Women's Lax Looks To Extend Win Streak At Boston U. Saturday
April 11, 2014
|Date||Saturday, April 12, 2014|
|Location||Boston, Mass. | Nickerson Field|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
|Notes||Loyola | Boston University|
• Loyola was voted the preseason Patriot League favorite, while senior Marlee Paton was named the Preseason Patriot League Offensive Player of the Year.
• With a win at Colgate on Saturday, the Greyhounds clinched a spot in the upcoming Patriot League Tournament and sit alone atop the standings at 6-0 in league play.
• Sophomore Molly Wolf was tabbed the Patriot League Defender of the Week for a third time.
• Two Greyhounds have scoring streaks of longer than 10 games, as junior Annie Thomas has contributed a point in the last 32 games she has played and junior Taryn VanThof has scored a goal in the last 23 games.
• VanThof broke the school’s single season and career draw control records in a win vs. American.With 77 this season, she passed Rita Ciletti (1984) and Michelle Meyer (1994), who shared the single-season record at 76. She also passed Meyer’s career record of 180 from 1993-97, as she has won 182 throughout her first three seasons as a Greyhound.
• With an 18-5 win over American, the Greyhounds recorded their 10th win to mark their sixth-straight 10-win season. Loyola has reached 10 wins in all five seasons under head coach Jen Adams and 25 times in program history.
• Loyola currently has the third-longest active win streak the NCAA, winning its last eight games.
• A win would secure the Greyhounds at least a share of the Patriot League regular season title
Loyola Greyhounds (10-4, 6-0 Patriot League)
• Eight Greyhounds have recorded double-digit goals, while nine have double-digit points.
• Junior Annie Thomas leads the team with 55 points on 27 goals and a team-high 28 assists.
• Senior Marlee Paton has a team-high 35 goals and 18 assists to sit second with 53 points.
• Juniors Hannah Schmitt (23g, 7a), Taryn VanThof (22g, 7a) and Molly Hulseman (17g, 11a) have 30, 29 and 28 points, respectively, while classmate Kara Burke is sixth on the team with 22 points on 18 goals and four assists.
• Junior Sydney Thomas has notched 11 goals and six assists for 17 points, while senior Ali Habicht has 12 points on nine goals and three assists.
• Sophomore Maddy Blakeman rounds out the double-digit scorers with 10 goals and 11 points.
• Defensively, sophomore Molly Wolf has played 744 minutes and has posted an 8.46 goals-against average, 93 saves and a .470 save percentage.
• VanThof also leads the team with a school-record 77 draw controls and 34 ground balls.
Boston University (6-7, 4-2 Patriot League)
• Boston University is looking to rebound from an 11-7 loss at Colgate Wednesday night.
• Becca Church and Lindsay Weiner leads the Terriers with 23 points each, as Church has a team-high 19 goals and Weiner has distributed a team-best 13 assists.
• Jill Horka and Mallory Collins have both scored 15 goals and added four assists for 19 points.
• Horka also leads the midfield with 22 draw controls, 25 ground balls and 18 caused turnovers.
• In goal, Caroline Meegan has played 608 minutes, posting a 10.65 GAA and .419 save percentage.
Series Record vs. Boston University
• The series record between Loyola and Boston University is knotted at 2-2 with the Terriers winning the last two meetings between the two Patriot League newcomers.
• Loyola won the first two games, 9-5 in 2003 and 12-7 in 2004, both in Baltimore.
• The Terriers were victorious in Boston, 16-9, in 2005 and followed that up with a 14-10 win in Baltimore in 2007.
• Loyola owns the second-longest active win streak in the NCAA, winning its last eight games.
• Denver (11-1) has the longest streak, winning nine-straight games.
• Loyola (10-4) and Stony Brook (11-2) are tied for the second longest streak, wining eight straight.
• Loyola is looking for its sixth-straight 10-win season and 25th in program history.
• With one more win, head coach Jen Adams will secure her sixth-straight 10-win season, giving her at least 10 wins in each of the six years she’s been at the helm of the program.
Tournament Spot Secured
• With a win at Colgate on Saturday, April 5, the Greyhounds became the first to secure a spot in the upcoming Patriot League Tournament.
• The win moved Loyola to 5-0 in the league and in sole possession of first place.
• Boston University, Lehigh and Navy all clinched spots in the tournament on Wednesday, April 9, while American fell out of contention.
• Holy Cross, Colgate, Lafayette and Bucknell are vying for the final two spots in the tournament.
Taryn It Up On The Draw
• Junior Taryn VanThof has dominated the draw this year, breaking Loyola’s single game, single season and all-time career records.
• Against Lafayette on March 15, VanThof won 15 draws to set the single-game school record.
• She won 14 of those draws in the second half, helping Loyola win 21 of the 22 second-half draws.
• By winning her 76th draw control of the season against American on Wednesday, April 9, VanThof passed Michelle Meyer (1994) and Rita Ciletti (1984) for the single-season record.
• She also passed Meyer’s career record of 180 from 1993-97 by winning her 181st draw vs. American.
• Loyola will return home for its last regular season home game on Saturday when it hosts Navy for Senior Day at 1 p.m.
• Seniors Molly Dickerson, Ali Habicht, Marlee Paton and Katherine Reinhard will be honored prior to the game.
Syracuse Gets Past Women's Lacrosse, 10-7, In...
Kara Burke scored three goals and tied the Loyola University Maryland single-season record with...
Burke Earns Capital One Academic All-District...
Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse senior Kara Burke added another honor to her name on ...
Women's Lacrosse Seniors Celebrate Commencement...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team gathered Thursday afternoon to celebrate a...
NCAA Quarterfinal Round Features Loyola,...
The No. 13 Loyola women's lacrosse team will return to Syracuse for the second time in two weeks ...
US Lacrosse Invites Six Greyhounds To Tryout...
Six Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse players are among the 108 players that have been ...
Burke Earns Select Sector SPDR National Player ...
Senior Kara Burke was named the Select Sector SPDR National Player of the Week, as selected by...
Five Greyhounds Named To All-Mid-Atlantic...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team placed five Greyhounds on the All-Mid-Atlant...
Burke Ties Record, Women's Lax Tops Eagles, 19-...
Kara Burke tied an NCAA Championships record with eight goals on Sunday afternoon, leading the...
There are no upcoming events.