
Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse senior Kara Burke added another honor to her name on ...
Women's Lacrosse Seniors Celebrate Commencement...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team gathered Thursday afternoon to celebrate a...
NCAA Quarterfinal Round Features Loyola,...
The No. 13 Loyola women's lacrosse team will return to Syracuse for the second time in two weeks ...
Saturday, Oct 10 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Florida & Virginia Ridley Athletic Complex 11:00 AM Sunday, Oct 11 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE North Carolina Ridley Athletic Complex 12:00 PM Sunday, Oct 25 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Maryland, Denver & Penn Ridley Athletic Complex 10:30 AM