Patriot League Play Begins For WLAX Saturday At Lafayette
March 14, 2014
|Date||Saturday, March 15, 2014|
|Location||Easton, Pennsylvania | Fisher Stadium|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Saturday’s game will mark Loyola’s first-ever Patriot League contest.
• The game will also be Loyola’s first against Lafayette since 1995.
Loyola Greyhounds (3-4, 0-0 Patriot League)
• Loyola, the preseason Patriot League favorite, snapped a four-game losing skid with a 7-6 win over No. 17 Towson on Wednesday night.
• Senior Marlee Paton, the Patriot League Preseason Offensive Player of the Year, and junior Annie Thomas, lead the Greyhounds with 19 points each. Paton has 12 goals and seven assists, while Thomas has 10 goals and a team-high nine assists.
• Juniors Hannah Schmitt and Taryn VanThof lead the squad with 13 goals each, while junior Molly Hulseman has 13 points and junior Kara Burke has 11.
• VanThof also has a team-high 27 draw controls, 17 ground balls and 10 caused turnovers.
• Sophomore Maddy Lesher joined Paton, Schmitt, Thomas and VanThof on on the All-Patriot League Team, while Paton and VanThof were also Preseason All-Americans.
• In goal, sophomore Molly Wolf has four double-digit save games in seven outings this year, posting a 10.57 goals-against average and a .462 save percentage to go with 61 saves.
Lafayette Leopards (3-4, 0-1 Patriot League)
• Lafayette is looking to snap a two-game losing streak, as it lost to Navy, 11-5, in its Patriot League opener on Saturday, March 8. It also fell to Bryant, 18-12, Wednesday.
• The Leopards are led by Ana White’s 23 points and Laura Kleiber’s 18 goals. White has 16 goals and a team-best seven assists, 18 ground balls, 28 draws and 17 caused turnovers.
• In goal, Meghan Curtin has played all 420 minutes, posting a 9.71 goals-against average and a .409 save percentage to go with 47 saves.
Series Record vs. Lafayette
• The Greyhounds hold an 8-6 advantage in the all-time series with Lafayette, although the two squads have not faced since 1995.
• Loyola is currently on a four-game win streak over the Leopards and is 5-1 when playing in Easton, Pa. The lone loss was an 9-8 decision in 1988.
• Of the six losses the Greyhounds have suffered, four have been by one goal. The largest margin of victory for Lafayette has been three-goals in 1989 (L, 7-4) and 1990 (L, 9-6).
• The Greyhounds will face eight unfamiliar opponents throughout this season.
• Loyola will face two programs it has never played in women’s lacrosse before, Holy Cross and Navy, while the Greyhounds will also take on six squads that is hasn’t played in head coach Jen Adams’ tenure; Colgate (last meeting 1982), Bucknell (1991), Lehigh (1991), Lafayette (1995), American (2002) and Boston University (2007).
• In addition, Adams’ squads have only taken the field one time versus Princeton prior to this year. In 2009, her first season, Loyola lost at Princeton, 13-7. The Greyhounds earned a 15-10 win on Saturday, Feb. 22 this year, though.
• The Greyhounds will remain on the road for its second-straight conference contest.
• Loyola will travel to Bucknell Wednesday for a 7 p.m. game time.
Lesher, Thomas, VanThof Earn Major Awards;...
After going undefeated in the Patriot League for a second-straight season, Loyola University...
Burke, VanThof And Wolf Named Corvias Patriot...
Seniors Kara Burke and Taryn VanThof, in addition to junior Molly Wolf, have been named the final...
Women's Lacrosse Downs Navy To Win Patriot...
The No. 16 Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team snapped Navy's 10-game win streak at ...
Navy And Women's Lax Play For Regular-Seaso...
Navy will host No. 16 Loyola Saturday in a game that will determine the Patriot League regular-se...
Thomas Picks Up Corvias Patriot League Player...
Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse senior Annie Thomas has become the third Greyhound to...
Women's Lax Downs BU To Clinch First-Round Bye ...
With a 9-6 win over Boston University at Ridley Athletic Complex Saturday afternoon, the 17th-ran...
Women's Lax Hosts Boston U. For Friends Of...
The Loyola women's lacrosse team will host Boston University in a rematch of last year's Patriot ...
Win Streak Runs To Nine For Women's Lacrosse...
Behind a career-best nine points from senior Annie Thomas, the No. 17 Loyola University Maryland ...
Sunday, Apr 26 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Ridley Athletic Complex 1:00 PM Video Saturday, May 2 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Syracuse Ridley Athletic Complex 1:00 PM Video Friday, May 8 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE NCAA First Round Campus Sites TBA Sunday, May 10 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE NCAA Second Round Campus Sites TBA Saturday, May 16 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE NCAA Quarterfinals Campus Sites TBA Sunday, May 17 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE NCAA Quarterfinals Campus Sites TBA