Loyola WLAX Game At Georgetown Postponed Until Wednesday
March 25, 2014
The Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse game at No. 14 Georgetown originally scheduled for Tuesday, March 25, has been postponed due to inclement weather in the area. The former BIG EAST foes will now play on Wednesday, March 26 at Multi-Sport Field in Washington, D.C. Game time is scheduled for 6 p.m.
|Opponent||No. 14 Georgetown Hoyas|
|Date||Wednesday, March 26|
|Location||Washington, D.C. | Multi-Sport Field|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola was voted the preseason Patriot League favorite, while senior Marlee Paton was named the Preseason Patriot League Offensive Player of the Year.
• Loyola and Georgetown were former BIG EAST rivals from 2006-13.
Last Time Out
• Loyola allowed just two goals in each half, en route to a 12-4 win over Lehigh in the program’s first-ever Patriot League game to be played at Ridley Athletic Complex.
• Senior Marlee Paton and juniors Kara Burke, Annie Thomas and Taryn VanThof all scored two goals in the game, while VanThof won a game-high seven draw controls.
• Burke finished with a team-best three ground balls.
Loyola Greyhounds (6-4, 3-0 Patriot League)
• Six Greyhounds have recorded double-digit goals and points for Loyola, led by senior Marlee Paton’s 37 points on a team-best 24 goals and 13 assists.
• Junior Annie Thomas is second on the team with 33 points, contributing 20 goals and 13 assists, while juniors Hannah Schmitt and Taryn VanThof have 18 goals and six assists each.
• Junior Molly Hulseman has 11 goals and seven assists for 18 points and classmate Kara Burke has 14 goals and two assists for 14 points.
• VanThof leads the team with 54 draw controls and 23 ground balls, while Paton has 18 ground balls and a team-best 17 caused turnovers.
• VanThof’s 54 draw controls rank sixth in Loyola’s single-season record books.
• In goal, sophomore Molly Wolf has 70 saves, a .443 save percentage and a 9.56 goals-against average.
Georgetown Hoyas (3-4, 0-0 BIG EAST)
• The Hoyas are looking to break a three-game losing streak which features two one-goal overtime losses to Stanford and Johns Hopkins.
• Georgetown has played in four one-goal games throughout seven contests this year, winning two.
• Kelyn Freedman and Caroline Tarzian lead the team with 13 goals and 16 points, while Corinne Etchison also has 16 points. Hannah Franklin and Meghan Farrell have both contributed 11 goals.
• Reilly Woodman has a team-best 26 draw controls and Adrianne Devine has 11 caused turnovers.
• In goal, Barb Black has started five games and played 174 minutes, posting a 12.39 goals-against average and 12 saves. Maddy Fisher has played in all seven contests, playing 231 minutes and has a 13.72 goals-against average and a .284 save percentage to go with 21 saves.
Series Record vs. Georgetown
• The Hoyas won both meetings last year, a 14-11 decision in the regular season and then a 16-14 victory in the semifinals of the BIG EAST Tournament, to earn a 9-6 advantage in the series.
• Loyola won the first four games between 1977 and 1981, but Georgetown has won nine of the last 11 meetings since renewing the rivalry in 2001.
• In Washington, D.C., Loyola is 3-4, with a 15-14 overtime win in 2012 and a 13-11 win in 2009.
• The last two regular-season games at Georgetown required overtime to determine a winner. The Hoyas claimed the 13-12 double-overtime victory in 2010 and Annie Thomas scored the game-winner in overtime to give the Greyhounds a 15-14 win in 2012.
• Georgetown’s 14-11 win in the regular season last year marked the largest margin of victory for either team since 2008, as the six other contests were all one or two goal games.
Taryn It Up On The Draw
• Junior Taryn VanThof dominated the draw this year, winning 54 to move her career total to 159.
• Against Lafayette on March 15, VanThof won 15 draws to set the single-season school record.
• She won 14 of those draws in the second half, helping Loyola win 21 of the 22 second-half draws.
• This season, she ranks sixth in the program’s single-season record books.
• As a redshirt-sophomore, VanThof won 75 draws, one shy of tying Michelle Meyer (1994) and Rita Ciletti (1984) for the school’s single-season record.
• Throughout her career, she ranks second on Loyola’s all-time charts with 159. Michelle Meyer holds the school record at 180 from 1993-97.
• Loyola will return to Patriot League play on Saturday, March 29 when it hosts Holy Cross at 1 p.m.
Four Greyhounds Honored On Tewaaraton Award...
The Loyola University Maryland men's and women's lacrosse teams placed four Greyhounds on the...
Schmitt Leads Women's Lacrosse To Thrilling...
The 14th-ranked Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team used a pair of overtime goals...
No. 18 Johns Hopkins Visits Ridley Wednesday...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team will open the home portion of its schedule...
Information And Registration For Loyola's Vero ...
While the Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team's is in Florida for a game against the...
Women's Lacrosse Falls At No. 15 Princeton In...
The ninth-ranked Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team scored four-straight goals to...
Season Opener For Women's Lacrosse Set For Noon...
The women's lacrosse team will open its 43rd season of competition Saturday at noon when it...
Women's Lacrosse Picks Up Second Top-10...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team has earned a second top-10 preseason ranking...
Thomas, Lesher, Women's Lax Picked As Preseason...
Senior Annie Thomas and junior Maddy Lesher picked up Preseason Patriot League Offensive and...
Tuesday, Mar 3 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Florida Gainesville, Fla. 1:00 PM Saturday, Mar 7 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Penn State Ridley Athletic Complex 1:00 PM Video Wednesday, Mar 11 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Virginia Charlottesville, Va. 7:00 PM Saturday, Mar 14 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lafayette Ridley Athletic Complex 1:00 PM Video Wednesday, Mar 18 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Bucknell Ridley Athletic Complex 5:00 PM Video Saturday, Mar 21 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lehigh Bethlehem, Pa. 4:00 PM