March 18, 2014
• Loyola was voted the preseason Patriot League favorite, while senior Marlee Paton was named the Preseason Patriot League Offensive Player of the Year.
• Bucknell and Loyola will be meeting for the first time since 1991.
• Loyola won its inaugural Patriot League game on Saturday, a 22-12 decision at Lafayette.
• Junior Taryn VanThof set the single season school record for draw controls in a game at Lafayette, winning 15.
• Senior Marlee Paton and VanThof were tabbed this week’s Patriot League offensive and midfield players of the week, respectively.
Last Time Out
• Loyola is coming off its inaugural Patriot League game, a 22-12 win at Lafayette.
• The 22 goals mark the most for the Greyhounds under head coach Jen Adams and are the most for the Greyhounds since a 25-4 win over American in 2002.
• Junior Taryn VanThof set a single-season school record with 15 draws vs. the Leopards, while senior Marlee Paton recorded a career-best 10 points to mark the most from a Greyhound since fellow-Australian Stacey Morlang set the school record at 16 in 2002.
• Junior Hannah Schmitt also had a personal-best game, contributing eight points.
• Freshman Megan Boepple became the first freshman to score this season, recording her first collegiate goal vs. the Leopards.
Loyola Greyhounds (4-4, 1-0 Patriot League)
• Senior Marlee Paton leads the Greyhounds with 29 points on 18 goals and a team-best 11 assists.
• Junior Hannah Schmitt also has 18 goals, while her 24 points ranks second on the squad.
• Junior Annie Thomas has 22 points on 13 goals and nine points, while junior Taryn VanThof has 19 points on 14 goals and five assists, junior Molly Hulseman has 10 goals and five assists for 15 points and classmate Kara Burke has 13 points on 11 goals and two assists.
• VanThof leads the team with 42 draw controls, 19 ground balls and 13 caused turnovers.
• In goal, sophomore Molly Wolf has 65 saves, a .442 save percentage and a 10.66 goals-against average.
Bucknell Bison (0-7, 0-2 Patriot League)
• Bucknell enters the year looking for its first win of the year.
• Emily Kookogey leads the offense with a team-best 10 goals, while Katelyn Miller and Christina Manis also have 10 points on the year with six goals and four assists each.
• Sophie Kleinert has a team-high 19 draw controls, while Miller has 16 draws to go with 18 ground balls and 19 caused turnovers.
• In goal, Elizabeth Duswalt has posted a 15.04 goals-against average and 55 saves.
Series Record vs. Bucknell
• The Greyhounds own an unblemished 9-0 record against Bucknell, although the two programs have not met since 1991.
• The two squads first met in 1982 and then again every year from 1984-91.
• Loyola has outscored Bucknell, 148-45, in those nine games.
• When playing in Lewisburg, Pa., Loyola is 4-0.
• Loyola won the last meeting, a 17-4 decision in Lewisburg on March 17, 1991.
• Loyola will return home for its Patriot League home opener vs. Lehigh on Saturday.
• Game time is set for 4 p.m., following the men’s game vs. Lafayette at 1 p.m.