Navy And WLAX Play For PL Regular Season Title Saturday On Senior Day
April 18, 2014
|Date||Saturday, April 19, 2014|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola’s four graduating seniors will be honored prior to the game.
• Molly Dickerson, Ali Habicht, Marlee Paton and Katherine Reinhard have posted a 53-22 record and astonishing 27-4 mark in conference games throughout the past four years.
Things To Know
• Loyola was voted the preseason Patriot League favorite, while senior Marlee Paton was named the Preseason Patriot League Offensive Player of the Year.
• Navy has won the last two Patriot League regular season titles.
• Head coach Jen Adams will face her former coach at Maryland, Navy head coach Cindy Timchall, for the first time in her coaching career.
• This is the first time Loyola and Navy have ever met in women’s lacrosse with this year’s regular season champion and tournament host being determined in Saturday’s game. The winner will host and be the No. 1 seed in the tournament.
• Loyola currently has the second-longest active win streak in the NCAA, winning its last nine games.
• With nine-straight wins, the Greyhounds are looking to complete their 11th 10-plus-game win streak in program history. The last was when Loyola opened the 2011 season with 12-straight wins.
• The Greyhounds are also looking to wrap up their ninth undefeated conference season. Loyola won the SALC in 1990 with a 4-0 record, while it also won seven CAA regular-season titles with perfect records from 1992-2002.
• Two Greyhounds have scoring streaks of longer than 10 games, as junior Annie Thomas has had a point in the last 33 games she has played and junior Taryn VanThof has scored in the last 24.
• VanThof broke the school’s single season and career draw control records in a win vs. American.With 92 this season, she passed Rita Ciletti (1984) and Michelle Meyer (1994), who shared the single-season record at 76. She also passed Meyer’s career record of 180 from 1993-97, as she has won 197 throughout her first three seasons as a Greyhound.
• With an 18-5 win over American, Loyola recorded its sixth-straight 10-win season. Loyola has reached 10 wins in all five seasons under head coach Jen Adams and 25 times in program history.
Loyola Greyhounds (11-4, 7-0 Patriot League)
• Junior Annie Thomas and senior Marlee Paton lead a balanced attack which features nine Greyhounds with double-digit goals and points.
• Thomas leads the team and is ranked 13th nationally with 61 points and ninth with 31 assists.
• Paton is also ranked in the top-30 nationally in goals (23rd with 39), assists (28th with 21), points (18th with 60) and caused turnovers (tied 11th with 27).
• Junior Taryn VanThof is ranked sixth nationally with a school-record 92 draw controls this year. That total also ranks eighth in the Patriot League’s single-season history, while she’s looking to become the fourth player in League history to win 100 in a season.
• Sophomore Molly Wolf is ranked 35th nationally with 95 saves and a .457 save percentage. She also ranks second in the Patriot League, allowing just 7.22 goals in league games.
Navy Midshipmen (14-1, 6-1 Patriot League)
• Navy is on a five-game win streak and is looking to win its third-straight Patriot League regular season title.
•Loren Generi leads Navy and is ranked third in the NCAA this year with 76 points and fifth with 6.40 draw controls per game.
• Cassidy Chaney has stepped into goal for an injured Annie Foky, the Preseason Patriot League Defensive Player of the Year. Chaney has played the last 245 minutes and has posted a 7.80 goals-against average and a .304 save percentage to go with 14 saves.
• The winner of Saturday’s game will host the 2014 Patriot League Tournament as the top seed.
• If Loyola wins, the Greyhounds will host both the men’s and women’s lacrosse tournaments, with the women’s games being moved to Thursday, April 24 (semifinals) and Saturday, April 26 (finals).
• If Navy is victorious, the Midshipmen will host the tournament in Annapolis on Friday and Sunday.
• The quarterfinal games will still be played on Tuesday at the home site of the higher seed.
Georgetown Visits Ridley For Non-Conference...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team will step out of conference play to host...
Lesher And VanThof Earn Corvias Patriot League ...
Redshirt senior Taryn VanThof and junior Maddy Lesher were named the Corvias Patriot League...
No. 16 Women's Lacrosse Beats Lehigh On The...
The No. 16 Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team beat Lehigh, 10-6, Saturday afternoon...
Lehigh Hosts No. 16 Women's Lacrosse...
The No. 16 Loyola women's lacrosse team will head to Lehigh Saturday for a 4 p.m., contest at...
Trio Of Hat Tricks Lead No. 16 Loyola WLAX To...
Seniors Kara Burke and Hannah Schmitt, in addition to junior Shannon Aikens, each recorded hat...
Women's Lax Hosts Bucknell In Game One Of...
The Loyola women's lacrosse team will host Bucknell in the first game of a lacrosse doubleheader ...
Burke And Schmitt Pick Up Women's Lacrosse...
A pair of Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse seniors picked up weekly awards for their...
Balanced Offense Leads No. 16 WLAX To Win Over ...
A season-high nine Greyhounds scored for the No. 16 Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse...
Wednesday, Apr 1 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Towson Towson, Md. 7:00 PM Saturday, Apr 4 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Colgate Ridley Athletic Complex 12:00 PM Video Wednesday, Apr 8 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE American Washington, D.C. 4:00 PM Saturday, Apr 11 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Boston University Ridley Athletic Complex 1:00 PM Video Saturday, Apr 18 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Annapolis, Md. 12:00 PM Tuesday, Apr 21 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Quarterfinals Higher Seed TBA