Villanova And Rutgers Are Last Regular Season Road Games For Women's Lax
April 17, 2013
|Date||Friday, April 19, 2013|
|Location||Villanova, Pennsylvania | Villanova Stadium|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
|Opponent||Rutgers Scarlet Knights|
|Date||Sunday, April 21, 2013|
|Location||Piscataway, New Jersey | RU Stadium Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
Loyola Greyhounds (7-6, 3-1 BIG EAST)
• The Greyhounds are coming off a 2-0 weekend in which they handed No. 6 Notre Dame its first loss of the season, a 14-13 double-overtime contest, Friday night. Loyola followed that up on Sunday with a 17-2 win at Marquette.
• Junior Marlee Paton scored a career-high five goals vs. the Fighting Irish, while sophomore Hannah Schmitt scored the game winner in the sudden-death overtime period. Sophomore Kara Burke and Paton also had overtime goals.
• Paton leads the Greyhounds with 37 points on 22 goals and a team-best 15 assists, while Schmitt and senior Joanna Dalton lead the way with 24 goals each.
• Paton also leads the defense with 28 ground balls and 18 ground balls.
• Junior Taryn VanThof heads the team with 50 draw controls.
• In goal, freshman Molly Wolf is allowing 9.68 goals per game, while stopping 36.9 percent of shots faced.
National Honors For Schmitt
• Sophomore Hannah Schmitt earned WomensLax.com National Player of the Week honors on April 15 after scoring the game-winning goal in double-overtime at No. 6 Notre Dame.
• Schmitt finished the game with a season-high five points on three goals and two assists.
• The loss was the first for Notre Dame this year.
BIG EAST Honor #3 - Paton
• Junior Marlee Paton was named the BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Week on April 15.
• Paton scored a career-high five goals and added two assists for a season-high seven points in a double-overtime win over previously undefeated and sixth-ranked Notre Dame on Friday.
• Paton won her career-high sixth draw control in the first overtime period and ran straight to goal for the score, tying the game at 13 and securing double-overtime for the Greyhounds.
• Against Marquette on Sunday, she added one goal and two assists in a 17-2 win.
Villanova Wildcats (5-7, 0-4 BIG EAST)
• The Wildcats enter Friday’s contest looking for their first conference win.
• Jessica Mucci leads the attack with 43 points on 12 goals and a team-high 31 assists, while Jackie Froccaro has a team-best 28 goals.
• Amanda Hirschfeld has won a team-high 25 ground balls and Shawna Guist leads the way with 33 draw controls and 10 caused turnovers.
• In goals, Hirschfeld is allowing 9.73 goals-against average and is stopping 47.5 percent of shots faced.
Series vs. Villanova
• The Greyhounds are undefeated in the all-time series against the Wildcats.
• Loyola is 3-0 versus Villanova, winning 17-15 in 2010, 16-6 in 2011, and 20-9 in 2012.
Rutgers Scarlet Knights (9-4, 1-3 BIG EAST)
• Rutgers is coming off its first BIG EAST win, a 9-6 victory over Villanova on Saturday.
• Katrina Martinelli leads the team with 38 points on a team-best 29 goals and nine assists.
• Hollie DiMuro has a team-best 33 ground balls and 22 casued turnovers, while Megan Clements has won 23 draw controls.
• As a team, Rutgers ranks third in the BIG EAST with 17.15 ground-balls per game and second with 10.38 caused turnovers per outing.
• The Scarlet Knights are also leading the league in goals-against average, as Lily Kalata is giving up a league-best 7.00 goals per game.
Series vs. Rutgers
• Loyola holds a slim 4-3 lead over Rutgers, as the Greyhounds have won the last three.
• In Baltimore, Loyola is 3-1, winning the first meeting, 17-10, in 2006, before falling 14-13 in 2008. The Greyhounds rebounded for a 15-6 win in 2011 and a win at home last year in 2012.
• Loyola will return home to host Syracuse and Connecticut in the final weekend of the regular season.
Trip To Holy Cross Up Next For Women's...
The Loyola women's lacrosse team will travel to Holy Cross for a Patriot League contest on...
Win Streak Stretches To Five For Women's Lax...
The No. 16 Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team stretched its win streak to five-stra...
Georgetown Visits Ridley For Non-Conference...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team will step out of conference play to host...
Lesher And VanThof Earn Corvias Patriot League ...
Redshirt senior Taryn VanThof and junior Maddy Lesher were named the Corvias Patriot League...
No. 16 Women's Lacrosse Beats Lehigh On The...
The No. 16 Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team beat Lehigh, 10-6, Saturday afternoon...
Lehigh Hosts No. 16 Women's Lacrosse...
The No. 16 Loyola women's lacrosse team will head to Lehigh Saturday for a 4 p.m., contest at...
Trio Of Hat Tricks Lead No. 16 Loyola WLAX To...
Seniors Kara Burke and Hannah Schmitt, in addition to junior Shannon Aikens, each recorded hat...
Women's Lax Hosts Bucknell In Game One Of...
The Loyola women's lacrosse team will host Bucknell in the first game of a lacrosse doubleheader ...
Wednesday, Apr 1 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Towson Towson, Md. W, 15-5 Saturday, Apr 4 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Colgate Ridley Athletic Complex 12:00 PM Video Wednesday, Apr 8 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE American Washington, D.C. 4:00 PM Saturday, Apr 11 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Boston University Ridley Athletic Complex 1:00 PM Video Saturday, Apr 18 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Annapolis, Md. 12:00 PM Tuesday, Apr 21 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Quarterfinals Higher Seed TBA