Women's Lacrosse Returns Home To Host JMU Saturday
March 14, 2013
|Opponent||James Madison Dukes|
|Date||Saturday, March 16, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
|Clinic Flyer||Loyola Lax Blast|
Loyola Greyhounds (2-4, 0-0 BIG EAST)
• Loyola is looking to change a two-game losing streak. In their last outing, the Greyhounds led Delaware, 9-8, and created a free position opportunity with three seconds remaining but could not convert as the Blue Hens escaped with a 10-9 victory.
• Junior Marlee Paton leads the attack with 16 points on nine goals and a team-high seven assists and redshirt sophomore Taryn VanThof is second on the team with 13 points, tallying nine goals and four assists.
• Sophomore Hannah Schmitt leads the way with a team-high 12 goals, while classmate Sydney Thomas has also reached double-digits in points, contributing 11 on five goals and six assists.
• Freshman Maddy Lesher leads the defense with eight caused turnovers, while Paton and VanThof each have seven. Paton also has a team-best 18 ground balls and VanThof leads the squad with 25 draw controls.
James Madison Dukes (4-1, 0-0 CAA)
• The Dukes rebounded from a 13-12 set back to No. 7 Penn State - their only loss of the season - with a 13-12 win at Richmond on Wednesday.
• Casey Ancarrow leads JMU with 24 points, and has scored 20 goals on 29 shots.
• Lexi Cross leads the defense with 14 ground balls and eight caused turnovers, while Schylar Healy has played all 300 minutes in goal, posting a 9.20 goals-against average and is stopping 51.6 percent of shots faced.
In the Polls
• The Greyhounds remained at No. 12 in this weeks deBeer Media Poll, and fell to No. 11 in the IWLCA Coaches Poll.
• James Madison is receiving votes in both polls.
Series vs. James Madison
• The Greyhounds leads the series, 24-16, and had won three straight until falling to the Dukes last year after JMU scored seven unanswered goals to pull away.
• The series dates back to 1982, when the foes were members of the South Atlantic Lacrosse League and the Colonial Athletic Association.
• Loyola will open BIG EAST play by hosting Louisville and Cincinnati next weekend.
• The Greyhounds will take on the Cardinals Friday at 6 p.m., and the Bearcats Sunday at noon at Ridley Athletic Complex.
Geppi-Aikens To Be Inducted Into National...
Diane Geppi-Aikens, former Loyola University Maryland head women's lacrosse coach, will be...
Eight Greyhound Teams Recognized By NCAA For...
Eight Loyola University Maryland athletic teams were recognized Wednesday by the NCAA for being...
Thomas, VanThof, Lesher Pick Up IWLCA All-Ameri...
Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse senior Annie Thomas was named to the IWLCA All-Americ...
Syracuse Gets Past Women's Lacrosse, 10-7, In...
Kara Burke scored three goals and tied the Loyola University Maryland single-season record with...
Burke Earns Capital One Academic All-District...
Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse senior Kara Burke added another honor to her name on ...
Women's Lacrosse Seniors Celebrate Commencement...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team gathered Thursday afternoon to celebrate a...
NCAA Quarterfinal Round Features Loyola,...
The No. 13 Loyola women's lacrosse team will return to Syracuse for the second time in two weeks ...
US Lacrosse Invites Six Greyhounds To Tryout...
Six Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse players are among the 108 players that have been ...
Saturday, Sept 19 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Alumnae Game Ridley Athletic Complex 11:00 AM