Women's Lacrosse Returns Home To Host JMU Saturday
March 14, 2013
|Opponent||James Madison Dukes|
|Date||Saturday, March 16, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
|Clinic Flyer||Loyola Lax Blast|
Loyola Greyhounds (2-4, 0-0 BIG EAST)
• Loyola is looking to change a two-game losing streak. In their last outing, the Greyhounds led Delaware, 9-8, and created a free position opportunity with three seconds remaining but could not convert as the Blue Hens escaped with a 10-9 victory.
• Junior Marlee Paton leads the attack with 16 points on nine goals and a team-high seven assists and redshirt sophomore Taryn VanThof is second on the team with 13 points, tallying nine goals and four assists.
• Sophomore Hannah Schmitt leads the way with a team-high 12 goals, while classmate Sydney Thomas has also reached double-digits in points, contributing 11 on five goals and six assists.
• Freshman Maddy Lesher leads the defense with eight caused turnovers, while Paton and VanThof each have seven. Paton also has a team-best 18 ground balls and VanThof leads the squad with 25 draw controls.
James Madison Dukes (4-1, 0-0 CAA)
• The Dukes rebounded from a 13-12 set back to No. 7 Penn State - their only loss of the season - with a 13-12 win at Richmond on Wednesday.
• Casey Ancarrow leads JMU with 24 points, and has scored 20 goals on 29 shots.
• Lexi Cross leads the defense with 14 ground balls and eight caused turnovers, while Schylar Healy has played all 300 minutes in goal, posting a 9.20 goals-against average and is stopping 51.6 percent of shots faced.
In the Polls
• The Greyhounds remained at No. 12 in this weeks deBeer Media Poll, and fell to No. 11 in the IWLCA Coaches Poll.
• James Madison is receiving votes in both polls.
Series vs. James Madison
• The Greyhounds leads the series, 24-16, and had won three straight until falling to the Dukes last year after JMU scored seven unanswered goals to pull away.
• The series dates back to 1982, when the foes were members of the South Atlantic Lacrosse League and the Colonial Athletic Association.
• Loyola will open BIG EAST play by hosting Louisville and Cincinnati next weekend.
• The Greyhounds will take on the Cardinals Friday at 6 p.m., and the Bearcats Sunday at noon at Ridley Athletic Complex.
Women's Lax Hosts Boston U. For Friends Of...
The Loyola women's lacrosse team will host Boston University in a rematch of last year's Patriot ...
Win Streak Runs To Nine For Women's Lacrosse...
Behind a career-best nine points from senior Annie Thomas, the No. 17 Loyola University Maryland ...
American Hosts Women's Lacrosse Wednesday...
The women's lacrosse team travels to American for an afternoon contest with the Eagles Wednesday....
Burke And Wolf Named Corvias Patriot League...
Senior Kara Burke and junior Molly Wolf picked up a pair of weekly honors from the Patriot League...
Burke Leads Loyola Past Colgate As Women's...
Loyola University Maryland senior Kara Burke scored a career-high six goals to lead the 16th-rank...
Lacrosse Doubleheader Kicks Off As Women Host...
The women's lacrosse team will begin a Loyola lacrosse doubleheader at Ridley Athletic Complex...
Thomas Breaks Program's Assist Record In 15...
Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse senior Annie Thomas broke the program's all-time...
Towson Hosts Women's Lacrosse In Wednesday ...
The Loyola women's lacrosse team will head up the road to Towson on Wednesday for a 7 p.m.,...
Friday, Apr 24 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Semifinals Ridley Athletic Complex TBA Video Sunday, Apr 26 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Championship Game Ridley Athletic Complex 1:00 PM Video Saturday, May 2 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Syracuse Ridley Athletic Complex 1:00 PM Video Friday, May 8 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE NCAA First Round Campus Sites TBA Sunday, May 10 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE NCAA Second Round Campus Sites TBA Saturday, May 16 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE NCAA Quarterfinals Campus Sites TBA