April 10, 2013
Loyola Greyhounds (5-6, 2-1 BIG EAST)
• The Greyhounds are coming off a 14-11 loss to No. 9 Georgetown.
• Junior Marlee Paton leads the way with 27 points on 16 goals and 11 assists, while sophomore Hannah Schmitt has a team-best 21 goals.
• Paton also leads the defense with 26 ground balls and 16 caused turnovers.
• In goal, Molly Wolf has posted a 10.23 goals-against average and has stopped 67 shots.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish (10-0, 4-0 BIG EAST)
• Notre Dame is one of two schools in the country without a loss this season.
• Boasting a 10-0 record and a No. 5 national ranking, the Irish are looking to secure their best start in program history.
• Jenny Granger and Jaimie Morrison lead the attack with 35 and 34 points, respectively. Granger has a team-best 23 goals, while Morrison has dished out 15 assists.
• Barbara Sullivan leads the league with 36 ground balls and is second at 20 caused turnovers, while Margaret Smith is third in the BIG EAST with 19 caused turnovers.
• In goal, Ellie Hilling is second in the league with a 7.87 goals-against average and a .467 save percentage. Hilling is averaging 6.30 saves per game.
Series vs. Notre Dame
• Notre Dame holds a slim 5-4 advantage in the series, but the Greyhounds have won the last four match-ups, including the BIG EAST Championship game on May 7, 2011 and the BIG EAST Semifinals of 2012.
Marquette Golden Eagles (2-10)
• Marquette is in its first year as a varsity program this year, and will not compete as part of the BIG EAST conference until next year.
• The Golden Eagles are led by Claire Costanza’s 30 points on 11 goals and a team-high 19 assists.
• Hayley Baas and Kenzie Brown share the team lead in goals, both contributing 18, while Brown has won a team-best 24 draw controls.
• Defensively, Sarah Priem lead the way with 27 ground balls and 15 caused turnovers.
• In goal, Priem has posted a 14.77 goals-against average and has stopped 95 shots.
Series vs. Marquette
• This will mark the first meeting between the two programs in women’s lacrosse.
• Loyola will remain on the road for its second-straight weekend, heading to Villanova and Rutgers.
The Last Meeting
|#6 Notre Dame - Semifinals||9
May 3, 2012
Greyhounds Knock Off Notre Dame In BIG EAST Semifinals
The No. 12 Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team knocked off No. 6 Notre Dame, 11-9, in the semifinals of the 2012 BIG EAST Championship Thursday evening at the Carrier Dome to advance to the title game for a second-straight year. The Greyhounds, the 2011 BIG EAST Champions, will face the winner of the second semifinal game, which pits No. 1 seed Syracuse vs. No. 4 seed Georgetown at approximately 8:10 p.m. tonight.