No. 16 Women's Lax Hosts Lehigh In Game 2 Of Doubleheader
March 21, 2014
|Opponent||Lehigh Mountain Hawks|
|Date||Saturday, March 21, 2014|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
|HoundRaiser||Registration and Information|
• Loyola was voted the preseason Patriot League favorite, while senior Marlee Paton was named the Preseason Patriot League Offensive Player of the Year.
• Lehigh and Loyola will be meeting for the first time since 1991.
• The Mountain Hawks and Greyhounds have both beat Bucknell and Lafayette this year. Loyola earned a 22-12 win in its inaugural Patriot League game at Lafayette and followed it up with a 16-5 win at Bucknell. Lehigh picked up a 10-4 win at Bucknell before earning a 9-8 win over Lafayette.
• Senior Marlee Paton and junior Taryn VanThof were tabbed this week’s Patriot League offensive and midfield players of the week, respectively.
Alumnae Day and HoundRaiser
• Saturday will be Alumnae Day for women's lacrosse.
• Following the game, the team will hold its first annual HoundRaiser, which will replace the team's annual HoundBowl.
• The event will support the team's efforts to compete at the highest level and the foreign trip in June.
• There will be a silent auction and raffle prizes throughout the day.
• For more information, click here.
Last Time Out
• Loyola is coming off its second-straight Patriot League win, a 16-5 victory at Bucknell Tuesday.
• Junior Annie Thomas led the Greyhounds with a personal-best eight points on a career-high five goals and three assists, while senior Marlee Paton had five points points on four goals and an assist.
• Freshman Cami Whiteford became the second freshman to score this season, notching her first career goal at the 17:09 mark of the second half.
Loyola Greyhounds (5-4, 2-0 Patriot League)
• Six Greyhounds have recorded double-digit goals and points for Loyola, led by senior Marlee Paton’s 34 points on a team-best 22 goals and 12 assists.
• Juniors Hannah Schmitt and Annie Thomas have each contributed 18 goals, while Thomas shares the team-lead of 12 assists with Paton. She’s second on the squad with 30 points.
• Juniors Taryn VanThof, Molly Hulseman and Kara Burke also have double-digit goals and points, with VanThof contributing 16 goals and 21 points, Hulseman has 10 goals and 16 points and Burke has 12 goals and 14 points.
• VanThof leads the way with 47 draws and 21 ground balls, while Paton has 16 caused turnovers.
• In goal, sophomore Molly Wolf has 67 saves, a .441 save percentage and a 10.14 goals-against average.
Lehigh Mountain Hawks (4-4, 2-1 Patriot League)
• Carli Sukonik leads Lehigh with 19 goals and 21 points, while Allison LaBeau and Kendall Garden have 20 points each. Garden leads the squad with seven assists, 20 GBs and 20 CTs.
• LaBeau (14 goals), Garden (13) and Krista Dampman (13) have all reached double-digit goals.
• Julianne D’Orazio has a team-best 12 draw controls.
• In goal, Alexandra Fitzpatrick has played 473 minutes and is allowing 7.72 goals-against average while stopping 70 shots for a .534 save percentage.
Series Record vs. Lehigh
• Loyola is 6-4 all-time against Lehigh, but 4-3 an NCAA Division I program.
• The two squads met three times in 1982 the first two, but the Mountain Hawks claiming a 7-6 victory at West Chester in the AIAW Division II National Championships.
• Loyola transitioned to NCAA Division I in 1983 and earned an 8-7 victory at home that year before losing three-straight to Lehigh; a 10-7 regular-season road game and an 11-10 double-overtime contest in the NCAA First Round in 1984, and an 11-5 decision in 1988.
• Loyola has won the three most recent games; 7-6 in overtime in 1989, 12-6 in 1990 and 21-6 in 1991.
• When playing in Baltimore, Loyola is 3-1, with the NCAA loss in 1984 the lone defeat.
• Loyola will step out of conference play for a game at Georgetown on Tuesday.
• Opening draw with former BIG EAST foe is scheduled for 7 p.m.
Over 600 Participants Take Part In 13th-Annual ...
A total of 640 participants from the Baltimore area and the Loyola University Maryland community ...
Lesher, Paton, Thomas, VanThof Make Patriot...
In two years since joining the Patriot League, the Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse...
Aikens And Burke Named To IWLCA/Zag Sports...
Shannon Aikens and Kara Burke have been named to the IWLCA/Zag Sports Academic Honor Roll, while ...
152 Student-Athletes Earn Patriot League...
Loyola University Maryland placed 152 student-athletes on their respective sports' Patriot League...
Schmitt, Thomas, VanThof To Play In IWLCA North...
Three Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse seniors - Hannah Schmitt, Annie Thomas and...
Geppi-Aikens Formally Inducted Into National...
Diane Geppi-Aikens, former Loyola University Maryland head women's lacrosse coach, will be...
Eight Greyhound Teams Recognized By NCAA For...
Eight Loyola University Maryland athletic teams were recognized Wednesday by the NCAA for being...
Thomas, VanThof, Lesher Pick Up IWLCA All-Ameri...
Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse senior Annie Thomas was named to the IWLCA All-Americ...
There are no upcoming events.