Patriot League Play Begins For WLAX Saturday At Lafayette
March 14, 2014
|Date||Saturday, March 15, 2014|
|Location||Easton, Pennsylvania | Fisher Stadium|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Saturday’s game will mark Loyola’s first-ever Patriot League contest.
• The game will also be Loyola’s first against Lafayette since 1995.
Loyola Greyhounds (3-4, 0-0 Patriot League)
• Loyola, the preseason Patriot League favorite, snapped a four-game losing skid with a 7-6 win over No. 17 Towson on Wednesday night.
• Senior Marlee Paton, the Patriot League Preseason Offensive Player of the Year, and junior Annie Thomas, lead the Greyhounds with 19 points each. Paton has 12 goals and seven assists, while Thomas has 10 goals and a team-high nine assists.
• Juniors Hannah Schmitt and Taryn VanThof lead the squad with 13 goals each, while junior Molly Hulseman has 13 points and junior Kara Burke has 11.
• VanThof also has a team-high 27 draw controls, 17 ground balls and 10 caused turnovers.
• Sophomore Maddy Lesher joined Paton, Schmitt, Thomas and VanThof on on the All-Patriot League Team, while Paton and VanThof were also Preseason All-Americans.
• In goal, sophomore Molly Wolf has four double-digit save games in seven outings this year, posting a 10.57 goals-against average and a .462 save percentage to go with 61 saves.
Lafayette Leopards (3-4, 0-1 Patriot League)
• Lafayette is looking to snap a two-game losing streak, as it lost to Navy, 11-5, in its Patriot League opener on Saturday, March 8. It also fell to Bryant, 18-12, Wednesday.
• The Leopards are led by Ana White’s 23 points and Laura Kleiber’s 18 goals. White has 16 goals and a team-best seven assists, 18 ground balls, 28 draws and 17 caused turnovers.
• In goal, Meghan Curtin has played all 420 minutes, posting a 9.71 goals-against average and a .409 save percentage to go with 47 saves.
Series Record vs. Lafayette
• The Greyhounds hold an 8-6 advantage in the all-time series with Lafayette, although the two squads have not faced since 1995.
• Loyola is currently on a four-game win streak over the Leopards and is 5-1 when playing in Easton, Pa. The lone loss was an 9-8 decision in 1988.
• Of the six losses the Greyhounds have suffered, four have been by one goal. The largest margin of victory for Lafayette has been three-goals in 1989 (L, 7-4) and 1990 (L, 9-6).
• The Greyhounds will face eight unfamiliar opponents throughout this season.
• Loyola will face two programs it has never played in women’s lacrosse before, Holy Cross and Navy, while the Greyhounds will also take on six squads that is hasn’t played in head coach Jen Adams’ tenure; Colgate (last meeting 1982), Bucknell (1991), Lehigh (1991), Lafayette (1995), American (2002) and Boston University (2007).
• In addition, Adams’ squads have only taken the field one time versus Princeton prior to this year. In 2009, her first season, Loyola lost at Princeton, 13-7. The Greyhounds earned a 15-10 win on Saturday, Feb. 22 this year, though.
• The Greyhounds will remain on the road for its second-straight conference contest.
• Loyola will travel to Bucknell Wednesday for a 7 p.m. game time.
Wood Named Director Of Women's Lacrosse Operations
Loyola University Maryland head coach Jen Adams announced Tuesday that Charlotte Wood will join...
Burke And Reinhard Named To IWLCA Academic...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team was recognized as a 2014 Division I IWLCA...
Registration For 12th-Annual DGA 5k Race On...
The 12th-annual Diane Geppi-Aikens 5k Race and 1-Mile Fun Walk will take place on Saturday,...
Loyola Student-Athletes Earn Patriot League...
Loyola University Maryland placed 136 student-athletes on the Patriot League Winter and Spring...
VanThof Selected To U.S. Women's Lacrosse...
Loyola University Maryland rising senior Taryn VanThof has been named to the prestigious 38-membe...
Loyola Women Become First NCAA Lacrosse Team To...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse returned safely from its foreign tour to London, ...
WLAX Concludes London Portion Of Tour; Heads To...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team concluded its stay in London, England on...
Women's Lacrosse Begins Trip To London And Cape...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team will depart for its international trip to...
There are no upcoming events.