Games At Undefeated Notre Dame And Marquette Next For Women's Lax
April 10, 2013
|Opponent||No. 6/5 Notre Dame Fighting Irish|
|Date||Friday, April 12, 2013|
|Location||South Bend, Indiana | Arlotta Lacrosse Stadium|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
|Opponent||Marquette Golden Eagles|
|Date||Sunday, April 14, 2013|
|Time||1 p.m. ET|
|Location||Milwaukee, Wisconsin | Valley Fields|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
Loyola Greyhounds (5-6, 2-1 BIG EAST)
• The Greyhounds are coming off a 14-11 loss to No. 9 Georgetown.
• Junior Marlee Paton leads the way with 27 points on 16 goals and 11 assists, while sophomore Hannah Schmitt has a team-best 21 goals.
• Paton also leads the defense with 26 ground balls and 16 caused turnovers.
• In goal, Molly Wolf has posted a 10.23 goals-against average and has stopped 67 shots.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish (10-0, 4-0 BIG EAST)
• Notre Dame is one of two schools in the country without a loss this season.
• Boasting a 10-0 record and a No. 5 national ranking, the Irish are looking to secure their best start in program history.
• Jenny Granger and Jaimie Morrison lead the attack with 35 and 34 points, respectively. Granger has a team-best 23 goals, while Morrison has dished out 15 assists.
• Barbara Sullivan leads the league with 36 ground balls and is second at 20 caused turnovers, while Margaret Smith is third in the BIG EAST with 19 caused turnovers.
• In goal, Ellie Hilling is second in the league with a 7.87 goals-against average and a .467 save percentage. Hilling is averaging 6.30 saves per game.
Series vs. Notre Dame
• Notre Dame holds a slim 5-4 advantage in the series, but the Greyhounds have won the last four match-ups, including the BIG EAST Championship game on May 7, 2011 and the BIG EAST Semifinals of 2012.
Marquette Golden Eagles (2-10)
• Marquette is in its first year as a varsity program this year, and will not compete as part of the BIG EAST conference until next year.
• The Golden Eagles are led by Claire Costanza’s 30 points on 11 goals and a team-high 19 assists.
• Hayley Baas and Kenzie Brown share the team lead in goals, both contributing 18, while Brown has won a team-best 24 draw controls.
• Defensively, Sarah Priem lead the way with 27 ground balls and 15 caused turnovers.
• In goal, Priem has posted a 14.77 goals-against average and has stopped 95 shots.
Series vs. Marquette
• This will mark the first meeting between the two programs in women’s lacrosse.
• Loyola will remain on the road for its second-straight weekend, heading to Villanova and Rutgers.
Wood Named Director Of Women's Lacrosse Operations
Loyola University Maryland head coach Jen Adams announced Tuesday that Charlotte Wood will join...
Burke And Reinhard Named To IWLCA Academic...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team was recognized as a 2014 Division I IWLCA...
Registration For 12th-Annual DGA 5k Race On...
The 12th-annual Diane Geppi-Aikens 5k Race and 1-Mile Fun Walk will take place on Saturday,...
Loyola Student-Athletes Earn Patriot League...
Loyola University Maryland placed 136 student-athletes on the Patriot League Winter and Spring...
VanThof Selected To U.S. Women's Lacrosse...
Loyola University Maryland rising senior Taryn VanThof has been named to the prestigious 38-membe...
Loyola Women Become First NCAA Lacrosse Team To...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse returned safely from its foreign tour to London, ...
WLAX Concludes London Portion Of Tour; Heads To...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team concluded its stay in London, England on...
Women's Lacrosse Begins Trip To London And Cape...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team will depart for its international trip to...
There are no upcoming events.