American And No. 14 Women's Lacrosse Meet Wednesday At Ridley
April 8, 2014
|Date||Wednesday, April 9, 2014|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola was voted the preseason Patriot League favorite, while senior Marlee Paton was named the Preseason Patriot League Offensive Player of the Year.
• With a win at Colgate on Saturday, the Greyhounds clinched a spot in the upcoming Patriot League Tournament and sit alone atop the standings at 5-0 in league play.
• Sophomore Molly Wolf was tabbed the Patriot League Defender of the Week for a third time.
• Three Greyhounds have scoring streaks of longer than 10 games, as junior Annie Thomas has contributed a point in the last 31 games she has played, junior Taryn VanThof has scored a goal in the last 22 games and junior Kara Burke has had a point in 13-straight contests.
• With 68 draw controls this year, VanThof is eight shy of tying the 30-year-old single-season school record set by Rita Ciletti at 76 in 1984 (Michelle Meyer tied it in 1994). VanThof is also seven draws shy of the program’s career record, set by Meyer (1993-97) at 180.
• The Greyhounds are looking for their 10th win to mark their sixth-straight 10-win season. Loyola reached 10 wins in all five seasons under head coach Jen Adams and 24 times in program history.
• Loyola currently has the third-longest active win streak the NCAA, winning its last seven games.
Last Time Out
• The Greyhounds held Colgate scoreless in the second half, en route to a 10-4 victory.
• Junior Annie Thomas had a game-high five points on two goals and three assists, while senior Marlee Paton and junior Sydney Thomas also had two goals each.
• Redshirt junior Gretchen Mayer had a career-high four ground balls, while sophomore Molly Wolf stopped eight shots in goal, including six in the second half.
Loyola Greyhounds (9-4, 5-0 Patriot League)
• Six Greyhounds have recorded double-digit goals, while eight have contributed double-digit points.
• Senior Marlee Paton and junior Annie Thomas lead the team with 48 points each. Paton has a team-high 32 goals and 16 assists, while Thomas has 25 goals and a team-best 23 assists.
• Juniors Hannah Schmitt and Taryn VanThof have 21 goals each, while juniors Molly Hulseman (16g, 10a) and Kara Burke (18g, 4a) have 26 and 22 points, respectively.
• Junior Sydney Thomas has notched 14 points on eight goals and six assists, while senior Ali Habicht has hit 10 points on seven goals and three assists.
• VanThof leads the team with 68 draws and 33 ground balls, while Paton has 23 caused turnovers.
• In goal, sophomore Molly Wolf has 86 saves, a .460 save percentage and an 8.63 goals-against average.
American Eagles (4-10, 0-5 Patriot League)
• American is looking to break a three-game losing skid that includes two conference losses.
• The Eagles are led by Olivia Mangan’s 35 points on 20 goals and a team-best 15 assists.
• Alex Lugovina and Jessica Wojciechowski share a team-high of 23 goals.
• Jackie Ferri has played 550 minutes in goal, posting a 2-6 record to go with a 10.89 goals-against average and 49 saves, while Ashley Dalisera has played 313 minutes. Dalisera is 2-4 this year and has allowed 11.88 goals per game, while posting 23 saves.
Series Record vs. American
• The Greyhounds are unbeaten when facing American, holding an all-time record of 15-0.
• The two squads haven’t met since 2002, but met every year from 1992 until 2002.
• In Baltimore, Loyola is 7-0, outscoring the Eagles 122-13 in those seven games.
• In all 15 games, the Greyhounds have outscored American, 248-52.
Tournament Spot Secured
• With a win at Colgate on Saturday, April 5, the Greyhounds became the first to secure a spot in the upcoming Patriot League Tournament.
• The win moved Loyola to 5-0 in the league and in sole possession of first place.
• All nine teams are still in contention for a tournament berth.
• Loyola owns the third-longest active win streak in the NCAA, winning its last seven games.
• Duquesne (10-1) has the longest streak, winning nine-straight games, while Denver (10-1) has won its last eight contests.
• With seven-straight wins, Loyola (9-4) and Stony Brook (10-2) are tied for the third longest streak.
• Loyola is looking for its sixth-straight 10-win season and 25th in program history.
• With one more win, head coach Jen Adams will secure her sixth-straight 10-win season, giving her at least 10 wins in each of the six years she’s been at the helm of the program.
• Loyola will head on the road for its final road conference game on Saturday at Boston University.
• Opening draw is scheduled for 1 p.m.
No. 16 Women's Lacrosse Beats Lehigh On The...
The No. 16 Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team beat Lehigh, 10-6, Saturday afternoon...
Lehigh Hosts No. 16 Women's Lacrosse...
The No. 16 Loyola women's lacrosse team will head to Lehigh Saturday for a 4 p.m., contest at...
Trio Of Hat Tricks Lead No. 16 Loyola WLAX To...
Seniors Kara Burke and Hannah Schmitt, in addition to junior Shannon Aikens, each recorded hat...
Women's Lax Hosts Bucknell In Game One Of...
The Loyola women's lacrosse team will host Bucknell in the first game of a lacrosse doubleheader ...
Burke And Schmitt Pick Up Women's Lacrosse...
A pair of Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse seniors picked up weekly awards for their...
Balanced Offense Leads No. 16 WLAX To Win Over ...
A season-high nine Greyhounds scored for the No. 16 Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse...
Patriot League Play Begins For Women's...
The Loyola women's lacrosse team will host Lafayette Saturday in the squad's Patriot League...
Schmitt's Overtime Heroics Get Women's ...
Senior Hannah Schmitt scored three overtime goals and the No. 16 Loyola University Maryland women...
Saturday, Mar 28 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Holy Cross Worcester, Mass. 12:00 PM Live Stats | Video
Wednesday, Apr 1 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Towson Towson, Md. 7:00 PM Saturday, Apr 4 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Colgate Ridley Athletic Complex 12:00 PM Video Wednesday, Apr 8 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE American Washington, D.C. 4:00 PM Saturday, Apr 11 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Boston University Ridley Athletic Complex 1:00 PM Video Saturday, Apr 18 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Annapolis, Md. 12:00 PM