Women's Lax Hosts No. 9 Georgetown In First Game Of Doubleheader
April 3, 2013
|Opponent||No. 9 Georgetown Hoyas|
|Date||Saturday, April 6, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Greyhounds (5-5, 2-0 BIG EAST)
• Loyola is looking to extend its season-long three-game win streak after a nine-day break since its last game at UMBC on Wednesday, March 27.
• Redshirt sophomore Taryn VanThof was one of three Greyhounds (senior Joanna Dalton and sophomore Annie Thomas) to record a hat trick in the game and has equaled junior Marlee Paton as the team’s leader in goals (15), assists (10), points (25) and caused turnovers (14) this year.
• Paton also leads the way with 24 ground balls and VanThof has a team-best 41 draws.
• In goal, freshman Molly Wolf has played 550 minutes, posting a 9.82 goals-against average and is stopping 40 percent of shots faced.
Georgetown Hoyas (7-2, 2-0 BIG EAST)
• Following 13 days without a game, the Hoyas look to extend a two-game win streak, as they opened BIG EAST play with wins over Louisville, 14-11, and Cincinnati, 21-3.
• Caroline Tarzian leads the team and is ranked third in the BIG EAST with 24 goals this year, while she’s seventh in the league with 34 points.
• Adrianne Devine leads the defense with 14 ground balls and 11 caused turnovers, while Barb Black has logged 510 minutes in goal. she has posted a 10.12 goals-against average, while she is stopping 34.4 percent of shots faced.
In The Polls
• The Greyhounds are ranked 15th in both the IWLCA Coaches Poll and the deBeer Media Poll, while the Hoyas are ninth in both rankings.
Series vs. Georgetown
• Georgetown and Loyola will meet for the 14th time in series history this season. The Hoyas hold a narrow 7-6 advantage after Loyola won last year’s game in overtime.
• Since joining the BIG EAST, Loyola is 2-5 against Georgetown, earning a 13-11 victory in 2009 and last year’s 15-14 overtime win.
• At home, the Greyhounds are 1-2 against the Hoyas.
• The Greyhounds will travel to Notre Dame and Marquette next weekend.
• Loyola will face the nationally ranked Fighting Irish Friday night at 7 p.m., before traveling to Marquette Sunday at noon.
Georgetown Visits Ridley For Non-Conference...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team will step out of conference play to host...
Lesher And VanThof Earn Corvias Patriot League ...
Redshirt senior Taryn VanThof and junior Maddy Lesher were named the Corvias Patriot League...
No. 16 Women's Lacrosse Beats Lehigh On The...
The No. 16 Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team beat Lehigh, 10-6, Saturday afternoon...
Lehigh Hosts No. 16 Women's Lacrosse...
The No. 16 Loyola women's lacrosse team will head to Lehigh Saturday for a 4 p.m., contest at...
Trio Of Hat Tricks Lead No. 16 Loyola WLAX To...
Seniors Kara Burke and Hannah Schmitt, in addition to junior Shannon Aikens, each recorded hat...
Women's Lax Hosts Bucknell In Game One Of...
The Loyola women's lacrosse team will host Bucknell in the first game of a lacrosse doubleheader ...
Burke And Schmitt Pick Up Women's Lacrosse...
A pair of Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse seniors picked up weekly awards for their...
Balanced Offense Leads No. 16 WLAX To Win Over ...
A season-high nine Greyhounds scored for the No. 16 Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse...
Wednesday, Apr 1 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Towson Towson, Md. 7:00 PM Saturday, Apr 4 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Colgate Ridley Athletic Complex 12:00 PM Video Wednesday, Apr 8 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE American Washington, D.C. 4:00 PM Saturday, Apr 11 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Boston University Ridley Athletic Complex 1:00 PM Video Saturday, Apr 18 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Annapolis, Md. 12:00 PM Tuesday, Apr 21 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Quarterfinals Higher Seed TBA