Women's Lax Hosts No. 9 Georgetown In First Game Of Doubleheader
April 3, 2013
|Opponent||No. 9 Georgetown Hoyas|
|Date||Saturday, April 6, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Greyhounds (5-5, 2-0 BIG EAST)
• Loyola is looking to extend its season-long three-game win streak after a nine-day break since its last game at UMBC on Wednesday, March 27.
• Redshirt sophomore Taryn VanThof was one of three Greyhounds (senior Joanna Dalton and sophomore Annie Thomas) to record a hat trick in the game and has equaled junior Marlee Paton as the team’s leader in goals (15), assists (10), points (25) and caused turnovers (14) this year.
• Paton also leads the way with 24 ground balls and VanThof has a team-best 41 draws.
• In goal, freshman Molly Wolf has played 550 minutes, posting a 9.82 goals-against average and is stopping 40 percent of shots faced.
Georgetown Hoyas (7-2, 2-0 BIG EAST)
• Following 13 days without a game, the Hoyas look to extend a two-game win streak, as they opened BIG EAST play with wins over Louisville, 14-11, and Cincinnati, 21-3.
• Caroline Tarzian leads the team and is ranked third in the BIG EAST with 24 goals this year, while she’s seventh in the league with 34 points.
• Adrianne Devine leads the defense with 14 ground balls and 11 caused turnovers, while Barb Black has logged 510 minutes in goal. she has posted a 10.12 goals-against average, while she is stopping 34.4 percent of shots faced.
In The Polls
• The Greyhounds are ranked 15th in both the IWLCA Coaches Poll and the deBeer Media Poll, while the Hoyas are ninth in both rankings.
Series vs. Georgetown
• Georgetown and Loyola will meet for the 14th time in series history this season. The Hoyas hold a narrow 7-6 advantage after Loyola won last year’s game in overtime.
• Since joining the BIG EAST, Loyola is 2-5 against Georgetown, earning a 13-11 victory in 2009 and last year’s 15-14 overtime win.
• At home, the Greyhounds are 1-2 against the Hoyas.
• The Greyhounds will travel to Notre Dame and Marquette next weekend.
• Loyola will face the nationally ranked Fighting Irish Friday night at 7 p.m., before traveling to Marquette Sunday at noon.
Thomas, VanThof, Lesher Pick Up IWLCA All-Ameri...
Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse senior Annie Thomas was named to the IWLCA All-Americ...
Syracuse Gets Past Women's Lacrosse, 10-7, In...
Kara Burke scored three goals and tied the Loyola University Maryland single-season record with...
Burke Earns Capital One Academic All-District...
Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse senior Kara Burke added another honor to her name on ...
Women's Lacrosse Seniors Celebrate Commencement...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team gathered Thursday afternoon to celebrate a...
NCAA Quarterfinal Round Features Loyola,...
The No. 13 Loyola women's lacrosse team will return to Syracuse for the second time in two weeks ...
US Lacrosse Invites Six Greyhounds To Tryout...
Six Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse players are among the 108 players that have been ...
Burke Earns Select Sector SPDR National Player ...
Senior Kara Burke was named the Select Sector SPDR National Player of the Week, as selected by...
Five Greyhounds Named To All-Mid-Atlantic...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team placed five Greyhounds on the All-Mid-Atlant...
There are no upcoming events.