Holy Cross And Loyola Meet For First Time In WLAX Saturday
March 27, 2014
|Opponent||Holy Cross Crusaders|
|Date||Saturday, March 27, 2014|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola was voted the preseason Patriot League favorite, while senior Marlee Paton was named the Preseason Patriot League Offensive Player of the Year.
• Three Greyhounds have scoring streaks of longer than 10 games, as junior Annie Thomas has contributed a point in the last 29 games she has played, junior Taryn VanThof has scored a goal in the last 20 games and junior Kara Burke has had a point in 11-straight contests.
• Thomas was named this week’s Patriot League Offensive Player of the Week, while VanThof was included among the league’s honorable mention performances.
• Loyola is currently on a five-game win streak, including winning all four Patriot League contests.
• This will be the first time Loyola and Holy Cross have met in women’s lacrosse.
Last Time Out
• The Greyhounds shutout No. 14 Georgetown for the final 26 minutes and closed out the game on a five-goal run to erase a 4-3 halftime deficit and earn an 8-5 win.
• The five goals allowed were the least amount anyone has scored against Loyola this year.
• Junior Annie Thomas led all player with three points (2g, 1a), while sophomore Maddy Lesher had a career-high three caused turnovers.
Loyola Greyhounds (7-4, 3-0 Patriot League)
• Six Greyhounds have recorded double-digit goals and points for Loyola, led by senior Marlee Paton’s 39 points on a team-best 26 goals and 13 assists.
• Junior Annie Thomas is second on the team with 36 points, contributing 22 goals and a team-high 24 assists, and juniors Hannah Schmitt is third on the team with 26 points (20g, 6a).
• Junior Taryn VanThof has contributed 19 goals and six assists for 25 points, while junior Molly Hulseman has 11 goals and eight assists for 19 points and classmate Kara Burke has 15 goals and two assists for 17 points.
• VanThof leads the team with 55 draw controls and 26 ground balls, while Paton has 21 ground balls and 19 caused turnovers.
• VanThof’s 55 draw controls rank sixth in Loyola’s single-season record books.
• In goal, sophomore Molly Wolf has 70 saves, a .443 save percentage and a 9.56 goals-against average.
Holy Cross Crusaders (5-6, 3-1 Patriot League)
• Holy Cross is off to its best start in Patriot League play since 2007, when they started 4-0.
• The Crusaders’ 11.27 caused turnovers per game leads the conference and ranks eighth nationally, while their 19.09 ground balls per game are third in the league and 17th nationally.
• Sophia Agostinelli leads the team with 20 caused turnovers and 22 ground balls.
• Laura Ryan has a team-best 27 points on 17 goals and 10 assists, in addition to 26 ground balls.
• Sara Hennessey paces the offense with 21 goals and has added five assists for 26 points.
• Margie Smith (11 goals), Kate Martino (10g) and Maddie Ward (10g) have also reached double-figures in scoring, while Kaitlin Concillo is third on the team with 18 points (8g, 10a).
• In goal, Sarah Weber has played 596 minutes and has posted an 8.75 goals-against average, 72 saves and a .453 save percentage.
Series Record vs. Holy Cross
• This will be the first meeting between the two schools in women’s lacrosse.
• Loyola will open April with a game at Colgate on Saturday at 1 p.m.
Thomas, VanThof, Lesher Pick Up IWLCA All-Ameri...
Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse senior Annie Thomas was named to the IWLCA All-Americ...
Syracuse Gets Past Women's Lacrosse, 10-7, In...
Kara Burke scored three goals and tied the Loyola University Maryland single-season record with...
Burke Earns Capital One Academic All-District...
Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse senior Kara Burke added another honor to her name on ...
Women's Lacrosse Seniors Celebrate Commencement...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team gathered Thursday afternoon to celebrate a...
NCAA Quarterfinal Round Features Loyola,...
The No. 13 Loyola women's lacrosse team will return to Syracuse for the second time in two weeks ...
US Lacrosse Invites Six Greyhounds To Tryout...
Six Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse players are among the 108 players that have been ...
Burke Earns Select Sector SPDR National Player ...
Senior Kara Burke was named the Select Sector SPDR National Player of the Week, as selected by...
Five Greyhounds Named To All-Mid-Atlantic...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team placed five Greyhounds on the All-Mid-Atlant...
There are no upcoming events.