Women's Lacrosse Returns Home To Host JMU Saturday
March 14, 2013
|Opponent||James Madison Dukes|
|Date||Saturday, March 16, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
|Clinic Flyer||Loyola Lax Blast|
Loyola Greyhounds (2-4, 0-0 BIG EAST)
• Loyola is looking to change a two-game losing streak. In their last outing, the Greyhounds led Delaware, 9-8, and created a free position opportunity with three seconds remaining but could not convert as the Blue Hens escaped with a 10-9 victory.
• Junior Marlee Paton leads the attack with 16 points on nine goals and a team-high seven assists and redshirt sophomore Taryn VanThof is second on the team with 13 points, tallying nine goals and four assists.
• Sophomore Hannah Schmitt leads the way with a team-high 12 goals, while classmate Sydney Thomas has also reached double-digits in points, contributing 11 on five goals and six assists.
• Freshman Maddy Lesher leads the defense with eight caused turnovers, while Paton and VanThof each have seven. Paton also has a team-best 18 ground balls and VanThof leads the squad with 25 draw controls.
James Madison Dukes (4-1, 0-0 CAA)
• The Dukes rebounded from a 13-12 set back to No. 7 Penn State - their only loss of the season - with a 13-12 win at Richmond on Wednesday.
• Casey Ancarrow leads JMU with 24 points, and has scored 20 goals on 29 shots.
• Lexi Cross leads the defense with 14 ground balls and eight caused turnovers, while Schylar Healy has played all 300 minutes in goal, posting a 9.20 goals-against average and is stopping 51.6 percent of shots faced.
In the Polls
• The Greyhounds remained at No. 12 in this weeks deBeer Media Poll, and fell to No. 11 in the IWLCA Coaches Poll.
• James Madison is receiving votes in both polls.
Series vs. James Madison
• The Greyhounds leads the series, 24-16, and had won three straight until falling to the Dukes last year after JMU scored seven unanswered goals to pull away.
• The series dates back to 1982, when the foes were members of the South Atlantic Lacrosse League and the Colonial Athletic Association.
• Loyola will open BIG EAST play by hosting Louisville and Cincinnati next weekend.
• The Greyhounds will take on the Cardinals Friday at 6 p.m., and the Bearcats Sunday at noon at Ridley Athletic Complex.
Over 600 Participants Take Part In 13th-Annual ...
A total of 640 participants from the Baltimore area and the Loyola University Maryland community ...
Lesher, Paton, Thomas, VanThof Make Patriot...
In two years since joining the Patriot League, the Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse...
Aikens And Burke Named To IWLCA/Zag Sports...
Shannon Aikens and Kara Burke have been named to the IWLCA/Zag Sports Academic Honor Roll, while ...
152 Student-Athletes Earn Patriot League...
Loyola University Maryland placed 152 student-athletes on their respective sports' Patriot League...
Schmitt, Thomas, VanThof To Play In IWLCA North...
Three Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse seniors - Hannah Schmitt, Annie Thomas and...
Geppi-Aikens Formally Inducted Into National...
Diane Geppi-Aikens, former Loyola University Maryland head women's lacrosse coach, will be...
Eight Greyhound Teams Recognized By NCAA For...
Eight Loyola University Maryland athletic teams were recognized Wednesday by the NCAA for being...
Thomas, VanThof, Lesher Pick Up IWLCA All-Ameri...
Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse senior Annie Thomas was named to the IWLCA All-Americ...
There are no upcoming events.