Mid-Week Match-Up At UMBC Up Next For Women's Lacrosse
March 26, 2013
|Date||Wednesday, March 27, 2013|
|Location||Catonsville, Maryland | UMBC Stadium|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Greyhounds (4-5, 2-0 BIG EAST)
• Loyola is coming off its first back-to-back wins of the season, including a 19-0 win over Cincinnati on Sunday.
• Ten Greyhounds scored in the shutout victory vs. the Bearcats, marking Loyola’s seventh shutout in program history, first since 1998 and fifth since turning Division I.
• Entering Wednesday’s contest, the Greyhounds’ defense has held their opponents scoreless for 67 minutes and 52 seconds, while the offense has strung together 22-straight goals. Together, Loyola has scored 28 of the last 29 goals in its contests vs. Louisville and Cincinnati.
• Marlee Paton leads the team with 23 points on 13 goals and 10 assists, while redshirt sophomore Taryn VanThof has 22 points in 12 goals and 10 assist, to go with 38 draws.
• Sophomore Hannah Schmitt tops the team with 18 goals.
• In goal, Molly Wolf is posting a 9.95 goals-against average and a .411 save percentage.
UMBC Retrievers (7-2, 1-0 America East)
• UMBC used a 5-1 second-half run to force overtime vs. Boston University, before Shannon Harkey scored the game-winner with three seconds left in the extra period.
• Alyssa Semones leads five Retrievers with double-digit goals, scoring 22 to go with nine assists for a game-high 31 points.
• Harkey (19g), Kristen Bilney (18g), Abby Wilson (16g) and Lindsay Cox (10g) round out the double-digit goal scorers.
• Bilney leads the defense with 21 ground balls and Semones leads the team with 33 draw controls.
• In goal, Kendall Mason has played all 545 minutes and is posting an 8.03 goals-against average, while stopping 44.7 percent of shots faced.
Series vs. UMBC
• Loyola leads the series with UMBC, 28-3-1, and has won four-straight games.
• The series dates back to 1973 with the teams playing annually until 1990.
• The series was renewed in 2000 and the teams have met every year since.
• Loyola will return to action on Saturday, April 6 when it hosts Georgetown in the first game of a doubleheader with Loyola’s men’s lacrosse team.
• The women will face the Hoyas at noon, followed by the men’s team taking on Fairfield at 2:30 p.m.
Wood Named Director Of Women's Lacrosse Operations
Loyola University Maryland head coach Jen Adams announced Tuesday that Charlotte Wood will join...
Burke And Reinhard Named To IWLCA Academic...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team was recognized as a 2014 Division I IWLCA...
Registration For 12th-Annual DGA 5k Race On...
The 12th-annual Diane Geppi-Aikens 5k Race and 1-Mile Fun Walk will take place on Saturday,...
Loyola Student-Athletes Earn Patriot League...
Loyola University Maryland placed 136 student-athletes on the Patriot League Winter and Spring...
VanThof Selected To U.S. Women's Lacrosse...
Loyola University Maryland rising senior Taryn VanThof has been named to the prestigious 38-membe...
Loyola Women Become First NCAA Lacrosse Team To...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse returned safely from its foreign tour to London, ...
WLAX Concludes London Portion Of Tour; Heads To...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team concluded its stay in London, England on...
Women's Lacrosse Begins Trip To London And Cape...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team will depart for its international trip to...
There are no upcoming events.