Women's Lax Hosts No. 9 Georgetown In First Game Of Doubleheader
April 3, 2013
|Opponent||No. 9 Georgetown Hoyas|
|Date||Saturday, April 6, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Greyhounds (5-5, 2-0 BIG EAST)
• Loyola is looking to extend its season-long three-game win streak after a nine-day break since its last game at UMBC on Wednesday, March 27.
• Redshirt sophomore Taryn VanThof was one of three Greyhounds (senior Joanna Dalton and sophomore Annie Thomas) to record a hat trick in the game and has equaled junior Marlee Paton as the team’s leader in goals (15), assists (10), points (25) and caused turnovers (14) this year.
• Paton also leads the way with 24 ground balls and VanThof has a team-best 41 draws.
• In goal, freshman Molly Wolf has played 550 minutes, posting a 9.82 goals-against average and is stopping 40 percent of shots faced.
Georgetown Hoyas (7-2, 2-0 BIG EAST)
• Following 13 days without a game, the Hoyas look to extend a two-game win streak, as they opened BIG EAST play with wins over Louisville, 14-11, and Cincinnati, 21-3.
• Caroline Tarzian leads the team and is ranked third in the BIG EAST with 24 goals this year, while she’s seventh in the league with 34 points.
• Adrianne Devine leads the defense with 14 ground balls and 11 caused turnovers, while Barb Black has logged 510 minutes in goal. she has posted a 10.12 goals-against average, while she is stopping 34.4 percent of shots faced.
In The Polls
• The Greyhounds are ranked 15th in both the IWLCA Coaches Poll and the deBeer Media Poll, while the Hoyas are ninth in both rankings.
Series vs. Georgetown
• Georgetown and Loyola will meet for the 14th time in series history this season. The Hoyas hold a narrow 7-6 advantage after Loyola won last year’s game in overtime.
• Since joining the BIG EAST, Loyola is 2-5 against Georgetown, earning a 13-11 victory in 2009 and last year’s 15-14 overtime win.
• At home, the Greyhounds are 1-2 against the Hoyas.
• The Greyhounds will travel to Notre Dame and Marquette next weekend.
• Loyola will face the nationally ranked Fighting Irish Friday night at 7 p.m., before traveling to Marquette Sunday at noon.
Senior Day For Women's Lacrosse Set For...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team will host Army West Point in its regular-sea...
Wolf Collects Second Corvias ECAC Defensive...
Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse senior goalkeeper Molly Wolf picked up her...
Wolf Earns Third Corvias Patriot League...
Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse senior goalkeeper Molly Wolf has been named the...
WLAX Captures Patriot League Regular Season...
Senior Molly Wolf recorded a career-best 15 saves to help the Loyola University Maryland capture ...
Lafayette Hosts Women's Lacrosse Saturday...
The Loyola women's lacrosse team will head to Lafayette to face the Leopards Saturday at 3 p.m....
WLAX Beats Bucknell, Clinches Share Of Regular-...
Nine Greyhounds scored as the Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse team picked up a ...
Clark Named Corvias Patriot League Midfield...
Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse junior Emily Clark has been named the Corvias...
Clark's Game-Winner In Overtime Helps Women's...
The Lehigh women's lacrosse team closed out regulation by scoring five-straight goals, but junior...