Mid-Week Match-Up At UMBC Up Next For Women's Lacrosse
March 26, 2013
|Date||Wednesday, March 27, 2013|
|Location||Catonsville, Maryland | UMBC Stadium|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Greyhounds (4-5, 2-0 BIG EAST)
• Loyola is coming off its first back-to-back wins of the season, including a 19-0 win over Cincinnati on Sunday.
• Ten Greyhounds scored in the shutout victory vs. the Bearcats, marking Loyola’s seventh shutout in program history, first since 1998 and fifth since turning Division I.
• Entering Wednesday’s contest, the Greyhounds’ defense has held their opponents scoreless for 67 minutes and 52 seconds, while the offense has strung together 22-straight goals. Together, Loyola has scored 28 of the last 29 goals in its contests vs. Louisville and Cincinnati.
• Marlee Paton leads the team with 23 points on 13 goals and 10 assists, while redshirt sophomore Taryn VanThof has 22 points in 12 goals and 10 assist, to go with 38 draws.
• Sophomore Hannah Schmitt tops the team with 18 goals.
• In goal, Molly Wolf is posting a 9.95 goals-against average and a .411 save percentage.
UMBC Retrievers (7-2, 1-0 America East)
• UMBC used a 5-1 second-half run to force overtime vs. Boston University, before Shannon Harkey scored the game-winner with three seconds left in the extra period.
• Alyssa Semones leads five Retrievers with double-digit goals, scoring 22 to go with nine assists for a game-high 31 points.
• Harkey (19g), Kristen Bilney (18g), Abby Wilson (16g) and Lindsay Cox (10g) round out the double-digit goal scorers.
• Bilney leads the defense with 21 ground balls and Semones leads the team with 33 draw controls.
• In goal, Kendall Mason has played all 545 minutes and is posting an 8.03 goals-against average, while stopping 44.7 percent of shots faced.
Series vs. UMBC
• Loyola leads the series with UMBC, 28-3-1, and has won four-straight games.
• The series dates back to 1973 with the teams playing annually until 1990.
• The series was renewed in 2000 and the teams have met every year since.
• Loyola will return to action on Saturday, April 6 when it hosts Georgetown in the first game of a doubleheader with Loyola’s men’s lacrosse team.
• The women will face the Hoyas at noon, followed by the men’s team taking on Fairfield at 2:30 p.m.
Women's Lax Hosts Boston U. For Friends Of...
The Loyola women's lacrosse team will host Boston University in a rematch of last year's Patriot ...
Win Streak Runs To Nine For Women's Lacrosse...
Behind a career-best nine points from senior Annie Thomas, the No. 17 Loyola University Maryland ...
American Hosts Women's Lacrosse Wednesday...
The women's lacrosse team travels to American for an afternoon contest with the Eagles Wednesday....
Burke And Wolf Named Corvias Patriot League...
Senior Kara Burke and junior Molly Wolf picked up a pair of weekly honors from the Patriot League...
Burke Leads Loyola Past Colgate As Women's...
Loyola University Maryland senior Kara Burke scored a career-high six goals to lead the 16th-rank...
Lacrosse Doubleheader Kicks Off As Women Host...
The women's lacrosse team will begin a Loyola lacrosse doubleheader at Ridley Athletic Complex...
Thomas Breaks Program's Assist Record In 15...
Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse senior Annie Thomas broke the program's all-time...
Towson Hosts Women's Lacrosse In Wednesday ...
The Loyola women's lacrosse team will head up the road to Towson on Wednesday for a 7 p.m.,...
Saturday, Apr 18 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Annapolis, Md. W, 14-4 Friday, Apr 24 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Semifinals Ridley Athletic Complex TBA Video Sunday, Apr 26 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Championship Game Ridley Athletic Complex 1:00 PM Video Saturday, May 2 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Syracuse Ridley Athletic Complex 1:00 PM Video Friday, May 8 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE NCAA First Round Campus Sites TBA Sunday, May 10 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE NCAA Second Round Campus Sites TBA