Mid-Week Match-Up At UMBC Up Next For Women's Lacrosse
March 26, 2013
|Date||Wednesday, March 27, 2013|
|Location||Catonsville, Maryland | UMBC Stadium|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Greyhounds (4-5, 2-0 BIG EAST)
• Loyola is coming off its first back-to-back wins of the season, including a 19-0 win over Cincinnati on Sunday.
• Ten Greyhounds scored in the shutout victory vs. the Bearcats, marking Loyola’s seventh shutout in program history, first since 1998 and fifth since turning Division I.
• Entering Wednesday’s contest, the Greyhounds’ defense has held their opponents scoreless for 67 minutes and 52 seconds, while the offense has strung together 22-straight goals. Together, Loyola has scored 28 of the last 29 goals in its contests vs. Louisville and Cincinnati.
• Marlee Paton leads the team with 23 points on 13 goals and 10 assists, while redshirt sophomore Taryn VanThof has 22 points in 12 goals and 10 assist, to go with 38 draws.
• Sophomore Hannah Schmitt tops the team with 18 goals.
• In goal, Molly Wolf is posting a 9.95 goals-against average and a .411 save percentage.
UMBC Retrievers (7-2, 1-0 America East)
• UMBC used a 5-1 second-half run to force overtime vs. Boston University, before Shannon Harkey scored the game-winner with three seconds left in the extra period.
• Alyssa Semones leads five Retrievers with double-digit goals, scoring 22 to go with nine assists for a game-high 31 points.
• Harkey (19g), Kristen Bilney (18g), Abby Wilson (16g) and Lindsay Cox (10g) round out the double-digit goal scorers.
• Bilney leads the defense with 21 ground balls and Semones leads the team with 33 draw controls.
• In goal, Kendall Mason has played all 545 minutes and is posting an 8.03 goals-against average, while stopping 44.7 percent of shots faced.
Series vs. UMBC
• Loyola leads the series with UMBC, 28-3-1, and has won four-straight games.
• The series dates back to 1973 with the teams playing annually until 1990.
• The series was renewed in 2000 and the teams have met every year since.
• Loyola will return to action on Saturday, April 6 when it hosts Georgetown in the first game of a doubleheader with Loyola’s men’s lacrosse team.
• The women will face the Hoyas at noon, followed by the men’s team taking on Fairfield at 2:30 p.m.
Gioffre Pizzo '03 To Be Inducted Into Baltimore...
Former Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse All-American Marianne Gioffre Pizzo will...
Lesher, Wolf Named Preseason All-Americans By...
Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse seniors Maddy Lesher and Molly Wolf have been...
Women's Lacrosse Schedule Released For 2016...
Loyola University Maryland head women’s lacrosse coach Jen Adams has announced the squad...
Blast Comes-From-Behind To Win Annual WLAX...
Team Blast scored with 20 seconds remaining in the championship game of the Loyola women's...
Adams Named IWLCA Mid-Atlantic Region Coach Of ...
Loyola University Maryland head women’s lacrosse coach Jen Adams was named the IWLCA Mid-At...
Women's Lacrosse Featured In ILWomen Fall All-A...
Inside Lacrosse's women's editor Halley Quillinan recently stopped by a Loyola University...
Blakeman And Geiger Named Women's Lacrosse ...
Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse head coach Jen Adams has announced that senior ...
Five 'Hounds Attend Women's Sports Foundation...
Five Loyola University Maryland student athletes - (above, L-R) Rebekah Rogerson, Maddy Blakeman,...
Sunday, Feb 14 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Syracuse Syracuse, N.Y. 12:00 PM Wednesday, Feb 24 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Johns Hopkins Baltimore, Md. 5:00 PM Sunday, Feb 28 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Towson Ridley Athletic Complex 1:00 PM Video Saturday, Mar 5 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Penn State State College, Pa. 1:00 PM