March 14, 2013
Loyola Greyhounds (2-4, 0-0 BIG EAST)
• Loyola is looking to change a two-game losing streak. In their last outing, the Greyhounds led Delaware, 9-8, and created a free position opportunity with three seconds remaining but could not convert as the Blue Hens escaped with a 10-9 victory.
• Junior Marlee Paton leads the attack with 16 points on nine goals and a team-high seven assists and redshirt sophomore Taryn VanThof is second on the team with 13 points, tallying nine goals and four assists.
• Sophomore Hannah Schmitt leads the way with a team-high 12 goals, while classmate Sydney Thomas has also reached double-digits in points, contributing 11 on five goals and six assists.
• Freshman Maddy Lesher leads the defense with eight caused turnovers, while Paton and VanThof each have seven. Paton also has a team-best 18 ground balls and VanThof leads the squad with 25 draw controls.
James Madison Dukes (4-1, 0-0 CAA)
• The Dukes rebounded from a 13-12 set back to No. 7 Penn State - their only loss of the season - with a 13-12 win at Richmond on Wednesday.
• Casey Ancarrow leads JMU with 24 points, and has scored 20 goals on 29 shots.
• Lexi Cross leads the defense with 14 ground balls and eight caused turnovers, while Schylar Healy has played all 300 minutes in goal, posting a 9.20 goals-against average and is stopping 51.6 percent of shots faced.
In the Polls
• The Greyhounds remained at No. 12 in this weeks deBeer Media Poll, and fell to No. 11 in the IWLCA Coaches Poll.
• James Madison is receiving votes in both polls.
Series vs. James Madison
• The Greyhounds leads the series, 24-16, and had won three straight until falling to the Dukes last year after JMU scored seven unanswered goals to pull away.
• The series dates back to 1982, when the foes were members of the South Atlantic Lacrosse League and the Colonial Athletic Association.
• Loyola will open BIG EAST play by hosting Louisville and Cincinnati next weekend.
• The Greyhounds will take on the Cardinals Friday at 6 p.m., and the Bearcats Sunday at noon at Ridley Athletic Complex.