Women's Lacrosse Returns Home To Host JMU Saturday
March 14, 2013
|Opponent||James Madison Dukes|
|Date||Saturday, March 16, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
|Clinic Flyer||Loyola Lax Blast|
Loyola Greyhounds (2-4, 0-0 BIG EAST)
• Loyola is looking to change a two-game losing streak. In their last outing, the Greyhounds led Delaware, 9-8, and created a free position opportunity with three seconds remaining but could not convert as the Blue Hens escaped with a 10-9 victory.
• Junior Marlee Paton leads the attack with 16 points on nine goals and a team-high seven assists and redshirt sophomore Taryn VanThof is second on the team with 13 points, tallying nine goals and four assists.
• Sophomore Hannah Schmitt leads the way with a team-high 12 goals, while classmate Sydney Thomas has also reached double-digits in points, contributing 11 on five goals and six assists.
• Freshman Maddy Lesher leads the defense with eight caused turnovers, while Paton and VanThof each have seven. Paton also has a team-best 18 ground balls and VanThof leads the squad with 25 draw controls.
James Madison Dukes (4-1, 0-0 CAA)
• The Dukes rebounded from a 13-12 set back to No. 7 Penn State - their only loss of the season - with a 13-12 win at Richmond on Wednesday.
• Casey Ancarrow leads JMU with 24 points, and has scored 20 goals on 29 shots.
• Lexi Cross leads the defense with 14 ground balls and eight caused turnovers, while Schylar Healy has played all 300 minutes in goal, posting a 9.20 goals-against average and is stopping 51.6 percent of shots faced.
In the Polls
• The Greyhounds remained at No. 12 in this weeks deBeer Media Poll, and fell to No. 11 in the IWLCA Coaches Poll.
• James Madison is receiving votes in both polls.
Series vs. James Madison
• The Greyhounds leads the series, 24-16, and had won three straight until falling to the Dukes last year after JMU scored seven unanswered goals to pull away.
• The series dates back to 1982, when the foes were members of the South Atlantic Lacrosse League and the Colonial Athletic Association.
• Loyola will open BIG EAST play by hosting Louisville and Cincinnati next weekend.
• The Greyhounds will take on the Cardinals Friday at 6 p.m., and the Bearcats Sunday at noon at Ridley Athletic Complex.
Wolf Collects Second Corvias ECAC Defensive...
Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse senior goalkeeper Molly Wolf picked up her...
Wolf Earns Third Corvias Patriot League...
Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse senior goalkeeper Molly Wolf has been named the...
WLAX Captures Patriot League Regular Season...
Senior Molly Wolf recorded a career-best 15 saves to help the Loyola University Maryland capture ...
Lafayette Hosts Women's Lacrosse Saturday...
The Loyola women's lacrosse team will head to Lafayette to face the Leopards Saturday at 3 p.m....
WLAX Beats Bucknell, Clinches Share Of Regular-...
Nine Greyhounds scored as the Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse team picked up a ...
Clark Named Corvias Patriot League Midfield...
Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse junior Emily Clark has been named the Corvias...
Clark's Game-Winner In Overtime Helps Women's...
The Lehigh women's lacrosse team closed out regulation by scoring five-straight goals, but junior...
Women's Lax Hosts Lehigh In Key Patriot...
The Loyola women's lacrosse team hosts Lehigh in a key Patriot League matchup Saturday at 3 p.m. ...
Friday, May 6 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Semifinals Ridley Athletic Complex TBA Sunday, May 8 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Championship Game Ridley Athletic Complex TBA