Games At Undefeated Notre Dame And Marquette Next For Women's Lax
April 10, 2013
|Opponent||No. 6/5 Notre Dame Fighting Irish|
|Date||Friday, April 12, 2013|
|Location||South Bend, Indiana | Arlotta Lacrosse Stadium|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
|Opponent||Marquette Golden Eagles|
|Date||Sunday, April 14, 2013|
|Time||1 p.m. ET|
|Location||Milwaukee, Wisconsin | Valley Fields|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
Loyola Greyhounds (5-6, 2-1 BIG EAST)
• The Greyhounds are coming off a 14-11 loss to No. 9 Georgetown.
• Junior Marlee Paton leads the way with 27 points on 16 goals and 11 assists, while sophomore Hannah Schmitt has a team-best 21 goals.
• Paton also leads the defense with 26 ground balls and 16 caused turnovers.
• In goal, Molly Wolf has posted a 10.23 goals-against average and has stopped 67 shots.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish (10-0, 4-0 BIG EAST)
• Notre Dame is one of two schools in the country without a loss this season.
• Boasting a 10-0 record and a No. 5 national ranking, the Irish are looking to secure their best start in program history.
• Jenny Granger and Jaimie Morrison lead the attack with 35 and 34 points, respectively. Granger has a team-best 23 goals, while Morrison has dished out 15 assists.
• Barbara Sullivan leads the league with 36 ground balls and is second at 20 caused turnovers, while Margaret Smith is third in the BIG EAST with 19 caused turnovers.
• In goal, Ellie Hilling is second in the league with a 7.87 goals-against average and a .467 save percentage. Hilling is averaging 6.30 saves per game.
Series vs. Notre Dame
• Notre Dame holds a slim 5-4 advantage in the series, but the Greyhounds have won the last four match-ups, including the BIG EAST Championship game on May 7, 2011 and the BIG EAST Semifinals of 2012.
Marquette Golden Eagles (2-10)
• Marquette is in its first year as a varsity program this year, and will not compete as part of the BIG EAST conference until next year.
• The Golden Eagles are led by Claire Costanza’s 30 points on 11 goals and a team-high 19 assists.
• Hayley Baas and Kenzie Brown share the team lead in goals, both contributing 18, while Brown has won a team-best 24 draw controls.
• Defensively, Sarah Priem lead the way with 27 ground balls and 15 caused turnovers.
• In goal, Priem has posted a 14.77 goals-against average and has stopped 95 shots.
Series vs. Marquette
• This will mark the first meeting between the two programs in women’s lacrosse.
• Loyola will remain on the road for its second-straight weekend, heading to Villanova and Rutgers.
Schmitt, Thomas, VanThof To Play In IWLCA North...
Three Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse seniors - Hannah Schmitt, Annie Thomas and...
Geppi-Aikens To Be Inducted Into National...
Diane Geppi-Aikens, former Loyola University Maryland head women's lacrosse coach, will be...
Eight Greyhound Teams Recognized By NCAA For...
Eight Loyola University Maryland athletic teams were recognized Wednesday by the NCAA for being...
Thomas, VanThof, Lesher Pick Up IWLCA All-Ameri...
Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse senior Annie Thomas was named to the IWLCA All-Americ...
Syracuse Gets Past Women's Lacrosse, 10-7, In...
Kara Burke scored three goals and tied the Loyola University Maryland single-season record with...
Burke Earns Capital One Academic All-District...
Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse senior Kara Burke added another honor to her name on ...
Women's Lacrosse Seniors Celebrate Commencement...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team gathered Thursday afternoon to celebrate a...
NCAA Quarterfinal Round Features Loyola,...
The No. 13 Loyola women's lacrosse team will return to Syracuse for the second time in two weeks ...
Saturday, Oct 10 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Florida & Virginia Ridley Athletic Complex 11:00 AM Sunday, Oct 11 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE North Carolina Ridley Athletic Complex 12:00 PM Sunday, Oct 25 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Maryland, Denver & Penn Ridley Athletic Complex 10:30 AM