Mid-Week Match-Up At UMBC Up Next For Women's Lacrosse
March 26, 2013
|Date||Wednesday, March 27, 2013|
|Location||Catonsville, Maryland | UMBC Stadium|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Greyhounds (4-5, 2-0 BIG EAST)
• Loyola is coming off its first back-to-back wins of the season, including a 19-0 win over Cincinnati on Sunday.
• Ten Greyhounds scored in the shutout victory vs. the Bearcats, marking Loyola’s seventh shutout in program history, first since 1998 and fifth since turning Division I.
• Entering Wednesday’s contest, the Greyhounds’ defense has held their opponents scoreless for 67 minutes and 52 seconds, while the offense has strung together 22-straight goals. Together, Loyola has scored 28 of the last 29 goals in its contests vs. Louisville and Cincinnati.
• Marlee Paton leads the team with 23 points on 13 goals and 10 assists, while redshirt sophomore Taryn VanThof has 22 points in 12 goals and 10 assist, to go with 38 draws.
• Sophomore Hannah Schmitt tops the team with 18 goals.
• In goal, Molly Wolf is posting a 9.95 goals-against average and a .411 save percentage.
UMBC Retrievers (7-2, 1-0 America East)
• UMBC used a 5-1 second-half run to force overtime vs. Boston University, before Shannon Harkey scored the game-winner with three seconds left in the extra period.
• Alyssa Semones leads five Retrievers with double-digit goals, scoring 22 to go with nine assists for a game-high 31 points.
• Harkey (19g), Kristen Bilney (18g), Abby Wilson (16g) and Lindsay Cox (10g) round out the double-digit goal scorers.
• Bilney leads the defense with 21 ground balls and Semones leads the team with 33 draw controls.
• In goal, Kendall Mason has played all 545 minutes and is posting an 8.03 goals-against average, while stopping 44.7 percent of shots faced.
Series vs. UMBC
• Loyola leads the series with UMBC, 28-3-1, and has won four-straight games.
• The series dates back to 1973 with the teams playing annually until 1990.
• The series was renewed in 2000 and the teams have met every year since.
• Loyola will return to action on Saturday, April 6 when it hosts Georgetown in the first game of a doubleheader with Loyola’s men’s lacrosse team.
• The women will face the Hoyas at noon, followed by the men’s team taking on Fairfield at 2:30 p.m.
Loyola Student-Athletes Recognized For Academic...
A number of Loyola University Maryland student-athletes were recognized this year for their...
Lesher, Wolf Earn IWLCA All-America Honors
A pair of Loyola University Maryland seniors, Maddy Lesher and Molly Wolf, have been named to one...
Decker, Stoothoff, VanThof Picked Up By UWLX...
Three former Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse players have been picked following...
No. 12 Duke Too Much For Women's Lacrosse In...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team saw its season come to a close Friday night ...
Blakeman, Lesher, Tabasso, Wolf Named All-Mid-A...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse team placed four Greyhounds on the All-Mid-...
Women's Lax Set To Face Duke Friday at UNC's...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team will face No. 12 Duke in the first round of ...
Women's Lacrosse Travels To North Carolina To...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse team will travel to No. 3 seed University...
Women's Lacrosse Wins Patriot League Title,...
Molly Wolf made two saves in the final four minutes as the U.S. Naval Academy tried to get within...
There are no upcoming events.