Mid-Week Match-Up At UMBC Up Next For Women's Lacrosse
March 26, 2013
|Date||Wednesday, March 27, 2013|
|Location||Catonsville, Maryland | UMBC Stadium|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Greyhounds (4-5, 2-0 BIG EAST)
• Loyola is coming off its first back-to-back wins of the season, including a 19-0 win over Cincinnati on Sunday.
• Ten Greyhounds scored in the shutout victory vs. the Bearcats, marking Loyola’s seventh shutout in program history, first since 1998 and fifth since turning Division I.
• Entering Wednesday’s contest, the Greyhounds’ defense has held their opponents scoreless for 67 minutes and 52 seconds, while the offense has strung together 22-straight goals. Together, Loyola has scored 28 of the last 29 goals in its contests vs. Louisville and Cincinnati.
• Marlee Paton leads the team with 23 points on 13 goals and 10 assists, while redshirt sophomore Taryn VanThof has 22 points in 12 goals and 10 assist, to go with 38 draws.
• Sophomore Hannah Schmitt tops the team with 18 goals.
• In goal, Molly Wolf is posting a 9.95 goals-against average and a .411 save percentage.
UMBC Retrievers (7-2, 1-0 America East)
• UMBC used a 5-1 second-half run to force overtime vs. Boston University, before Shannon Harkey scored the game-winner with three seconds left in the extra period.
• Alyssa Semones leads five Retrievers with double-digit goals, scoring 22 to go with nine assists for a game-high 31 points.
• Harkey (19g), Kristen Bilney (18g), Abby Wilson (16g) and Lindsay Cox (10g) round out the double-digit goal scorers.
• Bilney leads the defense with 21 ground balls and Semones leads the team with 33 draw controls.
• In goal, Kendall Mason has played all 545 minutes and is posting an 8.03 goals-against average, while stopping 44.7 percent of shots faced.
Series vs. UMBC
• Loyola leads the series with UMBC, 28-3-1, and has won four-straight games.
• The series dates back to 1973 with the teams playing annually until 1990.
• The series was renewed in 2000 and the teams have met every year since.
• Loyola will return to action on Saturday, April 6 when it hosts Georgetown in the first game of a doubleheader with Loyola’s men’s lacrosse team.
• The women will face the Hoyas at noon, followed by the men’s team taking on Fairfield at 2:30 p.m.
Schmitt, Thomas, VanThof To Play In IWLCA North...
Three Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse seniors - Hannah Schmitt, Annie Thomas and...
Geppi-Aikens To Be Inducted Into National...
Diane Geppi-Aikens, former Loyola University Maryland head women's lacrosse coach, will be...
Eight Greyhound Teams Recognized By NCAA For...
Eight Loyola University Maryland athletic teams were recognized Wednesday by the NCAA for being...
Thomas, VanThof, Lesher Pick Up IWLCA All-Ameri...
Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse senior Annie Thomas was named to the IWLCA All-Americ...
Syracuse Gets Past Women's Lacrosse, 10-7, In...
Kara Burke scored three goals and tied the Loyola University Maryland single-season record with...
Burke Earns Capital One Academic All-District...
Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse senior Kara Burke added another honor to her name on ...
Women's Lacrosse Seniors Celebrate Commencement...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team gathered Thursday afternoon to celebrate a...
NCAA Quarterfinal Round Features Loyola,...
The No. 13 Loyola women's lacrosse team will return to Syracuse for the second time in two weeks ...
Saturday, Oct 10 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Florida & Virginia Ridley Athletic Complex 11:00 AM Sunday, Oct 11 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE North Carolina Ridley Athletic Complex 12:00 PM Sunday, Oct 25 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Maryland, Denver & Penn Ridley Athletic Complex 10:30 AM