Women's Lax Hosts No. 9 Georgetown In First Game Of Doubleheader
April 3, 2013
|Opponent||No. 9 Georgetown Hoyas|
|Date||Saturday, April 6, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Greyhounds (5-5, 2-0 BIG EAST)
• Loyola is looking to extend its season-long three-game win streak after a nine-day break since its last game at UMBC on Wednesday, March 27.
• Redshirt sophomore Taryn VanThof was one of three Greyhounds (senior Joanna Dalton and sophomore Annie Thomas) to record a hat trick in the game and has equaled junior Marlee Paton as the team’s leader in goals (15), assists (10), points (25) and caused turnovers (14) this year.
• Paton also leads the way with 24 ground balls and VanThof has a team-best 41 draws.
• In goal, freshman Molly Wolf has played 550 minutes, posting a 9.82 goals-against average and is stopping 40 percent of shots faced.
Georgetown Hoyas (7-2, 2-0 BIG EAST)
• Following 13 days without a game, the Hoyas look to extend a two-game win streak, as they opened BIG EAST play with wins over Louisville, 14-11, and Cincinnati, 21-3.
• Caroline Tarzian leads the team and is ranked third in the BIG EAST with 24 goals this year, while she’s seventh in the league with 34 points.
• Adrianne Devine leads the defense with 14 ground balls and 11 caused turnovers, while Barb Black has logged 510 minutes in goal. she has posted a 10.12 goals-against average, while she is stopping 34.4 percent of shots faced.
In The Polls
• The Greyhounds are ranked 15th in both the IWLCA Coaches Poll and the deBeer Media Poll, while the Hoyas are ninth in both rankings.
Series vs. Georgetown
• Georgetown and Loyola will meet for the 14th time in series history this season. The Hoyas hold a narrow 7-6 advantage after Loyola won last year’s game in overtime.
• Since joining the BIG EAST, Loyola is 2-5 against Georgetown, earning a 13-11 victory in 2009 and last year’s 15-14 overtime win.
• At home, the Greyhounds are 1-2 against the Hoyas.
• The Greyhounds will travel to Notre Dame and Marquette next weekend.
• Loyola will face the nationally ranked Fighting Irish Friday night at 7 p.m., before traveling to Marquette Sunday at noon.
Win Streak Runs To Nine For Women's Lacrosse...
Behind a career-best nine points from senior Annie Thomas, the No. 17 Loyola University Maryland ...
American Hosts Women's Lacrosse Wednesday...
The women's lacrosse team travels to American for an afternoon contest with the Eagles Wednesday....
Burke And Wolf Named Corvias Patriot League...
Senior Kara Burke and junior Molly Wolf picked up a pair of weekly honors from the Patriot League...
Burke Leads Loyola Past Colgate As Women's...
Loyola University Maryland senior Kara Burke scored a career-high six goals to lead the 16th-rank...
Lacrosse Doubleheader Kicks Off As Women Host...
The women's lacrosse team will begin a Loyola lacrosse doubleheader at Ridley Athletic Complex...
Thomas Breaks Program's Assist Record In 15...
Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse senior Annie Thomas broke the program's all-time...
Towson Hosts Women's Lacrosse In Wednesday ...
The Loyola women's lacrosse team will head up the road to Towson on Wednesday for a 7 p.m.,...
Lesher Named Corvias Patriot League Defensive...
Loyola University Maryland junior Maddy Lesher has been named the Corvias Patriot League...
Saturday, Apr 18 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Annapolis, Md. 12:00 PM Friday, Apr 24 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Semifinals Regular-Season Champion TBA Sunday, Apr 26 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Championship Game Regular-Season Champion TBA Saturday, May 2 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Syracuse Ridley Athletic Complex 1:00 PM Video Friday, May 8 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE NCAA First Round Campus Sites TBA Sunday, May 10 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE NCAA Second Round Campus Sites TBA